“Cozy”

Sea Jewel Beach Resort
Ranked #28 of 53 Puerto Galera B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Staying 4 days and 3 nights in the hotel for our 2nd anniversary celebration is worth it! :) they arranged everything from the boat transfers, welcoming us at white beach and even cooking my favorite grilled squid (that we bought from the wet market). The room is big and clean, people are very pleasant and hospitable :) but what i like the most is it's proximity to the beach :) i will definitely consider going back in this hotel and i will surely refer them to my friends :)) thank you sea jewel!--kim and napi

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Kimmchiane

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Pro:
The room is clean and spacious.
Aircon and cable TV.
Really good value considering the price.
The staff are nice and courteous.
Hot water.
Good location.

Con:
No nice views.

Overall, this is a good value. We would definitely book here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iamahappyrobot
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed overnight on this resort with my friends and girlfriend and it was excellent. We had our reservations done online. Their staffs are accommodating. Once we arrived at Batangas pier, they had already a representative who took care of us. We don't need to fall in line to buy tickets at the pier. We purchased our two-way ticket from their booth and then we immediately boarded the boat going to Puerto Galera. When we arrived at Puerto Galera, they have another staff waiting to guide us on our way to their resort. You won't miss it because they have a welcome banner with the name of their guest. Their resort is just few meters away from the beach and it's easy to locate. The rooms are clean. Their bathroom is equipped with hot and cold shower. They will provide a bath towel to each guest. Price? Very affordable. Sulit!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mako1778
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Sea Jewel beach resort is located a short 3 min walk from white beach Puerto Galero. If you want to wake up and see the beach and hear the ocean this is not the place you check in to. The view from your window is not great either.

But let's focus on what is nice about this place shall we?

Mort important, this hotel has 24 hour security and it is clean. The staff was always helpful, and breakfast (not included) was just as good as any other place i tried on the beach. I stayed in two rooms here, both were clean with silent aircon and clean sheets/towels. The big difference was the balcony in room 301 where i dried my wet clothes and beach towels after a day of swimming and snorkeling. So ask for a room wit balcony, the price is the same.

Another nice detail is that they have a backup electric generator. This is helpful, i was in PG two weeks and the electric system went down twice. It took a few seconds, the generator kicked in and all was back to normal with light and working Aircon.

When it was time to go home they booked me on the boat and made sure the little shuttle stopped and picked me up outside. Free of charge, with a friendly smile.

So nothing negative..? OK - the water pressure could have been better, but trust me, you can't do much better for 1500 pesos. I took my time when i arrived and checked out several places.

Recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony cost the same as the ordinary.
2  Thank Terje1964
Reviewed 26 February 2012

the hotel is a 3 minute walk from beach. we booked a family room with my friends and stayed for 2 nights. the room was clean, toilet ensuite, strong aircon, and towels included. hotel has a restaurant too and an accomodating and friendly staff

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This hotel is situated near the beach, we stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights and we were very satisfied. The check-in was very smooth, the place was very clean and well-maintained, and the room (on the 3rd floor) was perfect for our needs. Hotel staffs were friendly and they go out of their way to help you if you need it.

Thanks to sir Julius Datinguinoo & Sea Jewel it's worth a trip back.

1  Thank Zena_thewarrior
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have to say this has been one heck of a vacation coming here. I inquired into this hotel back in december and got a very fast and timely response from Julis and he took the time and effort to help me setup the stay at the hotel. For two months leadng to my vacation he kept in touch and answered any and all questions I may of have had. Once me and my fiance arrived at batangas Ms Tess met us with our boat tickets and helped us go through the check point. Once we got to the white we beach we met a tour guide with our name who led us to the hotel. We came in early so our room was not ready but the lady took our stuff and held it for us till room was ready. We met out guide Onel who made us made feel like family. While we waited for the room to be cleaned he took us out fishing which was awesome. We came back into the hotel later and saw the most wonderful room with a nice bacolney to have morning coffee on. As for breakfast I have to say it some of the best food I had in a while and the pancakes are even better. This is one place I will be coming back to every chance I can and will make sure my friends will hear of this wonderful place.

Room Tip: Contact Julius for best rooms