“The people make the place”

The Manor at Puerto Galera
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Sydney, Australia
“The people make the place”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

The Manor is a wonderful building. The thought and care that has gone into its design and running is evident all over the place. It's really like a mansion guest house, with only a few rooms and loads of beautiful common spaces in which to relax or socialise.

But the experience of The Manor is really made by the people who run it, especially the wonderful Ms Em. Everyone goes way out of their way to make sure that each guest has a wonderful time at the Manor and around Puerto Galera, and it really feels like they mean it.

Room Tip: They're all corner rooms, how can you go wrong!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Stayed here to get away from Manila and to scuba dive during the All Saints/Souls long weekend. Everything went smoothly starting with me leaving the Manila and ending with my return. Not being familiar with PI, Ms Em set up transportation from my Manila hotel (van to Batangas pier, provided explicit instructions on how to buy the ticket and get on the right ferry to being met at Meulle Pie r for the short truck ride to the Manor) and then back to Manila. Me having never done this before, the instructions were a big help.

Rented the motorbike as a convenient way to get to town. The trips along the road to Sabang provided an added bit of excitement itself. The rooms were clean but the bed was just average.

In addition to diving, I was able to get in some sailing as the hotel is located directly above the Puerto Galera Yacht Club. Ms Em directed me on who to talk to at the YC and in no time I was crewing on a ketch sailing in the All Souls Regatta.

Breakfast each morning was very good and highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JSailo1r
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Before we arrive at Puerto Galera I simply step on the sidewalk the wrong way causing it to sprain and I'm so worried that this could ruined our vacation but Ms. Em recommend the famous "Manga gamot" in town and we took a tricycle and go there and the next day when I woke up the pain is gone. ;) Manor or simply the MANSION is very peaceful with incredible and breathtaking views it's like your staying in your own home. Napaka romantic ng place especially pag sunset at sunrise.Stiff lang masyado ang paakyat ng manor since its in the hill from Muelle pier you can saw already the Manor.The food is great! Ms. Em is a great help suggesting where we can go and explaining the route on how we could reach the place.Manor is best for honeymooner's, family.I would like to commend Ms. Em the most welcoming and helpful and the whole staff of manor for making our stay the most memorable experience we ever had.The staff is always smiling to kuya Arthur who fetched us in the pier, to ate in the resto sorry I forgot her name who always making our kapeng barako, to the chef for our delicious breakfast and dinners. We booked Superior Room and requested that if we could have our own veranda and to my surprise Ms. Em upgraded our room to Filipino Room without charging at any cost. Also, I would like to thank Ms. Marie also for answering all my inquiries and my request thru email..Also try their massage its very relaxing and two thumbs ups to well trained massage therapist..I hope they will finished asap constructing the road going to the manor and put some lights in the evening. We requested a scooter to roam around puerto galera and instead of 500php per day they give a 400php per day for 2 days. We go to Tamaraw Falls, White Beach and Papa Fred's Stakehouse.

Room Tip: Filipino room is good location. Hire scooter to roam around puerto galera. Try the famous Papa Freds...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LAKWATSA P
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I have stayed in hotels in White Beach & Sabang. I wish I would have found this place much sooner. It is located very close to Puerto Galera and is perched on a hill top which gives you the prettiest view. The rooms are very clean, the swimming pool was clean and well maintained, the food was incredible. The services was above and beyond from everyone there. I ended up staying another night. The place is secure and safe. The staff are extremely resourceful. I will post pictures!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Burqueman505
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have to agree with Luis S. The manor is better than sabang and white beach. The rooms, views, food, facilities, stately design, staff and peaceful natural atmosphere are the best.
I have received two free room upgrades since arriving. It is the off season at the moment, Ms Em is looking after me.
There was a power interruption when i arrived five days ago, but have not had any problems since then and this effects the whole of puerto galera anyway. There is a generator on site.
The staff at The Manor organized a private van to pick me up from manila airport, the driver was naturally friendly and the van was clean. He drove me to the ferry within the time that he said it would take and i was charged the price, which the manor staff said it would cost.
Im writing this review on the free internet at the manor, in the beautiful common area.
I have been trying to learn some Philippine words, so Marie (staff) wrote me a translation list as i did not buy a dictionary. Hotel staff do not have to do this. Very welcoming, very helpful.
I would recommend THIS hotel to anyone looking for a serene experience. For noisy nightlife go to sabang.
I hired a scooter and tried to ride to sabang one afternoon. I got lost in the jungle somewhere and asked for directions from a local who didn't speak English. she was only too happy to help and so were many other locals i asked, after not finding my destination on other occasions. No-one got angry at me when i rode down the wrong side of the road either (its opposite to australia). The roads are in good condition and most road users drive safely. Its good to see speed barriers near schools and high pedestrian areas. Road works and single lanes are sign posted also.

