Out of the Blue Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$187
US$166
US$86
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Badladz Dive Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$38
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Lalaguna Villas(Puerto Galera)
US$117
US$93
  • Pool
Badladz Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$50
US$131
US$114
Agoda.com
Papa Fred's Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$40
  • Beachfront
Steps Garden Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$32
  • Pool
Montani Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$20
  • Pool
Blue Ribbon Dive Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$34
  • Pool
All reviewsaction diversbedroom villaveranda restaurantfree laundrylower poollaguna beachlaundry servicede stressliving areaprivate boatroom ratebatangas cityvery pleasant staybreakfast was includedsmall la lagunasmall lalagunascuba diving
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2012

After a very long trip by plane, car and boat and feeling very exhausted quite late on a Friday night, we received a very warm welcome by Danny, the manager of Out of the Blue Luxury Resort. We were immediately impressed with the resort, our jacuzzi room which overlooked the pool and had a view of the sea. Nothing was too much trouble to ensure that our needs were met. The restaurant stayed open to make a delicious meal for us and the staff were happy to serve us with a smile! Unfortunately one member of our group wasn't happy with the location of his room, but this problem was rectified immediately and was 'upgraded' to another room with no charge. Other friends were upgraded to a three bedroom villa for no charge during our stay too. It was just amazing, and gave our group a nice area to get together. The owner, John, put on a special spread on the A.F.L. grand final day, which we thought was very generous of him. We couldn't recommend this resort more highly!!!!! It was very clean, located right next door to our dive operators (Action Divers), close to bars and restaurants and the management and staff were most friendly. The verandah restaurant at the resort was definitely the best place to eat. We definitely looked forward to our breakfasts, which were included in our package. The Philippino breakfast was a definite hit! Our 12 day visit was not enough. A return visit is a must. Thank you, Out Of The Blue!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We were on a very tight trip to the Philippines after watching Phantom of the Opera in Manila and would like to go to a beach. It was with random chance that we came across Out of the Blue when we cyber surfed into Puerto Galera as a beach destination. My first acquaintence with OFTB was over the email where I was given concise, clear and very helpful assistance to get to a place which I only knew existed days ago. The way transport was organized (their partner dive centre Action Diver - another fascination of this resort), the little surprises and the clear instructions given was a hit, Nothing could be easier.

We were ferried to OFTB without the slightest hiccup - and we arrived promptly at 10.00am (departing Manila at 7am after a 2hr safe and comfortable ride with a riggie waiting for us to send us to the doorstep of the resort). There we were met and welcomed by the manageress herself at the jetty! We were very early for the check in and the resort actually facilitated the early check in for us albeit the room was still occupied. Luggages were looked after and we had such an easy time wandering around the township only to return to a splendid looking room.

Our sentiments on the resort is as follows:

1. The resort is very well managed and put together. It reminded me of one of the Greek islands I have been to, stairways up and about. You get startling views if you can manage the climb up - and it is reasonably challenging but nothing comes for free - the view is worth every effort.The room is absolutely clean, comfortable with modern luxury. The staff who attended to us were very mindful and attentive to our needs.

2. Service is fautless - I think these three words sum up our impression on the hospitality, the welcome factor and the awesome friendliness given to us during our short stay, Everything was taken care for us to the brim, including booking a boat out for snorkeling, diving with Action Divers (try them - one of the best in town) or simply dinner at the Verandah - good food, nice ambience and love the quietude.

3. The facilities in the resort, pool and the jacuzzi in room are all top notch and well maintained. You dont see a speck of stain anywhere, not even in their bathrooms and pillows and linens were absolutely clean and well provided.

4. With some many distinctions which we gave to this resort, the BEST thing probably I will give, the biggest A+ is their location. It's not in Sabang township but a good 10 mins stroll along the coast to the town and you don't want to be right in the middle of Sabang town where noise, crowd and hordes of Koreans and Beer Drinkers congregate and buzzing music roared. We take time to leave our city life to go to a coastal township to enjoy the rustic quietude and this resort allows that - it gives you room to be in such a rustic, comfy and quiet environment yet in 10 mins can bring you into a coastal township buzz. There are lights at night to guide the walk to the town so it is more than easy access.

