Out of the Blue Resort
US$173
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Badladz Dive Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$39
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Utopia Resort & Spa(Puerto Galera)
US$93
US$90
Agoda.com
Badladz Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$50
US$140
US$84
  • Breakfast included
Oceana Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)
US$54
Lalaguna Villas(Puerto Galera)
US$210
US$204
  • Pool
Blue Crystal Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$99
  • Beachfront
US$51
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsaction diversbedroom villaveranda restaurantfree laundrylower poollaguna beachlaundry servicede stressliving areaprivate boatroom ratebatangas cityvery pleasant staybreakfast was includedsmall la lagunasmall lalagunascuba diving
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2014

If you've read the other reviews you'll get the picture, I'm just adding to the accolades. OOB is without doubt the premier hotel in Puerto Galera, quite some way above the rest. I wanted somewhere special for my wife as she'd had a tough few months at work, just needed to have everything to hand, no hassles, no complaints and a relaxing atmosphere. We got all that and more for five nights over New Year, and I had a very long face when I had to leave.

We stayed up by the top pool for two nights as villa 5 was the only one available then. Cheapest room in the house but actually I'd recommend it. Though the hotel was full we had the upper pool to ourselves, and stunning views over the bay. The room is more than comfortable with a little kitchen and a massive shower! We then moved to one of the suites with a spa bath, very spoilled we felt too. This looks over the main pool, you could almost dive into the pool from our balcony, though I'd not recommend this. But sitting having a sundowner on our terrace, looking at the beautiful blue pool, the palm trees and the waterfall into the baby pool was amazing. Sabang and the two La Laguna beaches can get a bit hectic with all the folks rushing around diving etc but as OOB is set back a bit and well protected you'd hardly know - hustle and bustle doesn't happen here.

The staff were exemplary from the first enquiry with the ever helpful and courteous Trish, to the reception, bar and housekeeping staff. Everyone smiled and asked if we needed anything, without being overbearing. It has a nice family run hotel type vibe, the whole staff seem to pull together.

They're on good terms with Action Divers too, where I did my diving, and it's just at the bottom of the steps, so I could sit by the pool, head downstairs and 15 minutes later be dropping onto the reef. As I didn't take enough cash I even got them to put the diving on my bill at OOB.

If you're a couple, or a family taking one of the bigger suites I can't recommend this place enough. A slice of relaxation heaven indeed. I'll be back.

Room Tip: The rooms up by the top pool are good, don't think because you're not near the main pool you're losing out. But if you can afford JS1 or 2, go for it. Monster room with a spa bath overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rovingscot63
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We studied and studied and studied where to stay here in pg.... We wanted ocean views, a nice room and air conditioning.. Plus pools....

Our room is around 90sqm... Huge one bedroom with dining area, lounge room and living roo area which looks over a balcony... I have one pool literally out of my front door which few people use, because there is a new and large pool on ground level...

But here is the winner for me.... Solid brick walls... None of the typical noise issues and due to the configuration of the rooms and the plants ... You feel like you are in a house ... Which isn't surprising because it use to be a holiday house which has simply been expanded on and done to a level I would expect in noosa (Queensland Australia). So well done, we will be back and will be recommending out of the blue to anyone looking for a relaxing quality hotel with friendly staff and owners.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013

this is really a wonderfull resort boutique hotel with luxe villas never seen before in Mindoro
located on the beach of small Laguna steps away from the beach, its romantic here
no car no scooter only the sound of the sea and the bancas,
arrived so easy with privat transport from Manile just on the entry of of resort, easy checkin
and wow the villa rooms are a dream so clean and well equiped with a lot of towels and
rif and soap etc... SUPER
The veranda restaurant upstairs a small walk with easy steps verry easy the restaurant
offer a wide choise of food well cooked and perfect served by the staff
excellent wine choises and the vieuw is amazing from the veranda terras

Here i will come back asap

Room Tip: the rooftop appartments are the best a lot of space and light and so romantic
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank mindanaoSchilde
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I went to this hotel both in November and December taking different friends and family there for a diving trip. I am thoroughly pleased with the resort. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable, view gorgeous and service excellent. I took both times the private boat / car option which although a little pricey was definitely a very convenient option. Just beware that the car part actually takes 3-4hr, not the advertised 2-2.5 hr depending on traffic. Manila traffic is horrific. The return boat ride is a little too choppy for my 8mth old nephew.

Overall, I think the service is so excellent that I would recommend anyone going to PG, especially if you aren't on a tight budget. I even had my own room on both trips! My diving school stayed at lalaguna dive resort but I didn't want to stay in a dorm like setting - I am told most hard core divers do that. But if you are like me, you want to just pay a little more and get some quality sleep and be ready for your morning dive!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Out of the Blue Resort is very refined a perfect retreat to unwind. We stayed 3 days and this is my third times. I celebrated my Birthday it was memorable and very nice my cousin and staff surprised me an ice cream and cake.Thank you Out of The Blue for always making our stay comp'table as possible and your service remains excellent. staff were excellent friendly and competent.
We stayed in villa 4 with a great view of the sea. It is fully air conditioned with our own kitchen and dinning it was so clean, very relaxing place, after a long day I get the best sleep. Everything felt classic everywhere. we enjoyed the private swimming pool it was so clean.
Food was so good, every time we come their we tried different dishes it was great. Nice Ambiance very relaxing place.

Room Tip: All of their rooms had a different nice view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends