“There's only one place in Sabang.”

Sabang Inn Beach & Dive Resort
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I feel very lucky to have chosen the Sabang inn beach and dive resort for my recent trip to Puerta Galera, I feel I owe the whole of my trip the the employees and the resort.

The whole staff; the hotel, restaurant and the dive shop- are all extremely professional, accommodating and friendly. They have a genuine interest in your well-being and personal needs and they all go beyond the call of duty to make you feel welcome and comfortable.

The diving aspect of the resort is a well-organised operation, the dive masters, teachers and the boat hands go out of their way to make sure that you have the best possible diving experience. While I was there I completed my advanced course and my nitrox certification and I through the careful tutelage of their instructors I have come away feeling like an accomplished and confident diver.

The rooms are large, modern, well-maintained and secure. Rooms were cleaned daily and if the staff found you in the room during the normally cleaning time they would always politely ask you if they should come back a little later.

The food in the restaurant was decent and offered a wide range of Western and local dishes at very reasonable prices.

Talking to many of the other patrons in the resort I can see why they keep returning to the Sabang inn year after year. I wouldn't risk the possibility of a lesser experience by choosing anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul J

Reviewed 16 September 2013

You can be sure you will be well take care of here in sabang inn.I book 2 weeks here and very much enjoy my stay.The staffs are great very accommodating and they will take care of you like a family member.You will find western style furniture amenities that you feel just like home and best part is the price is excellent!I will definitely come back to Sabang inn on my next visit.For those looking for big comfortable big rooms friendly staffs that will take care of you like VIP without the VIP price.This is the place.

Room Tip: If you want a good view and nice big room quiet location.I recommended the apartments upstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ben T
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed at the Sabang Inn Beach for 6 nights earlier this month and loved every minute of it. When we were there, they were renovating the rooms around the pool, so we got the room "in the back", up the stairs. Usually when someone says the room "in the back", you are going to be stuck in a cave. When we walked in, it was far from the cave. It consisted of a kitchen, private bath, living area, bed area, and a balcony with a spectacular view that looks out over the bay.
The staff was sincere and friendly. If you needed something they would be there waiting to help with a smile. If you wanted cleaning every day or every other day they could accommodate your request.They have great food for lunch at a very reasonable price. I was very impressed with the pasta dish.
This place is might not be for those wanting to stay at the Ritz Carlton, but it is for the person who wants a place that is worth every penny and some.
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt522
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed here for a month before travelling to Greece. Daniel (Manager) was the most affable and helpful person. We are the type of travellers with no expectations therefore no disappointments. Our self-contained studio was serviced daily by the happiest females who also taught me how to cook boiled rice Malaysian way. Renovations commenced during the last week of our stay and it was entertaining to watch the workers and their demolition from our balcony. If you are seeking low cost accommodation within easy walking distance of market, restaurants etc then this is the place that I would highly recommend. Would definitely return just to see Daniel and his staff again. We were very grateful for the efficient air-conditioner as it was very hot and humid during our stay...!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the swimming pool as there are a lot of steps up to the other rooms at the ba...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank AvidTravellers56
Reviewed 5 May 2013

It was a pleasant stay in Sabang Inn. The staffs are friendly. The food is good and cheapest along the strip. My friends and I decided to go around the strip and behind the strip looking for "cheap" food but what we discovered was Sabang Inn actually has the cheapest food in the area and the food actually tasted good, so for the succeeding days, we decided to take our dinners in the resort. As for the dives, they are a bit expensive but again, compared to the other resorts, dives in Sabang Inn is relatively cheap. Stay here is ok, I don't mind coming back to this place.
They have free wifi. Only downside is room is warm.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TAGT2010
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I love the staff and location. Both the new management and staff were extra friendly. My excellent instructor was patient. He helped me ever step of the way. By the end my course , I was completely comfortable underwater with the safety skills he taught. It is under new ownership, and they are making the place better each day. The owner of the Steakhouse is running the kitchen. The food always satisfied the stomach after a day of diving. Sabang Inn Resort made my stay and open waters certificate enjoyable. Thanks~Troy

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Lestat201
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I stayed at Sabang Inn for 4 nights for a diving holiday. I didn't actually dive with them, just stayed in their hotel. I found the staff to be friendly & laid-back, but attentive. The room was huge, clean, airy & very comfortable. I had great views over the bay from both my windows & veranda, which caught the afternoon seabreeze as I watched the sunset. It's tucked far enough away from the centre of town, but close enough to walk (5 min). I had a fridge to keep my drinks cold & cable TV to chill-out in front of. Overall, They have a nice pool, too, I had a faqntastic, relaxing stay at sabang Inn & would go back tomorrow if I could. Two thumbs up from me.

Room Tip: Aswk for one of the rooms up thwe back on the hill. Really quiet & nice seabreezes.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo