“Clean and secure.”

Sea Jewel Beach Resort
Ranked #34 of 62 Puerto Galera B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Sea Jewel beach resort is located a short 3 min walk from white beach Puerto Galero. If you want to wake up and see the beach and hear the ocean this is not the place you check in to. The view from your window is not great either.

But let's focus on what is nice about this place shall we?

Mort important, this hotel has 24 hour security and it is clean. The staff was always helpful, and breakfast (not included) was just as good as any other place i tried on the beach. I stayed in two rooms here, both were clean with silent aircon and clean sheets/towels. The big difference was the balcony in room 301 where i dried my wet clothes and beach towels after a day of swimming and snorkeling. So ask for a room wit balcony, the price is the same.

Another nice detail is that they have a backup electric generator. This is helpful, i was in PG two weeks and the electric system went down twice. It took a few seconds, the generator kicked in and all was back to normal with light and working Aircon.

When it was time to go home they booked me on the boat and made sure the little shuttle stopped and picked me up outside. Free of charge, with a friendly smile.

So nothing negative..? OK - the water pressure could have been better, but trust me, you can't do much better for 1500 pesos. I took my time when i arrived and checked out several places.

Recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony cost the same as the ordinary.
2  Thank Terje1964

Reviewed 26 February 2012

the hotel is a 3 minute walk from beach. we booked a family room with my friends and stayed for 2 nights. the room was clean, toilet ensuite, strong aircon, and towels included. hotel has a restaurant too and an accomodating and friendly staff

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This hotel is situated near the beach, we stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights and we were very satisfied. The check-in was very smooth, the place was very clean and well-maintained, and the room (on the 3rd floor) was perfect for our needs. Hotel staffs were friendly and they go out of their way to help you if you need it.

Thanks to sir Julius Datinguinoo & Sea Jewel it's worth a trip back.

1  Thank Zena_thewarrior
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have to say this has been one heck of a vacation coming here. I inquired into this hotel back in december and got a very fast and timely response from Julis and he took the time and effort to help me setup the stay at the hotel. For two months leadng to my vacation he kept in touch and answered any and all questions I may of have had. Once me and my fiance arrived at batangas Ms Tess met us with our boat tickets and helped us go through the check point. Once we got to the white we beach we met a tour guide with our name who led us to the hotel. We came in early so our room was not ready but the lady took our stuff and held it for us till room was ready. We met out guide Onel who made us made feel like family. While we waited for the room to be cleaned he took us out fishing which was awesome. We came back into the hotel later and saw the most wonderful room with a nice bacolney to have morning coffee on. As for breakfast I have to say it some of the best food I had in a while and the pancakes are even better. This is one place I will be coming back to every chance I can and will make sure my friends will hear of this wonderful place.

Room Tip: Contact Julius for best rooms
Reviewed 27 January 2012

my boyfriend and i plan to go at puerto galera and that was our first time. at the batangas pier ms. tess approach us to went to their place at sea jewel resort. and it was affordable price. The staff were very accommodating and courteous.The place itself was clean and well-maintained. Our room and our bathroom was also very clean. Sea Jewel gives you a very homey feel which really helps you relax and forget about the hustle and bustle of city life. It feels like coming home to your own place after an escapade on the beach. we enjoyed so much our vacation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eLLezircmerSaberon
Reviewed 27 January 2012

The old lady in the receptionist is not that friendly, she should be working on a school to be the Principal. The breakfast it dissapointing, the prices are not budget friendly and no complimentary water for the guests. you need to pay P5.00 per cup (hot/cold) from their water dispenser. we stayed there for 3D/2N in the room from the ground floor and there is no place to hang our wet clothes. to make it worst, no cellular signal in our room, WIFI is very weak as well. do not open the windows because mosquitos will join you in the room (you can ask for insecticide in the front desk). we asked for our room to be cleaned on the next morning but the housekeeping did not arrived-just becuase they are busy in something else. the TV is not on a comforatable position.

the good part: we had no problem with our boat tickets. good air conditioning and the shower have a consistent hot/cold temperature. everyting else, the place is pure business with a very little service for tourists.

look for some place to stay first.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank j j
Reviewed 24 January 2012

my hubby and some members of my fam stayed here last jan. 20-22...first impression was wwwoooowww...good plave...with good people..highly recomended...worth d price...

Room Tip: just see and prove for urself
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family