Out of the Blue Resort
US$187
US$163
Agoda.com
Badladz Dive Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$47
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Badladz Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$74
Lalaguna Villas(Puerto Galera)
US$86
US$63
  • Pool
Oceana Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)
US$54
US$46
Orbitz.com
US$130
US$96
  • Breakfast included
Papa Fred's Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$29
  • Beachfront
Montani Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$17
US$67
US$56
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsaction diversbedroom villaveranda restaurantfree laundrylower poollaguna beachlaundry servicede stressliving areaprivate boatroom ratebatangas cityvery pleasant staybreakfast was includedsmall la lagunasmall lalagunascuba diving
Reviewed 12 June 2014

It has been a couple of years since we visited this great boutique hotel in Puerto Galera. I hadn't been planning to write a review but I was checking through Tripadvisor recently and saw a couple of unaccountably bad ones. (The Japanese person obviously has serious communication problems and probably has never been to the Philippines before.)

Anyway, when were there in December and it was better than ever - a sparkling new pool, new spa rooms next to it, service and food tops (as usual) and everything spic and span.

Other friends stayed there recently and had no problems whatsoever, OK, no hotel is perfect but the Aussies at Out of the Blue do a bloody good job! We'll be back.

Room Tip: The Spa Suites are the most convenient rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Merlyn011
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A peaceful place to De-stress. My friends and I stayed Out of the Blue Resort for 3 days this is the 3rd visit for my friends. it was a great stay,very good service.
OOTB staff took care of our luggage from sabang pier to the hotel, staff were wonderful,nice and very helpful from the time of check-in to check out the service has been friendly.
the room is well appointed, was so clean..We stayed in Villa 4 -fully air-conditioned. Room was on the top floor and had amazing view from own private balcony.
Restaurant food and service has been excellent. Breakfast each day was fantastic. I was very satisfied.
Best value of money" you get what you pay". quiet and nice ambiance.

Room Tip: villa 4 is good for 3 to 4 person huge room with own kitchen and balcony
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Alvin L
Reviewed 4 June 2014

1. Transportation

I've paid PH3300 which is US$75 for the transportation from Manila airport to the port, when I arrived at the airport the driver wasn't there and I had to wait 30min. I've called out of blue hotel and the mobile number that hotel gave me upon reservation, however no one pick up the phone. I understand that it was early morning at 4am, but I have checked with the hotel 3 times by email if they could arrange such a early morning pick up service, and they said yes.... But I guess it didn't workout.... I was just standing at the gate and the driver showed up 30min late and no apology was given.

I've paid another US$75 for drop off service from the port to Manila airport.
I was told that there is a Sky Way which will has no traffic and takes only one and half hour to Manila. I asked the driver to take the sky way and he said I have to pay extra. I've called the hotel and they said that I don't need to pay and the driver chose the long way which takes 2 and half hour and because of US$2 extra cost for toll fee.

Yes, I should have paid to the driver for only extra US$2 if I knew he was going to take the long way.

I felt I was cheated as the van they have arranged was 1980s Toyota high-ace. I believe paying US$75 could worth it better car or at least they could afford extra US$2 toll fee and make our ride shorter.

2. Early check-out

I supposed to stay 4 nights, however I have changed my plan on the 2nd day and told the receptionist I will stay 3nights only instead of 4 nights.

I asked the receptionist to arrange my room to be cleaned and pick up the laundry....etc... And I've also asked that I want to check out one day early than actual reservation. The response was"Yes mam'm"

And the day I was checking out, they said it was never told and the lady manager came up and asked which receptionist I've spoken to...

I can't remember each time which receptionist I have spoken to... I've been to many times to the reception which is also connected to the restaurant for the breakfast.... It is difficult for the guest to remember who they have asked for each favor..... At least there are 5 girls including reception and restaurant which they are going around both area.

And the lady manager said that our staff is good enough that they wouldn't forget if I have told I want early checkout...... But I've told them.... And lady manager would not believe me.....

I needed one information which is easy to find out, call and ask that's it and it was the day I have checked in and receptionist said tomorrow, and next day, they said tomorrow and finally I got the information the day I was checking out....

And your staff is good enough? I had to go every morning and evening to check with them if they got my information... And they didn't until I get upset on the day of checking out.

As per receptionist, the early check out was never told and they asked me to pay 50% of cancellation charges. I've decided to change my plan on the 2nd day and they never told me about this. I just thought it would be nice if I could stay in Manila for a night, which wasn't so important and I would not change my plan if I had to pay 50% of cancellation fee which is US$80. I've paid my hotel in Manila already and the hotel told me that I had to pay for the cancellation fee upon my check out.... And the manager would not believe that I have told to the receptionist.....

I am in the hotel business as well, I do believe my guests. It was quiet disappointment that she treated me as I have lied about this.

Paying US$160 per night for the room, its totally does not worth it.

Location was not great, to access Sabang (all the restaurants and bars area) was far and only able to go by walking which takes 15min.

The internet was slow and connection was bad, I could not use WIFI last 2days of my stay.

And the hotel manager treat me like a lier.....

I will definitely not going back to this hotel, there are a lot of choices in PG with better service and location.

Pros: Benefit of free 1kg laundry per day was nice

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank hjpmn
OOTB-Di, Manager at Out of the Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

The team at Out of the Blue are disappointed to hear the extent of displeasure throughout your stay. It is important to us being a small resort that we provide a high level of service to our guests before, during and after they leave.

When you elect for us to organise private transporation there is no out of pocket expenses including road tolls of any type. It is one fee of P3,300 for a private car and boat from your pick up location to the resort. The issues that were outlined in the review have been communicated to our supplier and they have been reminded of our service standard including quality of car, driver and service to be provided throughout the guests trip.

We understand that travel plans can change and amendements need to be made to bookings. As outlined on our FAQ we have a cancellation policy pending when the cancellation is made and the corresponding cancellation fee. We believe the fee of 50% of the room rental is fair considering this change was advised after the guest had checked in. This was outlined to the guest and a reason explaining the fee.

It is disappointing that our recent review highlights unfavourable experiences in light of all the other positive reviews we receive, which is why our reviewers have voted us 4th Best Small Hotel in the Philippines, Number 1 in Puerto Galera, plus the recipient of Awards for Excellence from Trip Advisor for the last 3 years.

Kind regards

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I chose this hotel because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. However the reality bears absolutely no resemblance to the reality!
I notice they are called luxuary Villa's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luxuary they certainly are not, basic and functional is a better word. Certainly in the villa we had, everything is a bit scruffy and looks worse for wear and not all that clean. The bathrooms smelt and were not nice althought the shower was powerful and there was hot water. The two swimming pools are very small, the second one is just a plunge pool, you could not swim in it as it is so tiny.
The beach does not exist, it is a grotty strip of sand and rocks in front of the hotel which you would never in your wildest dreams have any desire to walk or sit on and absolutely never would you want to swim there. The larger beach in the next cove is just as horrible.
The hotel next door is having work done on it which I believe has been going on for a year now. The noise from the men working along with the music they have blarring out is vey annoying.
On a plus side the food was very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank karencroshaw
John B, Owner at Out of the Blue Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

I am are sorry to learn that Out of the Blue (OOTB) and Puerto Galera did not meet your expectations.

OOTB is a small hotel / resort with only 8 villas with 12 bedrooms and does compete with the large 5 star international style beach side resorts. Our focus is personalized service - unique, spacious and very comfortable accommodation - and good food and wine - all at a reasonable cost. And most of our guests appreciate this focus, having voted OOTB 4th Best Small Hotel in the Philippines, Number 1 in Puerto Galera, plus the recipient of Awards for Excellence from Trip Advisor for the last 3 years.

Also, Puerto Galera does not compete with world famous beaches such as in Boracay or Palawan. Puerto Galera is first and foremost a diving location with some of the very best diving in the world, which is a constant delight to our guests. However, there are many lovely beaches nearby, which are ideal for "outings", snorkeling and picnics which we are always happy to organize for our guests.

I am also sorry you decided to stay only one night and not let us know the full extent of your disappointment with OOTB and Puerto Galera. We would have welcomed the challenge to change your mind, especially about Puerta Galera.

But thank you for your comments, which we have taken on board. We will also review our website, etc to make sure other guests do not form unrealistic impressions about OOTB.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went in March with my girlfriend and selected the hotel because of the good reviews.
Yes it is the best hotel in Sabang.

Very friendly and helpful, they pick you up at the pier and carry your suitcases alongside the beach it is less then 10 minutes by foot and you get a good idea about the restaurants and shops alongside the beach.
Check in was quick and easy and our room was waiting for us,
Whenever we had anything to sort out the reception staff helped us quick, efficient and friendly.

Room
We had a jaccuzy room with a great view of the sea (they are building next door at the hotel but it is not nosy and didnt disturb at any time).
The room is large with a massive king bed and a wonderful walk inn shower.
The Jaccuzy is working well and we used it everyday.
Room service for drinks is quick and hassle free.

Restaurant
The restaurant is amazing and most of the food is very delicious, some of the Filipino dishes have a modern twist (which doesnt work for all of them).
We loved the Australian Wagyu Steak which was melting like butter in your mouth and compared to European standards cheap. Defenatly something you have to order even if its their most expensive dish.
Breakfast dishes are ok, could offer a bit more variety but what they do is all very good quality.
We ate most of the time in their restaurant as its also one of the best in Sabang.

Location
Is very good as its at the more quiet part of Sabang but you are still within 5-10 minutes walking distance of everything.

If we will be again in Sabang we will book Out of the Blue.

Room Tip: Take one of the Jaccuzy rooms, they have a great view seaview.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple