“The owners and staff are the best!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Galera
ABWonderdive + Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 55 Puerto Galera B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 February 2014

For the past 5 years of vacationing in Sabang with my bf, last time was our first time to dive with ABWonderdive. Owners Alice and Bjorn were so welcoming with a big smile and very accommodating. They have this personality that made us felt comfortable the whole time. And this personality passes to their staff, everyone were so helpful, nice and cool. You could really see how good the relationship with their employees. The resort were organized and clean. We will definitely dive/stay with them again. Really worth it. :)

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I recently noticed a scathing review about ABWonderdive. REALLY! Of all the places I have dived AB Wonderdive has been my favorite.

I have seen many testosterone fueled reviews on trip advisor and perhaps have written a few myself but, this review is totally unwarranted. My memories of AB Wonderdive are very clear. The first impression was of Alice greeting me with a smile so wide she could have swallowed a banana sideways. I immediately felt extremely welcomed.

Secondly Bjorn was offering to take my dive bag so I needn't worry about equipment. I stayed in the room next door to them for more than a week and didn't hear any noise whatsoever. They appeared to me to be a happily married couple running a family business.

I am not a very good diver but they never made me feel inadequate, instead they helped me improve my skills enormously during my stay. It is simply not in their nature to act as described by that reviewer.

As to a lack of flexibility, when we wanted a night dive it was immediately added to the schedule. When one of our members complained about the dive being to early and therefore too crowded with other divers the dive time was immediately changed.

Alice and Bjorn are just running a small business. They employ good staff who love them. Why attack such a wonderful company in such a merciless way? The criticisms are both unfounded and unwarranted the person making such awful comments needs to go into the room of mirrors and take a good long hard look at herself.

I plan to return to AB Wonderdive again this month and look forward to seeing everyone again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My family and I took our Open Water Diving licenses at ABWonderdive back in July 2013. This was a great experience where the instructors really understood our different needs. My wife never tried even scuba diving before and Alice gently helped her feeling safe and getting comfortable with this new experience.
We live in Manila and have visited and dived at ABWonderdive 4 times afterwards and every time they carefully listen to our needs and supports us during the dives. We decide how many dives we want and they fulfill our wishes as long as the weather allows it.
We always get a great service from everybody at the center and it is obvious to everyone that the center is driven with compassion and respect for the nature and the employees.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We just spend 5 great days diving with ABWonderdive. The shop is owned by Alice and Bjorn, a Danish couple we had met on a previous trip to Puerto Galera four years ago. We found them so friendly and genuinely in love with diving that we promised ourselves that if we ever returned we would dive with them. So here we are!

When we contacted them we found Alice and Bjorn are very responsive to our emails, they organized the round trip transfer from Manila to Sabang and the lodging for us.

Their staff is professional and friendly, from the DM to the kitchen staff they always make sure your needs are met. After being introduce to the staff they will always remember your name, this is a small gesture that shows they are keen in making you feel at home during your stay.

They have three boats and can accommodate large and small groups. We were never more than four divers/DM, and they made sure to match the skills of the divers in each group.

The dive center is well organized, they have dedicated rinse tanks (always important for photographers), storage/drying area for your equipment. They also have a kitchen and a bar onsite, the food is delicious and freshly prepared, the portions are huge! I recommend the mango shake as an afternoon treat.

After diving you can relax at the bar and Ogie (the barman) will prepare you an exotic cocktail.

Everyday the staff will setup your equipment exactly the way you want it and load it on the boat. Before each dive the guides (all locals), will hand draw a very accurate map of the dive site and give you a thorough briefing before heading out. All the DMs are excellent, we dove with Mike, Leo and Marlon, they are always smiling and their diving skills are incredible.

During our visit Alice, Bjorn, Ramona and the rest of the staff managed three OW classes, and at least another dozen divers going on tours. Every went smoothly, we had the pleasure of seeing a group of new divers get certified. After all these years you could still see the joy of Alice and Bjorn when they came back from their respective dives. You don't always see the owners being active members of the dive staff.

I'm writing this on the boat ride back to Luzon for our transfer to Manila and my wife and I are already dreaming of coming back.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We've enjoyed several dives with ABWonderdive this year and the happy staff ensured high quality dives and great company when on land. It feels like one big family there. I got my Open Water Certificate there and the teaching and training was great. For lunch, I can strongly recommend their "Frikadelle sandwich"!

Room Tip: Both rooms have the most perfect view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mathias s
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My wife and I just returned from Puerto Galera where we spent a wonderful week diving with ABWonderdive. Alice and Bjorn were great hosts. They were able to meet all our diving requests. We were able to swap one of our prepaid afternoon dives for a night dive with no problem. I asked to go back to a previous dive site so I could photograph some frog fish, no problem. When a group from Monaco wanted to dive a different site than the one scheduled no problem. ABW made separate arrangements for them.
All the staff at ABW were great. The dive masters were very attentive, always putting safety first. Thank you Leo, Mak Mak, Mike and the all the dive staff. You guys are the best. The resort is conveniently located. But there are only have two rooms. We were lucky to get the ocean view suite.
Breakfast was included in the prepaid package. But we were on our own for lunch and dinner. We ate our lunches at ABW because the food was good and inexpensive. We ate dinner at local restaurants recommended by the staff.
Diving was mostly macro. Frog fish, flatworms, sea snakes, several species of eels, leaf scorpion, lion fish, crocodile fish and many many nudibranchs. On one dive I was able to photograph 5 distinct species of nudibranchs. A record for me! Also mandarin fish mating on a night dive.
I occasionally travel to Manila on business and will will definitely stay at ABW on future trips. It's only a couple of hour from Manila. Alice and Bjorn made all arrangements for us. They arranged transportation from our hotel in Manila to the resort and back again. Bjorn and his staff met us at the dock in Sabang and hand carried our luggage to the resort. We had a lot of bags, dive equipment and camera gear included, so this service was greatly appreciated.
My only criticism is the fact that they do not take credit cards or use PayPal. So it's necessary to wire money to their back account in Denmark. We had never done this before, and were wary about sending money to total strangers. Being Americans we're used to paying for everything by credit card. Be sure to bring cash for extras, including dinners. Some restaurants take credit cards but not all. Our total bill at ABW for extras (bottled water, lunches for 2 for a week, night dive class for my wife, extra dive...) came to about US$200.

Room Tip: Pick the ocean view suite. It has a great view, balcony, second bedroom and plenty of room to sprea...
Reviewed 29 December 2013

An exceptional and economical place to dive, stay, and eat!. We just returned from a great week at ABWonderdive.Thank goodness they were not affected by the recent typhoon. We arrived on Sunday around noon and were able to do our first dive around 3pm! They were extremely accomodating to our needs. They listened to what we wanted to see and helped us plan our week, according to our wants and experience. It had been 25 years since I had been night diving and Alice was able to provide a PADI night diving class for me. I was able to view Mandarin fish on my night dive! Other highlights included 3 flamboyant cuttlefish, more nudibranchs than I could count, sea horses, eels ( even a blue ribbon), beautiful fish, and healthy reefs. We dove the Maldives earlier this year from a liveaboard. This trip was half the cost and much better diving. The entire staff was wonderful. I only wish I had brought more cash to tip them even more. The only downside of this resort is that they only take cash, any currency works. We went twice to the local ATM only to find it off-line.Otherwise, this resort was perfect! Alice and Bjorn are wonderful hosts who make you feel very comfortable. Would I return....definitely!

Room Tip: The oceanview superior room was perfect. Book early
1  Thank gayle c