“Stellar hotel ocean view and service”

Out of the Blue Resort
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed 31 January 2014

After 3 decades I came back to Puerta Galera, they just had cottages then. I was blown away coming back especially at this hotel, uphill hike to the hotel room was a good workout, amazing room with ocean view verandas that open up to ocean breeze for the living & sleeping area. Pool at the bottom & pool at the top. Service was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Taritz24

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Very nice,clean and friendly staffs,From the van to the boat and during our stay here.I had a very comfortable holiday with my hubby and his mum.
A month holiday is not enough,and hope i will be back again and stay here in the future...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wengster
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We planned to spend a month in Puerto Galera which I gather is longer than most people plan to and picked this resort based on other Tripadvisor reviews. We were very happy with the holiday and in particular with our choice of accommodation. I booked online and although I messed up the booking dates (twice) they were very accommodating and no trouble at all to deal with. We decided on the private van/boat transfer option and I can highly recommend this as it sets the tone for the rest of your stay. The pick up was on time the driver was courteous and his van modern and clean. The boat was waiting for us when we arrived and our luggage was loaded by the boatmen. When we arrived on the beach we were met by the resort staff with a welcome drink and the boatmen carried the luggage to our room. Perfect.

During the stay we had extra family arrive so we got to sample 3 different rooms. The Poolside Jacuzzi Suite, the 1 bedroom villa (Villa4) and the 2 bedroom villa (Villa 2). The rooms were all clean, serviced daily and had good water pressure and very good air conditioning. Villa 2 and 4 both open to the ocean and have great views and balconies with the views from villa 2 being particularly stunning but of course it has the most stairs. Be warned that the free internet is very slow but having said that we didn't find it any better anywhere else in Puerto Galera either.

All the staff from the front desk to the maintenance guys were friendly, smiling and very obliging with nothing being too much trouble. We booked some day trips, massages etc through the front desk as well as followed their recommendations for dive schools etc and were always very satisfied the services we received. The food in the restaurant was as good as anywhere on the island and check out and boat pick up on departure all went without a hitch.

A month is a long time in a small resort but we were always made to feel welcome and in the end the time still felt short. The view from the room was good enough that some days we never left the balcony and there were special meals, BBQs etc over the Christmas & New Year period that made the experience special. Thanks very much to the staff and management who helped make it such a memorable trip.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WJohnston65
Reviewed 9 January 2014

If you've read the other reviews you'll get the picture, I'm just adding to the accolades. OOB is without doubt the premier hotel in Puerto Galera, quite some way above the rest. I wanted somewhere special for my wife as she'd had a tough few months at work, just needed to have everything to hand, no hassles, no complaints and a relaxing atmosphere. We got all that and more for five nights over New Year, and I had a very long face when I had to leave.

We stayed up by the top pool for two nights as villa 5 was the only one available then. Cheapest room in the house but actually I'd recommend it. Though the hotel was full we had the upper pool to ourselves, and stunning views over the bay. The room is more than comfortable with a little kitchen and a massive shower! We then moved to one of the suites with a spa bath, very spoilled we felt too. This looks over the main pool, you could almost dive into the pool from our balcony, though I'd not recommend this. But sitting having a sundowner on our terrace, looking at the beautiful blue pool, the palm trees and the waterfall into the baby pool was amazing. Sabang and the two La Laguna beaches can get a bit hectic with all the folks rushing around diving etc but as OOB is set back a bit and well protected you'd hardly know - hustle and bustle doesn't happen here.

The staff were exemplary from the first enquiry with the ever helpful and courteous Trish, to the reception, bar and housekeeping staff. Everyone smiled and asked if we needed anything, without being overbearing. It has a nice family run hotel type vibe, the whole staff seem to pull together.

They're on good terms with Action Divers too, where I did my diving, and it's just at the bottom of the steps, so I could sit by the pool, head downstairs and 15 minutes later be dropping onto the reef. As I didn't take enough cash I even got them to put the diving on my bill at OOB.

If you're a couple, or a family taking one of the bigger suites I can't recommend this place enough. A slice of relaxation heaven indeed. I'll be back.

Room Tip: The rooms up by the top pool are good, don't think because you're not near the main pool you...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rovingscot63
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We studied and studied and studied where to stay here in pg.... We wanted ocean views, a nice room and air conditioning.. Plus pools....

Our room is around 90sqm... Huge one bedroom with dining area, lounge room and living roo area which looks over a balcony... I have one pool literally out of my front door which few people use, because there is a new and large pool on ground level...

But here is the winner for me.... Solid brick walls... None of the typical noise issues and due to the configuration of the rooms and the plants ... You feel like you are in a house ... Which isn't surprising because it use to be a holiday house which has simply been expanded on and done to a level I would expect in noosa (Queensland Australia). So well done, we will be back and will be recommending out of the blue to anyone looking for a relaxing quality hotel with friendly staff and owners.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013

this is really a wonderfull resort boutique hotel with luxe villas never seen before in Mindoro
located on the beach of small Laguna steps away from the beach, its romantic here
no car no scooter only the sound of the sea and the bancas,
arrived so easy with privat transport from Manile just on the entry of of resort, easy checkin
and wow the villa rooms are a dream so clean and well equiped with a lot of towels and
rif and soap etc... SUPER
The veranda restaurant upstairs a small walk with easy steps verry easy the restaurant
offer a wide choise of food well cooked and perfect served by the staff
excellent wine choises and the vieuw is amazing from the veranda terras

Here i will come back asap

Room Tip: the rooftop appartments are the best a lot of space and light and so romantic
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank mindanaoSchilde
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I went to this hotel both in November and December taking different friends and family there for a diving trip. I am thoroughly pleased with the resort. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable, view gorgeous and service excellent. I took both times the private boat / car option which although a little pricey was definitely a very convenient option. Just beware that the car part actually takes 3-4hr, not the advertised 2-2.5 hr depending on traffic. Manila traffic is horrific. The return boat ride is a little too choppy for my 8mth old nephew.

Overall, I think the service is so excellent that I would recommend anyone going to PG, especially if you aren't on a tight budget. I even had my own room on both trips! My diving school stayed at lalaguna dive resort but I didn't want to stay in a dorm like setting - I am told most hard core divers do that. But if you are like me, you want to just pay a little more and get some quality sleep and be ready for your morning dive!

• Stayed: November 2013