Mermaid Resort(Puerto Galera)
US$59
  • Pool
Amami Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$22
Scandi Divers(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$41
  • Beachfront
Badladz Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$33
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$38/night.

US$131
US$59
  • Breakfast included
US$78
US$76
  • Pool
Steps Garden Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$47
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Papa Fred's Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$183
US$178
All reviewsdive resortnight lifefrontierinternetjeffsabangdivesphilippines
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I stayed at Angelyn's for 11 nights during June 2013. I picked a bungalow room after looking at the photos on the website. I was disappointed.
The photos on the website show a clean, spacious room that can fit 2 large beds, the room I had definitely wasn't that. Overall, my room looks very tired.... old, broken furniture... stains on the bare wall, half-broken toilet, filthy bathroom.... The TV is half the size of my laptop computer screen. Worst of all, the room is located far away from the main building and main road, and the path that leads to the room is unlit and full of dirt. The room is not a "bungalow" at all. It is just one of the rooms in a 2-storey building that looks like the dormitory for the employees. The building is located in the middle of a local "neighborhood", i.e. I lived next to the locals and paid more than 20 times what they pay for theirs. Front desk staffs are not friendly at all, never seen those guys smile to the customers.... Food in the restaurant is OK but you have to constantly protect your food and drinks from the non-stop harassment from the flies. It sickens me to think about how many of them had landed on my plate of food before it was delivered to my table. I ended up eating all my meals (except the free breakfast) in other nearby restaurants.
Pricier rooms in the main building maybe nicer but all-in-all, I will NOT stay at Angelyn's again and will NOT recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank actm841
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I have stayed at Angelyns 5 times and its always been good. Now the building is finished its even better with a beautiful infinity pool. The included breakfast is excellent as is their new restaurant. I tried to get a room with a kitchen on longer trips. The staff (especially Rose, and Jeff) are excellent and well trained and helpful.
For longer stays an apartment is more economical, but for a few days or a week or two I would recommend Angelyns. Also it's right next door to Frontier Scuba which are the (IMO) the best Technical Dive shop in Puerto Galera.

Room Tip: The new wing has water views
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Adderx
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Second time to be here. Stayed for 8 nights for dive course. A new swimming pool is open to guest now. Location is quite good and very near to dive shops. Foods and room are average. It's comfortable and easy access all activities in Sabang beach.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank laoyangtou
Reviewed 19 May 2013

3 things:
1) Room Phone unit isn't working. It means simple request like asking for a menu (since they don't have any menu inside your room) you have to go to their reception area. Just imagine if you are staying in 3rd floor and you need a help with your aircon.
2) Lousy and poor customer service. My wife had a stomachache and since their phone is not working , I had to go down simply to ask for a hot compress. The receptionist just told me they don't have any. I asked if they can provide a hot towel. He said they don't have one. Finally I asked if they can just give me a glass of hot water, he said they have and pointed me to their kitchen area, so I can request it. Talk about customer service and this hotel doesn't have any idea about it. No extra effort or initiative to help you.
3) No internet services. They told me their wifi coverage is only in the common area/ restaurant , but not inside the room. But then, when you go to their common area, there still was no wifi. Again, they said their internet had a problem. So, if you are someone who can't live without internet connection, make sure to ask first if their internet is working before you reserve.
The complimentary breakfast is good, and there are many choices. It is their only saving grace.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Ikyan98
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a quick getaway from Manila for a few days. Got off the boat and picked the closest decent looking hotel. The room was basic you might want to take your own pillow. And the shower was very simple with no pressure so not easy for hair washing.
Location was good. You can go out diving or snorkelling straight from the hotel.
Located in Sabang this town seems very popular for older men.
Took a tricycle ride to town Puerto Galera which was fun.
Food at the restaurant was better than any where else we tried in town, they even had blueberry pancakes. Vegetarian food is very limited.
Also the power went out each night for a short time which was a little scary.

Room Tip: Chose a room on top floors with ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends