“Great diving!”
Review of Scandi Divers

Scandi Divers
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed 29 May 2014

For our 2nd trip to Puerto Galera, we chose to stay at Scandu Divers in order to be on the Big La Laguna.
We were a group of 9 and had organized everything per email, pick up service, rooms, dives, etc. We had a bit of a hick up with the pick up at the airport.. our group was devided in 2 coming from different planes, but neither one of the groups had anyone waiting with signage at the airport, so it was a good thing we had the club's phone number handy and could make a call... I must say that this was unpleasant and should not happen when airport pick up has been booked.
Upon arrival, we got free welcome drinks and a warm welcome. The restaurant is located spot on the beach with a nice view, and there is also a nice terrasse with wonderful view.
The rooms we had were the basic room type, so looking into an indoor court with a small swimming pool. However, they were spacious enough and well equippe. Some of the guys upgraded to the huge 3 bedroom suite with balcony etc and that one was clearly MUCH nicer than ours, but also pricier.
Food was good, it was nice to have breakfast included in the room rates, and the menu had a nice selection of western and filippino food. One evening, we bought fresh crabs from a local fisherman, and the staff cooked it and served it for us wonderdully. This was great and much appreciated.
The dives were absolutly stunning, and amongst the best in the Philippines (trip to Verde Island) and the divemaster and team very friendly and helpfull.

Overall, we are very happy with our stay, the beach at Big La Laguna is nice then the one on small La Laguna, and it is less crowded.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank renslo1

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Hi Everybody! Im Anna, from Russia. It's my second time here in 3 months period.The atmosphere is very warm, people and staff are very polite and helpful, diving instructors are professional and friendly, especially Conan Fagan, Robert and Ray. Can recommend Scandi and Campbell's resorts because it caters for all types of travelers:backpackers, families, and diving groups. There are cheap and expensive rooms, so everybody can find rooms to suit their budget. The bay is quet and clean, just 10 min walk to sabang town. I travel by myself and found this place very safe and comfortable.. I started my diving experience here and fall in love with all this beautiful aquatic life. Diving spots are very close and varies from deep, shallow, wrecks, caves.. And what was also important - its quite close to manila, and it was easy to get there.It's really great place, I will recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Scandi Divers is remarkable and the best place to learn all about diving. The dive shop is organized and the Team of instructors were all professional. Conan is one of my favorite diving instructors. He made our open dive experiences really amazing and unforgettable. The dive instructors are all very enthusiastic about diving, the sea life and yes very accommodating and loads of fun too. I wish I had spent a few more days with Scandi but will surely come back for more.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ada d
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is my second time at Scandi Divers!!!! The Staff, room, food and diving was wonderful. My stay was for 2 weeks and I hated going back home! I felt like family and any request I made was promptly achieved! Walter, my dive guide, could find even the smallest critter! Katherine and her staff makes sure everything runs smoothly! You will LOVE this home away from home resort! Just booked my next trip for Oct. 2014!

Room Tip: Try the one bedroom ocean front room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Diverjillj
Reviewed 27 February 2014

A big thank you to Conan my dive instructor for a fantastic open water course.(£250),it took me five days,it can be done quicker but the five days suited me fine.I just wished I had got into diving years ago.The dive centre is well equipped and very busy with every walk of life diving there.They also have a dive pool.I stayed next door at Swengland Resort so can't relly comment on the hotel.I did eat there many times,the food is basic and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jim-on-the-run
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Scandi Divers is a quaint resort with an up to date dive center on a quiet bay just a thirty minute boat ride from over 40 dive sites.
The rooms are simple, but clean and airy. The open air restaurant is relaxing with friendly service and good food + Starbuck's Coffee.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank TomWardShanghai
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I loved my stay at Scandi divers! I learned how to dive, drank fresh starbucks every morning, and enjoyed the great food every night! David, the owner, is a great man! Can't waitt o go back! -Jess USA

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends