Mermaid Resort(Puerto Galera)
US$59
US$54
  • Pool
Badladz Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$33
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$38/night.

Amami Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$22
US$19
US$57
US$54
  • Pool
Scandi Divers(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$42
  • Beachfront
Papa Fred's Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$132
US$56
  • Free Breakfast
  • Pool
Steps Garden Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$47
Hotels.com
All reviewsdive resortnight lifefrontierinternetjeffsabangdivesphilippines
Reviewed 19 May 2013

3 things:
1) Room Phone unit isn't working. It means simple request like asking for a menu (since they don't have any menu inside your room) you have to go to their reception area. Just imagine if you are staying in 3rd floor and you need a help with your aircon.
2) Lousy and poor customer service. My wife had a stomachache and since their phone is not working , I had to go down simply to ask for a hot compress. The receptionist just told me they don't have any. I asked if they can provide a hot towel. He said they don't have one. Finally I asked if they can just give me a glass of hot water, he said they have and pointed me to their kitchen area, so I can request it. Talk about customer service and this hotel doesn't have any idea about it. No extra effort or initiative to help you.
3) No internet services. They told me their wifi coverage is only in the common area/ restaurant , but not inside the room. But then, when you go to their common area, there still was no wifi. Again, they said their internet had a problem. So, if you are someone who can't live without internet connection, make sure to ask first if their internet is working before you reserve.
The complimentary breakfast is good, and there are many choices. It is their only saving grace.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Ikyan98
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a quick getaway from Manila for a few days. Got off the boat and picked the closest decent looking hotel. The room was basic you might want to take your own pillow. And the shower was very simple with no pressure so not easy for hair washing.
Location was good. You can go out diving or snorkelling straight from the hotel.
Located in Sabang this town seems very popular for older men.
Took a tricycle ride to town Puerto Galera which was fun.
Food at the restaurant was better than any where else we tried in town, they even had blueberry pancakes. Vegetarian food is very limited.
Also the power went out each night for a short time which was a little scary.

Room Tip: Chose a room on top floors with ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank PamelaFSydney
Reviewed 28 April 2013

the hotel is very good...very accommodating staff..you can haggle the price of the boat ride...great view. wish i got the 43A room but i have the 42A...still have a great view of the sea....glad they got us our boat ticket back to Batangas...thank you guys....

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ruth0425
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I loved the friendliness of all the staff from front desk to housekeeping to the restaurant. The rooms are very clean and well kept up with hot showers and cool airconditioning. It was right on the beach, close to my dive shop (I didn't use angelyns as my dive resort, so cannot comment on their dive facilities), and centrally located to stores, restaurants and attractions at sabang beach. The only thing preventing me from giving this resort 5 stars was my specific room - Room 3A. while the room itself was good, the windows for the room were adjacent to the main walking path. gpoing east-west and the intersection of a walking path heading south. Because of this, there was no view and I didn't feel comfortable having my curtains open anyway, and secondly, people would loudly talk, laugh, shout, etc. at all hours of the day and night. I would go to Angelyn's again, But I would specifically ask for another room choice.

Room Tip: Don't accept rooms adjacent to, or overlooking the walking path
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Casey A
Reviewed 19 January 2013

ok here is the tip about this hotel, if you get ocean veiw room - then you can say your stay at this hotel was a success, all other rooms suck.. its smelly, dirty and very very 1 star!

TIP : The Best Room of the hotel is 43A! + all the other rooms with a VIEW! DO not go for City view rooms - they are horrible!

now another suprise of the hotel : for breakfast if you ask for fresh juice - they dont have one..
they serve you with Fanta :) and this is where entire island is covered with mango trees ( no mango juice is available)

Omlets are tasty, this is good news and service at restaurant and reception is good too

Room Tip: Good room is 43A!! and all the rest with Sea View! DO not go for city view rooms - they stink! Basically all the rooms stink, but sea view rooms stink less!|
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple