“Truly Paradise”

Out of the Blue Resort
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We have recently stayed at Out Of The Blue, it had been recommended by a friend. Having never been to the Philippines, we were not too sure what to expect. We had arranged a private transfer from Manila by taxi then bangka and wow, as we came towards the beach and saw the resort, we were blown away. It truly is beautiful. The staff at OOTB couldnt do enough to help, from simple requests, to arranging bangka trips tp other beaches, jeepneys to take us wherever or whatever we wanted, they really couldnt do enough. The booking of the resort was very simple and check out pain free. We are already thinking when can we fit in a return trip.

Room Tip: The higher your apartments are the more breathtaking the view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Diane S
There are newer reviews for Out of the Blue Resort

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have been coming Puerto Galera for several years now and have stayed at several resorts. But Out of the Blue is easily the best. This is where I will stay from here on in. Very efficient booking process. Great staff and they really care. Excellent rooms (very clean and upmarket) and terrific beds. Breakfast was great each day as were the evening meals we had in the restaurant - the Veranda, which has lovely views and breezes. Highly recommended for couples and families especially. Out of the Blue is really "out of the blue".

Room Tip: They add on a small fee for use of your credit card as many resorts in PG do. But they are very upfr...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This is the bext accommodation on the strip by far. It is bext to get organised and plan as they get booked out fast. This was a repeat visit for me, and I cannot fault this place, Genuine, smiling high quality staff, and a real desire to make the customer comfortable. The verandah restaurant is also one of (or the best) in Peurta Gallera. I have the Nicoise salad and the chickn ramen every day , and the breakfasts are also high quality. The steps to v2 are long, but they do keep you fit.

Room Tip: If there are two couples or two SIngles V2 iis extraordinary value as it has a wonderul cathedral li...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Excellent room, amazing view and peaceful environment! We stayed at suite S4 and I just didn't rate 5 stars because of the noise early in the morning, most of the time we woke up with the staff cleaning adjacent areas too early such as 7 am.
If you are a diver I'd recommend to book one of left rooms (when you are facing the beach) they have an additional balcony that you can use to dry your wet suits and equipment without making a mess in your room or ruining the other guests view. And if you stay at the hotel and dive with action divers shop you get an extra 10% discount in your dives.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie_HK
OOTB-JB, Owner at Out of the Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Hi Jackie. Glad I had an opportunity to talk to you before you checked out. Thanks once again for the feed back re the noise. As you know, I planned to stay in the same villa the following night, which I did. I try to stay in each villa at least once every 2 months to make sure everything is tip top. As result, I was able to rack down most of the noise to 2 doors that make a bit of a racket when opened and closed. This has now been solved by adding some felt buffers. Plus some signs to remind our staff to be aware of guests resting in the villas nearby.

Hopefully next time you will give us the extra star!!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Due to countless changes in target location and travel schedule, we never had a concrete plan for our short but sweet travel until all of a sudden we found our best option, out of the blue. Reservation process was very organized and resort personnel was very accommodating. We were accompanied by the resort staff from sabang beach port to the resort location which was quite a walk. When we reached the resort, we had our welcome drinks then ordered our lunch. The seafood we ordered was very good. Then we went to our room, for which we picked the most budgeted room rate given our anticipated length of stay in our room as compared to doing outside activities. I think we got the best value for money as we found the room still spacious though the resort personnel managed our expectation beforehand. The resort location has both positive and negative side; positive because of the nice view and negative due to the location being far from good swimming spots. Another thing we liked about the resort, is the wifi connection in three (3) major areas within the resort. Resort personnel also assisted in the arrangement of our tour the next day. Overall, what makes the resort special is the quality service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Demz_Pogi
Reviewed 13 June 2013

A group of us went for our first weekend in Puerto gal era, i chose Out of the Blue as the place to stay for my weekend birthday bash. It was a great choice. Excellent resort, great food and wine, excellent service. I would go back again and again.
The steaks were superb in the restaurant on Saturday night. The wine cabinet had some very pleasant surprises, and the lower pool was a fabulous domain to spend the weekend to get away from the hustle and bustle of Manila

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Was planning on a last minute, end-of-summer getaway when I saw the review (on Tripadvisor) of this place. Sent inquiry via the resort's website and in less than 30 minutes had a positive response. Got the rest of the details via email, was receiving text messages from the resort and was soon on our way.

