I was the one with Larissa party. In our group, I was the only one who had already gone to the island.
* First of all, we just came from a very rocky boat trip from Batangas pier so excuse us from being cranky. As our voucher has stated that the trip includes roundtrip transfers from the pier. The last time I was in Puerto Galera was when we still had to land on white beach itself. We were brought to the bottom of the resort's driveway by the boat service shuttle. We were also brought from the resort to white beach when we were ready to leave. IF this is the case, the resort should have clearly stated that pick-up and delivery point is white beach itself (Voucher: ROUNDTRIP TRANSFERS FROM THE PIER).
When will you get around to editing that most important line? there are less than 500 words for the entire highlights section. For those people who hate having to go through transfers, THIS will be a deal breaker.
* The steepness of the road approach. Yes they did provide a vehicle to bring us up and down the driveway.
But what they failed to inform you buyers is that there is a time cut off of 10PM. So if we stayed out late, we run the risk of being stranded at the bottom of the driveway. In daylight that road is considered as a difficult trek, what more at night. If we did not bring flashlights, what are we expected to do. The driveway also has some blind spots so in case we are attempting to go up and down that same driveway, we run the risk of being hit by a vehicle.
* The incident with another party I ignored. But the treatment while others in our party was swimming was another matter. A FEMALE STAFF was loudly stating while a friend and I was on our way to the pool "Kaya nga tribal hills kasi nasa hills" with a pointed reference to our group. I was not expecting to hear this type of comments from members of the staff to a group inquiring about the resort. This is aside from the comments made by the vehicle driver when we were on our way to white beach to leave. I have very keen hearing.
* Shuttle service schedules. The shuttle schedules was very inconvenient, we had to wait for 2pm to check in to the room, before we can avail of the shuttle service. Then the shuttle service to white beach was at 1:50pm. Do the math.
* Misleading website. the luxurious breakfast was
Longanisa meal: 1 pc egg, 1 cup rice, 1 small tocino around roughly 1 x 3 inches, coffee. And hot water from the thermos that has a slight film floating on top when poured on the cup. I already went to another resort in another province just a month before this trip. Their breakfast also included tea, juice, unlimited coffee and a bigger longanisa meal since there were 2 pieces instead of one.
* breaktaking panoramic view of Mt. Malasimbo and surrounding peaks. This is am not impressed. I had already gone to Bicol four times to view the mountain and that is classified as breathtaking. The view of the beach was too far away. If you squint and crane your body just right at the reception area, you might just be able to see the view.
* Air-conditioned rooms, the aircon in room 5 was only at a comfortable level and it had a bad habit of conking out. Pillow was too flat, this agravated a back problem.
* free WIFI within the resort. This is if you can find the exact spot where the signal is stronger. Even if you are outside the walls of your room. Good thing we brought our own.
* Guided trek to Aninuan Falls. We did not avail of this offer.
The whole point of going to Puerto Galera is to enjoy the beach. If I wanted to do some swimming, there are nearer alternatives rather than going there. Cleaner too (I admit my skin is very sensitive to pool water).
Thinking about the resort experience made me decide to not go back within the next five years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting on a hillside overlooking the sea and with breathtaking views of Mt. Malasimbo and the surrounding peaks, Tribal Hills offers the best of all worlds. Close to Aninuan and Talipanan beaches, breathtaking mountain and sea views and a short distance from the nightlife at White Beach. With our own beautiful swimming pool, excellent food and free shuttle to local attractions we are a family friendly resort. Come visit us at Tribal Hills! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Tribal Hills Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tribal Hills Mountain Hotel Puerto Galera