“highly recommended!”
Review of DiveVIP - CLOSED

DiveVIP
More attraction details
Owner description: located in sabang beach, puerto galera. Dive VIP is a small, professional dive centre with Instructors and Guides who have over 20 yrs experience diving and teaching in the area.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“highly recommended!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

professional, relaxed divecenter. great dive sites and friendly staff, especially mark and john. I come since 10 years ago every year here and I look forward to next time.

Vancouver, BC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“The mice will play when the cats away”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I recently went to Sabang with a friend to go diving. I showed up at 1:30 to arrange for my dives the next day. I was told by the lady at the shop to come back the next day at 10:00 for the 10:30 dive.

We happened to show up at 9:45 and were told by the same girl that we were late and the boat had already left. I told her that I had spoken with her the day before and she said they changed the dive time as the Divemaster wanted to go zip lining that afternoon. No apology. Nothing.

There is no posted schedule and no one was managing the shop. I actually asked the girl what she was doing and she just smiled. She explained that the Owner was away and the Divemasters were running the place on their own.

Terrible service. Horrible communication and not a great shop if you are an experienced diver. Go elsewhere, there are sooooooo many options in Sabang.

Visited April 2014
john298573, Owner at DiveVIP, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and laid out your concern, though you did not dive with us.

However, the changes in diving schedules were made a day before, where your friend, as well as the other divers have been advised. They agreed to move the dives to 9:00am, and 12:00nn, as some of them were leaving at 11:00am boat, and others would love to go to zipline for afternoon break, then come back before the night dive.

We did apologized to you after the morning dive, and asked you to come to the next dive but you insisted not to come.

We are obviously quite disappointed that you did not give us a chance to give you the best diving experience, and that would make your holiday worthwhile.

Nevertheless, we are so sorry for the mis-communication that must have been taken place.

Best Regards

​John Barratt - Owner/Master Instructor​
NEBOSH Practical Assessor
Tech IOSH Member​
BOSIET Certified
Melbourne, Australia
“Diving holiday”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I dived with VIP diving for the first time, I found Johno and the boys very professional and are a great bunch of guys, the diving was amazing. I recommend Dive VIP to any class of divers.

Visited March 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Cannes, France
“very friendly and professional”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I dived there in march 2014. 3 days and 3 different divings. The 2 first times, I was alone with the dive master, a really nice guy. It was really surprising as dives are probably the cheapest in this place, and it is well organized. For the last dive, more people were there, probably 5 or 6 of us, and it was still fine.
I recommend it. If I come back, which I hope a lot, I will come back there for sure.
Cyrille

Visited March 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

“Open water course”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We first walked around to compare prices , and finally found VIP Dive which gave us the best price but also a really nice feeling. I did my open water course with Jonh, very professional and friendly. My friend did a discovery diving and she was vey satisfied, scared at the beginning and finally really confident, thanks to Jonh s instructions !