Enjoy
I certainly did.

Chris

Room Tip: enjoy a great view from any room i think. such is the location of this hotel. very quiet in all room...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Scuba_Chris10
Pasay, Philippines
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The moment you enter Puerto Galera Bay (acclaimed by the UN as one of the most beautiful bays in the world) towards Muelle Pier it is a premonition of a peaceful and serene and luxurious vacation waiting...... with all the beatuful yachts and catamaran moored at the pier. We were fetch by an F- 150 and more than a minute drive we were transported to the Manor at Puerto Galera. And my eyes cant believe it as it is nestled just on top of a hill in the middle of the woods and with just its splendor and magnificence ALL alone by itself surrounded just by nature and the sky...... It is just like you are alone in an island but will all the amenities the 21st century has to offer..... good food....swimming pool.... jacuzzi....artworks..... and the design of the stately manor on the slope was just fascinating. The well appointed rooms are inviting that you will be tempted to just stay inside and savor the view of 5 bodies of water and the mountains with its fog and ponderosa..... Yes the sound was just chirping of the birds and the croak of the frogs and the murmur of the cicadas and the lawin just circling the grandiose manor as if protecting its guest and the people inside..... You can never get exclusivity than at Manor at Puerto Galera. Its way above sabang and way way way above white beach. THIS IS PUERTO GALERA AT ITS FINEST. As we get to know the surrounding we came to know that the Manor is just at the back of Puerto Galera Yacht Club where they have a weekly barbeque dinner..... and a ten minute walk to the sandbar and the boquete island where you can snorkel and go sailing... No wonder foreigners and locals alike recommend this place rather than go to Sabang or white beach.

I am tempted not to comment on the experiences at Manor at Puerto Galera because I want to keep it secret..... to maintain its natural exclusivity.... We are becoming selfish now as we want the place to be enjoyed just by us... but later one we realized that we have to share it to others so they can experienced the FUN and the BEAUTY it offers. The place is indeed a disovery in the real sense of the word..... .

We were with guests and their families from all over parts of the world where I came to know that they were there for weeks and even months.... because they find the place so serene, quiet and peaceful.....

Thanks to the staff who kept our stay as enoyable and as peaceful as possible special mention goes to Ms. Em and Ronald and Randy the cook and Arthur...... and to the staff

How I wish that I would never leave Manor at PUerto Galera but as the saying goes we all must go to work...Saving for the next week stay... More Power and keept it up

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Luis S
Binan City, Philippines
Reviewed 22 June 2012

my sisters and I including my mom stayed at this hotel last June21, since the very first minute the hotel staffs were really friendly and very accommodating. we had a very refreshing complimentary drinks. the room was good we had a good view of the forest & ocean which made our camera really happy. the pool was also great warm and inviting. the only thing is we didn't have internet access in our room, but they have a big living room in the mansion, they have a computer that the guests can use for free and wifi is available. the breakfast was great we really enjoyed it lots of meals to choose from... one of the downsides is they are not close to downtown, have to take a trike to get to a small town. 10 mins walk from the beach ( Sand Bar Resort) which is not bad.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family