Just to be clear: this is not in the White Beach area (Thank God!) but instead is in Sabang area. For those taking the ferry from the Batangas Port, make sure you have signed for the right boat. We took the Father and Son ferry and it was uneventful. We were met at the port by a rep from the resort. Be forewarned: you will have to walk along a path on the beach for a good 10 minutes from Sabang port before you get to the resort itself. That, by itself was interesting. So if you're carrying huge and/or heavy bags (or have more than 2 people with heavy bags), make sure you have advised the resort before getting there so they can send more than 1 person to help. They will really do that (I asked) as long as you make prior arrangements. And it's free (tipping the guy is okay though).
The first thing you will see as you enter is the resort's freshwater pool. It is much prettier at night time when it's lit. There's also a minibar in that area (we didn't try this pool). Another caveat: this resort is NOT disabled-person friendly. There are stairs (lots of them) to navigate before you could get to the reception area and their restaurant. You also get a welcome drink when you check in - I think we had mango shake - which was more than welcome after the walk from the port plus the heat.
We had the small studio (which was more than adequate for 2 persons). It had a kitchenette and it's own toilet and shower. The kitchenette is stocked with basic cooking utensils, dishes, silverware and glasses. There is also a water heater and a rice cooker and a stove. If I were staying with a group of people or for a longer period of time, I think I'd have used the kitchen. There is also a small seawater pool in the mid part of the resort. We stayed in Villa #5 and the pool is right outside our front door. The view from up this area is beautiful. I'd definitely ask for this villa again next time. The bathroom was nice and clean. There are more than adequate towels, washcloth and hand towel. They also provided body lotion, shower gel and hand soap. As can be expected, the water smelled of seawater and had a salty taste. I had to buy bottled water to rinse after brushing my teeth. It didn't matter if you let the tap or shower ran for awhile - the smell and taste of seawater remained. On the last day of our stay, there were 2 small cockroaches in the bathroom. I'm not a squeamish person (they WERE small and not flying around) and a good ol' swat with my flipflop took care of them.
The Verandah restaurant serves some of the best foods I've had. It rivals even the best restaurant in Manila. I asked if the day before's special is still available (I think they were Beef Medallions) and the restaurant obliged us. The meat was really good and tasty and the presentation was also nice. We were also asked if we wanted to try this fish found only in the Galera area and we said yes. It was huge (probably 2 kilos!), baked with white sauce and veggies on the side. It was very fresh, the fish meat still tasted sweet and the veggies cooked perfectly. Every meal (and cold drink) I had in the restaurant was really really good. Try the molten chocolate dessert. Yum! The service was friendly, unobtrusive and was really good. About the only thing that I could think of that was "off" in the restaurant was the brewed coffee. On arrival, it was really good; for breakfast the following morning, it tasted "old" - like it was the bottom of the pot. Same thing at dinner that night. Some people may have issues with the menu prices but it was just average for me (I live in a big metropolitan city in the US). The view from the restaurant was also nice. You can see Batangas City lit up at night. Bring bug spray though as there are lots of flying insects. The restaurant area is "open" til 930 pm but I'm not sure if it's okay to hang out in the balcony area after that.

Wi-fi was spotty when were there. It only worked in the reception and restaurant area although there were routers up the second pool area.

Would I stay here again? ABSOLUTELY. From start of the booking, helpful text messages before arrival, friendly staff, amazing views, clean villas, great food... not much more to ask for. It is clean, quiet and away from the craziness that is White Beach. You can still go there (which we did) but then return to this sanctuary. It is definitely pricier than the White Beach area but you get what you pay for. I can honestly say (if I had a choice) I will never stay at White Beach if and when I return to Galera. Out of The Blue has spoiled me and my expectations have gone higher =).

Thanks to the staff of Out Of The Blue for a nice time. We will be back!

Room Tip: Villa #5 for couples. For families or groups, get Villa #4 which has a connecting door to #5 and ac...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flipinsf1
OOTB-JB, Owner at Out of the Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Hi Flipins. Thank you for such a detailed review. We appreciate the effort. Yes, we are more than happy to meet our guests in Sabang and assist with luggage - free of charge. As a standard service we also supply complimentary bottled water each day in each villa, so I assume the water you purchased was in addition to what we supplied. Re the bugs, we have in place a rigorous on-going regime to control all creepies in all villas and we have to be especially vigilant at the start of the wet season as in May (as do all resorts in most of Asia). And our Sari Sari store is always stocked with personal insect repellants if you wish to be outside in the evenings. Re the brewed coffee, I have chased this up and I am now replacing the current set up with glass based brewers which are much easier to keep "fresh". We have also just signed on to using Nescafe "Dolce Gusto" specialty coffee products - so the coffee, including the complimentary brewed coffee, should be great next time you stay with us. And hopefully you'll find the WiFi better too due to some recent upgrades. The combined Villa option is Villa 15 (combination of Villa 1 and Villa 5). Thanks once again for the constructive feed back.