All in all, we have enjoyed our stay in OFTB. While I can't say they can do everything for us, for the request we made, they deliver it promptly, as promised, and they NEVER compromise on the service rendered to us. This made our trip such an enjoyable one that even on our way back on the boat, we were already talking about possibly return next month for a longer stay.

We have been to many many coastal resorts over the years, from the really rustic East Timor ones to the luxurious Maldivian ones, and OFTB will be one I will remember for a long time, and definite amidst some of the best ones I have been to.

PS. Please consider using their partnering Dive Centre. Being avid divers for years, we have joined many dive centres and Action Divers definitely come in as one of the top few. Drop them an email and discuss with them your needs and plans - you will know what I mean, right from the first email you get from them.

Room Tip: Drop Dani an email and let her know your plans. They will assist you beyond expectations.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ABChan
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I just got back from a 9 day stay at this resort and I must say, this resort has got to be the best in Sabang. I got to sample three rooms during my stay there and loved every minute of it. Here are the reviews of the rooms:

Villa 7: The 2 floor 1 bedroom suite had a fantastic view of the sea, the kitchen had a toaster oven, a blender and decent pans among other standard kitchen stuff and there were 2 tv's in the suite. This would be great for a small family, but since I was on my own, I just used the tv downstairs. I didn't like the bedroom though because it didn't have any windows, but that's just my personal preference.

Villa 5 - the budget studio room with kitchenette
This was a great room for the price, the kitchen was nicely outfitted with a 4 burner gas stove and mini refrigerator with freezer compartment that could store a pint of ice cream. The location of the room is convenient in that it faces the smaller and newer pool plus, it's nearer to the front desk and restaurant so you'll have fewer steps to contend with.

Villa 8 - 1 bedroom suite with kitchen and view of the vacant lot behind the property.
This suite was nicely laid out and the sofa was really comfortable after a long day of diving. This was the perfect suite for me since I didn't really need the view and the price was right also. You get a big bathroom and decent sized bedroom in the flat, plus it connects to villa 9 next door that you can probably book together to make into a two bedroom suite. The wifi is only in the living area near the window where the sofa is but it didn't matter to me since I spent most of my waking non diving times there anyway.

Overall review:
Cleanliness was spot on, all rooms were very clean and you can hang a sign outside if you'd like the room cleaned, don't need it to be cleaned or the standard do not disturb sign.
The owner was incredibly accommodating especially when I wanted to extend my stay for another two nights. Dani (one of the owners) was very warm and friendly which made me feel at home right away, which is always nice when you're travelling alone.
The food in the restaurant was great, the pancakes and scrambled eggs were always fluffy and the bacon was the nice meaty kind which wasn't crispy but perfectly seasoned, not too sweet nor too salty. The price on the menu was reasonable and the homemade seafood ravioli was yummy.

I'll definitely stay here next time I'm in Sabang for a long period of time. I'll try Villa 9 next :)

Stay here, and you won't regret it!

Just a side note, there's no sandy beach out front of small la laguna and they all have boats moored along the shore anyway, if you want the sandy beach, you can walk about 5 minutes over to big la laguna.

Room Tip: if you want less stairs to climb, go for the jacuzzi suites, villa 4, villa 3, villa 5, otherwise you'll have to really climb some steps but, it's good cardio anyway :)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DeepSeaAddict
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The place is great and very clean. Staffs are really nice and very helpful. But the highlight for me here is the food! THEY HAVE A GREAT FOOD! Gotta give a thumbs up for their cook, I FORGOT HIS NAME. but everyone smiles and always give a good service which is very important for a hotel with restaurant. The diving area was also good. The place is very very relaxing. not a good spot for the kids though because there's really not much to do in the area, its not the hotels fault though because the place is pretty isolated. The resort is awesome and really can't say any negative. The pool is great too and also the rooms are fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PinkRuby08
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I've previously written a review for OOB but have just returned once more. It is STILL the best place to stay in PG/Sabang Beach. Infact it only gets better each time! The new pool area is fantastic!!!

From the staff, to the accommodation, to the service, to the food there is no better place to stay.

LOVE IT!!!!!!

Room Tip: There are NO bad rooms here. Each one is excellent. If you are not the fittest person on the planet take one of the Jacuzzi suites. But you cant go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends