“Good, affordable food, clean rooms”

Sabang Inn Beach & Dive Resort
Cebu City, Philippines
“Good, affordable food, clean rooms”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

It was a pleasant stay in Sabang Inn. The staffs are friendly. The food is good and cheapest along the strip. My friends and I decided to go around the strip and behind the strip looking for "cheap" food but what we discovered was Sabang Inn actually has the cheapest food in the area and the food actually tasted good, so for the succeeding days, we decided to take our dinners in the resort. As for the dives, they are a bit expensive but again, compared to the other resorts, dives in Sabang Inn is relatively cheap. Stay here is ok, I don't mind coming back to this place.
They have free wifi. Only downside is room is warm.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TAGT2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I love the staff and location. Both the new management and staff were extra friendly. My excellent instructor was patient. He helped me ever step of the way. By the end my course , I was completely comfortable underwater with the safety skills he taught. It is under new ownership, and they are making the place better each day. The owner of the Steakhouse is running the kitchen. The food always satisfied the stomach after a day of diving. Sabang Inn Resort made my stay and open waters certificate enjoyable. Thanks~Troy

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Lestat201
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I stayed at Sabang Inn for 4 nights for a diving holiday. I didn't actually dive with them, just stayed in their hotel. I found the staff to be friendly & laid-back, but attentive. The room was huge, clean, airy & very comfortable. I had great views over the bay from both my windows & veranda, which caught the afternoon seabreeze as I watched the sunset. It's tucked far enough away from the centre of town, but close enough to walk (5 min). I had a fridge to keep my drinks cold & cable TV to chill-out in front of. Overall, They have a nice pool, too, I had a faqntastic, relaxing stay at sabang Inn & would go back tomorrow if I could. Two thumbs up from me.

Room Tip: Aswk for one of the rooms up thwe back on the hill. Really quiet & nice seabreezes.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Steve S
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband and I just spent five nights in Sabang Inn and did 8 dives here. We spent 3 nights here in Jan 2011. Our suites was clean, comfortable and with hot shower. The only complaint from me was that the hot shower was not as good as the room I had last year (the room next door which was taken by another guest).

Daniel, the owner of the resort was helpful and provided discounted price to us because we are returning customers. He helped us to arrange airport pickup, unfortunately the driver was late to pick us up (we spent 30 mins to look for him, the driver couldn't speak English and didn't pick us at the correct pick up zone). Daniel said the driver would purchase the ferry tickets for us but the driver 'outsourced' this task to his friend and his friend cheated us by not changing the correct amount of money (he took an extra of 120 peso and he even asked for a tip!!) I was quite upset about this because I was cheated. I should have purchased the ferry tickets myself. I complained to Daniel about this and he came to apologize personally. He said he talked to the driver and his driver warned his friend. Daniel said his driver can get back the money for me and asked if I need a return driver. Clearly I have lost faith in this driver and would not trust him anymore.

I like Julio, one of the dive masters in Sabang Inn. He is very good at spotting things undersea. We saw many sea creatives including numerous nudibranches, stone fishes, lion fishes, garden eel and moray eel etc. We also saw Pygmy seahorse last year. I hope to join his dives but it's not up to us to choose. The dive shop manager arranges the dive masters for us, probably based on different skill levels of divers.

I enjoyed the dives that I had last year because of better weather condition and the fact that fewer people dived in this shop same time last year.

Room Tip: Airport transportation at 3200 peso + 610 peso (310 peso per person) for ferry for couples.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JiuJiuAmani
Geneva
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Just returned back to Europe after a 4 days stay in Sabang.
We arrived in Sabang (three of us) without any reservations, and just wandered down the beach to find a place to stay. The Sabang inn had three adjacent rooms available, for a very reasonable rate.
Two of us were PADI divers, one needing a refresher, and one who had never dived before.
The first day we all took a shore dive, and were blown away by the quality of marine life, and coral, just off the beach. Very unexpected.
The staff is very friendly, and enjoy a shared drink with guests at the end of the day, before hitting the nightlife of the town.

Total bill for myself at the end of the stay (4 days, 2 dives) was 175 USD !!!

Rooms were just fine for what we needed. Clean, and with a very solid safe in which to keep valuables.

Definitely somewhere which I would recommend to like-minded travelers.

Room Tip: Not sure, we took the three rooms on the ground floor, didn't see the others.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank AnthonyRC
Kent
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I stayed three times over the past year or so. The selling points are the low price of large rooms and sea view location. It is easy to find from the beach, boat and town. Staff are friendly and share everything.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Nick M
South Korea
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Although I have stayed in the particular hotel once, I've stayed in four other places in Sabang and this one tops my list. The prices are very reasonable for Sabang considering the quality of the rooms and the views of the beach. The manager is usually willing to make great package deals that can accommodate even the most picky traveler's needs. The staff are very friendly and responsive, they know when to respect your privacy or to join with you for a chat. The rooms came with all of the amenities that were needed to make my stay comfortable and they were decorated with a personal charm. The rooms were always well cleaned and promptly done so. They waited until someone noticed I left the room, instead of knocking on the door and waking me up. I find this to be a personal touch that many other places don't seem to understand. The associated dive shop was a great place if you wanted to have a few fun dives, or even if you wanted to learn. They were very flexible to my diving needs. Also the free brewed coffee they offered to divers staying at the hotel was often a lifesaver at times.

Room Tip: The suites are worth paying a little extra for if they are available, if anything just for their sup...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends