“Great place!”

Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Guangzhou, China
“Great place!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Hi Everybody! Im Anna, from Russia. It's my second time here in 3 months period.The atmosphere is very warm, people and staff are very polite and helpful, diving instructors are professional and friendly, especially Conan Fagan, Robert and Ray. Can recommend Scandi and Campbell's resorts because it caters for all types of travelers:backpackers, families, and diving groups. There are cheap and expensive rooms, so everybody can find rooms to suit their budget. The bay is quet and clean, just 10 min walk to sabang town. I travel by myself and found this place very safe and comfortable.. I started my diving experience here and fall in love with all this beautiful aquatic life. Diving spots are very close and varies from deep, shallow, wrecks, caves.. And what was also important - its quite close to manila, and it was easy to get there.It's really great place, I will recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Scandi Divers is remarkable and the best place to learn all about diving. The dive shop is organized and the Team of instructors were all professional. Conan is one of my favorite diving instructors. He made our open dive experiences really amazing and unforgettable. The dive instructors are all very enthusiastic about diving, the sea life and yes very accommodating and loads of fun too. I wish I had spent a few more days with Scandi but will surely come back for more.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ada d
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is my second time at Scandi Divers!!!! The Staff, room, food and diving was wonderful. My stay was for 2 weeks and I hated going back home! I felt like family and any request I made was promptly achieved! Walter, my dive guide, could find even the smallest critter! Katherine and her staff makes sure everything runs smoothly! You will LOVE this home away from home resort! Just booked my next trip for Oct. 2014!

Room Tip: Try the one bedroom ocean front room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Diverjillj
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

A big thank you to Conan my dive instructor for a fantastic open water course.(£250),it took me five days,it can be done quicker but the five days suited me fine.I just wished I had got into diving years ago.The dive centre is well equipped and very busy with every walk of life diving there.They also have a dive pool.I stayed next door at Swengland Resort so can't relly comment on the hotel.I did eat there many times,the food is basic and reasonably priced.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jim-on-the-run
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Scandi Divers is a quaint resort with an up to date dive center on a quiet bay just a thirty minute boat ride from over 40 dive sites.
The rooms are simple, but clean and airy. The open air restaurant is relaxing with friendly service and good food + Starbuck's Coffee.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are the best.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank TomWardShanghai
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I loved my stay at Scandi divers! I learned how to dive, drank fresh starbucks every morning, and enjoyed the great food every night! David, the owner, is a great man! Can't waitt o go back! -Jess USA

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jessicaRFS001
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 January 2014

i was sleepless in Angelyn's Resort in Sabang for two days for it was close to the bars spot where party animals yelling at midnight. I was obliged to look for a nice place to sleep. Then i got Scandi. I have to admit the standard room here without seaside is smaller than the Angelyn's , but pretty clean when i moved inside i obviously smell the anti-bug spray or something like air refreshing spray. Since then, i can rest totally well even skip the waves of sea, for the resort lie in a very quiet beach.

The dive shop was just connected with the dinner and footsteps from the rooms, it is so convinienct to do diving eating preparing to do diving. I also skip the noon rest because of Starbuck coffee served here.

$27 per dive with my own equipment is just appropriate in Puerto Galera. Amon, the dive assistant help me handle the gear all the time without asking me for tips i was very willing to render. That was unusal practise in Thailand or Malaysia where the staff only do that on high paid tips.

Room Tip: Do not open the A/C and enjoy the fresh air at cool climate here because the A/C all over the philip...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo