“Back again” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Glasgow
“Back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I did 13 dives with Scandi in May 2013, I didn't do all the dives I wanted so I returned this May to try a few more.

From the moment I walked into the hotel it was as if I had never been away, genuine friendliness and all matters relating to diver were treated in a professional manner.

I dived with Walter and Robin this year and their level of knowledge of the dive sites was breath taking.

If I asked to see a particular fish / marine creature, they would suggest the most promising dive site and I always got the creature I was looking for.

Puerto Galera has over 40 dive sites which would cover most divers tastes, so if you have decided to dive in Mindoro I can strongly recommend you try diving with Scandi, a friendly, knowledgeable and professional dive centre.

Room Tip: Tell the guide what you want and they will do their utmost to meet your request
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Jim S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

First solo dive trip to Puerto Galera (on recommendations from mates) and have previously done Bali, Coron, Sipadan etc. Absolutely gorgeous coral, probably the best unbroken unspoilt coral in the region in Verde Islands. The diving standard here is excellent, Conan is a very responsible, sociable (if understandly grumpy (for a very very short while) after a big night out) and attentive dive instructor. He is responsive to requests and feedback, very familiar with the sites and excellent with safety. A fantastic trip all round, would recommend it to solo travellers (dive shop very friendly and top service, safety not an issue here) and/or groups. Much preferable to commercialised dive factories, Scandi Divers definitely provides a much more personalised service, would happily come back at ad different time! Rooms are clean and serviceable, location perfect away from the girly bars and craziness of Sabang but a stone's throw should you feel so inclined. Dive spots are 2 mins away apart from Verde Island.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank vvt21
freiburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

For our 2nd trip to Puerto Galera, we chose to stay at Scandu Divers in order to be on the Big La Laguna.
We were a group of 9 and had organized everything per email, pick up service, rooms, dives, etc. We had a bit of a hick up with the pick up at the airport.. our group was devided in 2 coming from different planes, but neither one of the groups had anyone waiting with signage at the airport, so it was a good thing we had the club's phone number handy and could make a call... I must say that this was unpleasant and should not happen when airport pick up has been booked.
Upon arrival, we got free welcome drinks and a warm welcome. The restaurant is located spot on the beach with a nice view, and there is also a nice terrasse with wonderful view.
The rooms we had were the basic room type, so looking into an indoor court with a small swimming pool. However, they were spacious enough and well equippe. Some of the guys upgraded to the huge 3 bedroom suite with balcony etc and that one was clearly MUCH nicer than ours, but also pricier.
Food was good, it was nice to have breakfast included in the room rates, and the menu had a nice selection of western and filippino food. One evening, we bought fresh crabs from a local fisherman, and the staff cooked it and served it for us wonderdully. This was great and much appreciated.
The dives were absolutly stunning, and amongst the best in the Philippines (trip to Verde Island) and the divemaster and team very friendly and helpfull.

Overall, we are very happy with our stay, the beach at Big La Laguna is nice then the one on small La Laguna, and it is less crowded.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank renslo1
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Hi Everybody! Im Anna, from Russia. It's my second time here in 3 months period.The atmosphere is very warm, people and staff are very polite and helpful, diving instructors are professional and friendly, especially Conan Fagan, Robert and Ray. Can recommend Scandi and Campbell's resorts because it caters for all types of travelers:backpackers, families, and diving groups. There are cheap and expensive rooms, so everybody can find rooms to suit their budget. The bay is quet and clean, just 10 min walk to sabang town. I travel by myself and found this place very safe and comfortable.. I started my diving experience here and fall in love with all this beautiful aquatic life. Diving spots are very close and varies from deep, shallow, wrecks, caves.. And what was also important - its quite close to manila, and it was easy to get there.It's really great place, I will recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed May 2014
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Scandi Divers is remarkable and the best place to learn all about diving. The dive shop is organized and the Team of instructors were all professional. Conan is one of my favorite diving instructors. He made our open dive experiences really amazing and unforgettable. The dive instructors are all very enthusiastic about diving, the sea life and yes very accommodating and loads of fun too. I wish I had spent a few more days with Scandi but will surely come back for more.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ada d
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is my second time at Scandi Divers!!!! The Staff, room, food and diving was wonderful. My stay was for 2 weeks and I hated going back home! I felt like family and any request I made was promptly achieved! Walter, my dive guide, could find even the smallest critter! Katherine and her staff makes sure everything runs smoothly! You will LOVE this home away from home resort! Just booked my next trip for Oct. 2014!

Room Tip: Try the one bedroom ocean front room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Diverjillj
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

A big thank you to Conan my dive instructor for a fantastic open water course.(£250),it took me five days,it can be done quicker but the five days suited me fine.I just wished I had got into diving years ago.The dive centre is well equipped and very busy with every walk of life diving there.They also have a dive pool.I stayed next door at Swengland Resort so can't relly comment on the hotel.I did eat there many times,the food is basic and reasonably priced.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo