“Puerto Galera at its best”

The Manor at Puerto Galera
Ranked #25 of 53 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have to agree with Luis S. The manor is better than sabang and white beach. The rooms, views, food, facilities, stately design, staff and peaceful natural atmosphere are the best.
I have received two free room upgrades since arriving. It is the off season at the moment, Ms Em is looking after me.
There was a power interruption when i arrived five days ago, but have not had any problems since then and this effects the whole of puerto galera anyway. There is a generator on site.
The staff at The Manor organized a private van to pick me up from manila airport, the driver was naturally friendly and the van was clean. He drove me to the ferry within the time that he said it would take and i was charged the price, which the manor staff said it would cost.
Im writing this review on the free internet at the manor, in the beautiful common area.
I have been trying to learn some Philippine words, so Marie (staff) wrote me a translation list as i did not buy a dictionary. Hotel staff do not have to do this. Very welcoming, very helpful.
I would recommend THIS hotel to anyone looking for a serene experience. For noisy nightlife go to sabang.
I hired a scooter and tried to ride to sabang one afternoon. I got lost in the jungle somewhere and asked for directions from a local who didn't speak English. she was only too happy to help and so were many other locals i asked, after not finding my destination on other occasions. No-one got angry at me when i rode down the wrong side of the road either (its opposite to australia). The roads are in good condition and most road users drive safely. Its good to see speed barriers near schools and high pedestrian areas. Road works and single lanes are sign posted also.

Enjoy
I certainly did.

Chris

Room Tip: enjoy a great view from any room i think. such is the location of this hotel. very quiet in all room...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Scuba_Chris10

Reviewed 15 July 2012

The moment you enter Puerto Galera Bay (acclaimed by the UN as one of the most beautiful bays in the world) towards Muelle Pier it is a premonition of a peaceful and serene and luxurious vacation waiting...... with all the beatuful yachts and catamaran moored at the pier. We were fetch by an F- 150 and more than a minute drive we were transported to the Manor at Puerto Galera. And my eyes cant believe it as it is nestled just on top of a hill in the middle of the woods and with just its splendor and magnificence ALL alone by itself surrounded just by nature and the sky...... It is just like you are alone in an island but will all the amenities the 21st century has to offer..... good food....swimming pool.... jacuzzi....artworks..... and the design of the stately manor on the slope was just fascinating. The well appointed rooms are inviting that you will be tempted to just stay inside and savor the view of 5 bodies of water and the mountains with its fog and ponderosa..... Yes the sound was just chirping of the birds and the croak of the frogs and the murmur of the cicadas and the lawin just circling the grandiose manor as if protecting its guest and the people inside..... You can never get exclusivity than at Manor at Puerto Galera. Its way above sabang and way way way above white beach. THIS IS PUERTO GALERA AT ITS FINEST. As we get to know the surrounding we came to know that the Manor is just at the back of Puerto Galera Yacht Club where they have a weekly barbeque dinner..... and a ten minute walk to the sandbar and the boquete island where you can snorkel and go sailing... No wonder foreigners and locals alike recommend this place rather than go to Sabang or white beach.

I am tempted not to comment on the experiences at Manor at Puerto Galera because I want to keep it secret..... to maintain its natural exclusivity.... We are becoming selfish now as we want the place to be enjoyed just by us... but later one we realized that we have to share it to others so they can experienced the FUN and the BEAUTY it offers. The place is indeed a disovery in the real sense of the word..... .

We were with guests and their families from all over parts of the world where I came to know that they were there for weeks and even months.... because they find the place so serene, quiet and peaceful.....

Thanks to the staff who kept our stay as enoyable and as peaceful as possible special mention goes to Ms. Em and Ronald and Randy the cook and Arthur...... and to the staff

How I wish that I would never leave Manor at PUerto Galera but as the saying goes we all must go to work...Saving for the next week stay... More Power and keept it up

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Luis S
Reviewed 22 June 2012

my sisters and I including my mom stayed at this hotel last June21, since the very first minute the hotel staffs were really friendly and very accommodating. we had a very refreshing complimentary drinks. the room was good we had a good view of the forest & ocean which made our camera really happy. the pool was also great warm and inviting. the only thing is we didn't have internet access in our room, but they have a big living room in the mansion, they have a computer that the guests can use for free and wifi is available. the breakfast was great we really enjoyed it lots of meals to choose from... one of the downsides is they are not close to downtown, have to take a trike to get to a small town. 10 mins walk from the beach ( Sand Bar Resort) which is not bad.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We spent three lovely days in this hotel and it was really wonderful. After not very pleasant experience from Manila and Batangas this was completely different. Altought we didn't stated the time of our arrival (which I highly recommend) and despite the fact we got off the boat at the wrong beach, they did pick us up and from that time everything was really perfect.
We got the View room, which has really the right to have this name. The view was spectacular, overviewing the sea, harbour, mountains... it was simply amazing during the sunset. We also got a welcome drink, which came really helpful after the long journey.

The manager is very sweet and helpful with everything you want to know, as well as all the staff, smiling all the time, making a real effort to make your stay remarkable and memorable.

Breakfast is complimentary and you can choose from a variety of breakfast styles like philippinos, spanish, german, european etc. All of them were really delicious.

Pool is not big but very comfortable as well as the pool chairs. Beach is about 10 min walk from the hotel but is very nice and quiet. It is completely different from the busy places like white beach or sabang.

if you are coming by boat from batangas, make sure you take a ferry to Muelle and get off the boat there, as it usually continues to white beach.

There are also lot of possibilities where to have a nice drink in the Puerto Galera, we went to some of them just next to the port Muelle.Really good value for the drinks!

So, if you are after a relaxing and quiet holiday, want to have a nice sleep and be treated really like a guest, you should definitely choose this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunloverCZ
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The Manor is a very unusual experience - it's more like staying at a friend's place than being in a hotel. Having said that, the friend has a really nice place with lots of rooms and even some private villas that will hold families. The Manor is unusual because it was the dream of one man, an American from San Francisco named Bill Lutt, who came to Puerto Galera in search of a scuba dive location and ended up marrying a Philippina and building a landmark. The Manor (aka the Mansion) is high on a hill overlooking the harbor where the outrigger ferries bring visitors to Puerto Galera. Because of its location, it's clear of mosquitos as well as the noisy motorbikes, jeepies and sidecars of the township and well clear of the slightly sleazy Sabang - which is about 15kms away if you really want to go. The Manor has its own swimming pools but it's a short walk to the harbor and the sand bar beaches, or Bill's fabulous staff will organize a ride for you. There's a yacht club where ageing ex-pats gather and tell stories of the way the world used to be, and there are shops and bars where the youngsters gather with the latest music. All in all, you'd be able to find pretty much anything you want here, but I just wanted some peace and quiet to relax - and that was available too. March, April and May are the months for HOT sunshine, then the rainy season starts in June and lasts three months. The rest of the year is hot and tropical. Take your pick !

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank beatric
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I want to write that the Manor really blew me away. The rooms are lovely. The family room i stayed in was really nice, it had everything that i needed. Queen sized bed and a living room area, probably comparable to the suite in the holiday inn i'm staying now at the los angelas. I've stay at the Capella,a 6 star hotel in singapore,sentosa and it seemed like a simpler version of that. The thing that would most set them apart from others is the personal touch stemming from the manager Ems flowing down to all the staff. I was with my wife and 7 month old kid, all the staff wouldnt hesitant to carry or play with our son and they were always very friendly. It felt like they were really genuinely there for you and not just out for a quick tip. It doesnt matter if you ate at their restaurant or not, though i'll highly recommend their breakfast is awesome and dinner too, they'll still treat you like a guest and respect what decisions u make.

The hotel seems full during this period and yet the manager and front desk are always stationed at their front desk so that u can contact them if you need anything. Best thing is they dont make you wait around for nothing and they seem to be able to manage their guests well.

It's not that far from manila and ms Em will write to you to ask if you need assistance before you arrive. The best thing is the people there really seem like they are nice cos they like having you around so it's really a nice feeling. They would really welcome you and yes the locals are nice as well. Laid back and friendly.

The pool was so clean and warm that my 7 month infant actually played in it for an hour. The view as many before me have said is breathtaking. They even arranged an island hopping trip for us which u paid directly to the boat man and not to them so they dont take any commission from that.

All in all, if you want a place that you can live in relative comfort with all the luxuries like cable tv, flat screens and wifi and yet near to the beach and nature. Do stay here.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a suite. For better wifi, request for rooms on the 2nd level and upwards...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank nigch
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I wanted a place away from White Beach or Sabang, yet close to all the diving and beaches. So I chose The Manor. I can confirm that this is the most unique and stunning property in Puerto Galera. The luxury for value was fantastic, the service was great, and their diving and spa people are top notch. I will be coming back next year for two weeks and will stay in one of the suites, it is worth the extra money!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo