“French cuisine in Muelle Pier, Puerto Galera”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Bistro

Le Bistro
Ranked #15 of 72 Restaurants in Puerto Galera
Cuisines: Philippine, European, French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dublin
“French cuisine in Muelle Pier, Puerto Galera”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great food, a group of five of us ate there on 2 occassions and each time it was very good. Very friendly staff. They had French Onion soup on the menu but I was apprehensive about ordering as we had an awful (2) French Onion soups a few days earlier at Big Apple in Sabang. We had left them both after tasting just a spoonful full but we were still charged for them. The waitress in Le Bistro said that if we didn't like it we would not be charged. The soup was great as was the salad Nicoise which tasted very similiar to the many that I have enjoyed in the south of France.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank CarlingDublin

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Classy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great location, excellent service, great food; steaks were perfect and the fish dishes well thought out with a real Mediterranean feel.
Wine list was severely limited.
It was more expensive than other establishment, but the cost reflected the quality and service.
We returned a number of times.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank ExSandPit
“Came for desert and enjoyed it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We ordered the Halo-Halo, and we really liked it. The service was great, and we ended up talking to a fun expat couple who lives in the area. Overall, worth a stop.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Don S
Puerto Galera, Philippines
“A Delicious Break from Phil style Food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

After seven months in the Philippines, my taste buds were begging for a change of pace from the usual restaurant fare here. One of my hobbies is cooking French and Italian style foods. On Valentines day I took my girlfriend to the Bistro for dinner. With its white tablecloths, romantic atmosphere, and some French inspired selections on its menu I had to give it a try. My taste buds thanked me, as did my girlfriend for the dining experience. Their tomato based fish soup had an intense rich flavor to it. I have eaten in some of the finest French restaurants New York city has to offer, have been to France, and have eaten my fare share of Portuguese fish soups. I would rate this soup as amongst the best I have ever tasted. Its not a chowder, its a soup. I then had the dorado ( mahi mahi aka dolphin) kinilaw or kilawin ( similar to ceviche). It was delicious in a French inspired citrus based sauce. I had never had dorado in a kinilaw before.

Prior to coming here I had spent 3 months in Davao where seafood is cheap and plentiful, and I made a point of having malasugue (blue marlin) or barilas (tuna) kinilaw at least three times a week. I had been somewhat disappointed with the lack of variety of fish on most restaurants menus in Puerto Galera.

Before dining at the Bistro, I had only seen and tasted tanigue (Wahoo) kinilaw in Puerto Galera,
which was good but not great. I have since returned twice to the Bistro, and will be going back again soon. This is one of the best dining experiences I have had in the Philippines.

MERCI

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Robert J
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good enough food :)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

We ate here while waiting for the ferry back to Batangas. The food was tasty and pretty good for the price. Comfortable and friendly.

Visited December 2013