Tropicana Castle Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mermaid Resort(Puerto Galera)
  • Pool
Garden of Eden(Puerto Galera)
  • Beachfront
Steps Garden Resort(Puerto Galera)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Big Apple Dive Resort(Puerto Galera)
  • Restaurant
Sabang Oasis Resort(Puerto Galera)
  • Pool
Montani Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The Tropicana Castle resort truly is a unique fantasy world over 5 levels. The best place in town and probably the most characterful place in all the Philippines.

The rooms are very large and with the furnishings truly resemble something from a castle with the 4 poster beds and period furniture. The marble bathrooms were equally spacious with separate baths and shower.

Although not on the beach its location in town is still close to all the action and has an in house dive operator and gym for your disposal.

Pool and gardens were very peaceful and a nice place to relax away from the hustle and bustle of Sebang.

The hotel also has a guillotine and gallows for any nagging wives, why more hotels dont have these facilities I dont comprehend?

We dined in the restaurant a few times and the food is fairly average, breakfast was included but if I had to pay would eat elsewhere.

This really is a truly unique one of a kind hotel but unfortunately its let down by little things, such as the odd bit of rubbish left in common areas for 24-48 hours and neglect of some maintenance issues. Considering labour costs next to nothing in the Philippines this lack of attention is inexcusable otherwise I would have rated this place top marks just on character alone.

There is also another unused bar area above the restaurant that is unused which is really a shame that such a unique place is not used to its full potential.

Staff were very helpful and attentive attending to any issues and also called upon there dive operator who was at my sole disposal and costs much less than many of the beach operators.

Its a shame Paul went to Manilla otherwise I could have supplied him some feedback which I hope he would take on board. Tropicana is a very good place and its only some attention to detail would make it a truly great place.

Still worth a visit and highly recommended.

Room Tip: The best rooms are on level 3 and 4
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank reverend-spock
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Tropicana Castle is a real treat to people looking for something different. Upon entering the premises, one will be transported to a different era. The layout of the resort is truly inspiring with all the spiral staircase... all the nooks and corners one with curious eye will explore. The ambiance is awesome considering if you look outside you see just a plain busy street. I love all the special effects like big thick ropes hanging on the side of the stairs... the guilottine, the cannon balls, the hang noose. The creator of this castle did think of details pertaining to a castle. The rooms are not chinzy.... meaning for the price, you get a four- post king/queen bed; you get all the nice interior decorations with intricate wood carvings to look at; you have a swimming pool with wifi; the restaurant on the ground floor serves great food; and the service is great. I will recommend this resort to anyone who wants a different experience.

Room Tip: The Penthouse and the Family Room is really worth checking out.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My second visit to Sabang in Puerto Galera. After considerable searching, I decided to stay at Tropicana, I emailed the hotel directly to book and they wanted 5.5% surcharge on credit cards, so I booked thru Agoda without the premium.

Paul the owner is a a nice and helpful person. He was able to arrange a private van to transport me from Manila to Batangas Ferry Terminal. Hotel staff picked me up at Sabang on arrival, but I had to pay the porters to carry my baggage to the hotel. It is a 3-5 min walk from jetty to hotel.

I had a King Suite. Nice room, beautiful bathroom. TV is a 20" tube Standard Def. Bed is 4-poster King size bed. There is a mini refrigerator in the TV armoire. Bonus was they have an Internet Cable connection in the room, so I could hook up my personal router. There is a small Window type Air Conditioner in the room, which does an poor to average job in keeping the room cool.
Some of the towels are shredded and have been patched up. Soap are small slivers. No Shampoo. So bring your own soap and Shampoo.

The Staff if good and helpful. Food is passable. There is a pool on the 2nd floor. The Scuba Shop is not the best, though their Dive Master, Johnee, was very accommodating. The boat they used is a tiny row boat with an outboard motor. It does have a ladder though. The engine was constantly quitting. They do carry you gear to the boat. There is no drinking water on the boat, so take your own water if you need it. I did a few drift dives, and the boat was never able to follow our buoy. Every time on surfacing, we ended up waiting 5+ minutes for the boat to show up. The Hotel website also falsely advertises 'Free Nitrox' which I was told is extra charge.

Street in front of hotel can be noisy from motorcycles all day and late night. The hotel has a generator, but will NOT power the elevator (I was on the 4th floor). The stairs are steep and awkward to climb. I recommend getting a room in front of the pool on the 1st floor. The Internet quits every 5-10 minutes.

I ended up eating and drinking at the Big Apple Bar most of the time.. bigger, better wi-fi, more people and crowded. Beside, the Tropicana Restaurant closes by 10:30-11pm. We were in the middle of a meal and I asked for a soup and I was told the kitchen was closed! Big Apple bard & Restr. is open 24 hrs. There is a Sabang Restaurant (approx.100 meters/yards away) has good food at very reasonable prices. Try their Lomi Soup. A popular drink on the island is Mindoro Sling (local rum + pineapple juice + mango juice + sprite). Of course, Tropicana does not have it on their menu.

Room Tip: The hotel has a generator, but will NOT power the elevator (I was on the 4th floor). The stairs are steep and awkward to climb. I recommend getting a room in front of the pool on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Thingstosell
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Already had accommodation booked at Sabang when we saw Tropicana.. We went back, liked it and made reservation for next day!
Hotel is a crazy Austrian fantasy castle on a tropical island! Rooms are very spacious and comfortable with very nice en-suite bathroom.
Hotel was busy but public areas and pool did not feel crowded.
Excellent value for money and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Lots of stairs, try get rooms with patio.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelvinbuss
Reviewed 5 April 2013

The Good points about this resort is that the place was really neat and beautiful, huge bed and spacious rooms. Now here comes the bad part we rented the suite room for 2 nights and we were expecting a bathtub like the ad specified and guess what there wasn't any! well we weren't gonna use it anyway. Another thing is the bad service some of the staff were rude and doesn't really care much about their guest well that's how i felt during my stay. May be because i'm a Filipino? well i'm a guest of the hotel just like any other guest staying there so at least be a little bit friendly. We booked our stay thinking that this was their website http://www.tropicanacastleresort.com but it was an agency i found out when we checked out. The complimentary breakfast is only available if you booked your stay directly trough them so make sure to contact them trough their site http://tropicana-resort.net/ there's no complimentary coffee so don't expect to much. No one informed us anything as soon as we arrived so you will need to ask every little thing about the places in the hotel. All and all the place is great but lacking on the service side if they can improve it. This will be an awesome hotel to stay at.

PS: The safety deposit box doesn't work and the door was really hard to open.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family