“Cant be bad ,”

Badladz Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Lovely place to stay , probably the best food on the Island, everything seems simply delicious and huge portions, Mexican food the best in the Philippins their speciality such cute rooms , ok not huge but fitted out very nicely and most comfortble , but the staff is what makes this such a nice place to stay, they know how to treat there guests and the owner Myleen was more like a best friend when we had to go , , they cannot do enough for you here and the hotel is just a hidden gem , and the price for a room a bargain on the Island , see you again later this year,, we will return ;thank you Badladz .

Room Tip: All rooms are spotless as is the hotel .
2  Thank eub4
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Hi eub4 ,

Thank you very much for doing a review for us , We love knowing our guests had a good time with us here. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our food here and I will certainly let the staff know the kinds words you said about them.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Best place I've stayed at in the Philippines. Would stay there again if I return. The hospitality typical of the Filipinos is evident. Spotless rooms and restaurant, fabulous beach and pool, walking distance to the quaint downtown are more reasons I would return. While there our party golfed on a one-of-a-kind mountainside golf course, took an adventure tour into the jungle, rented motorbikes, watched the fishermen reel in their nets at night, danced and ate the most delicious fresh fruit I've ever tasted. We also shopped and bartered with the local merchants. A top shelf resort for a very reasonable price. Cheers to Mylene and her staff. Oh and one more point, if you happen to be there when Sean rolls in...you'll be treated to pirate stories and sunken ships and hours of the island's history as well as amusing tales of the Philippines as a whole.

Room Tip: No elevator so you may want to stay on ground floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Hi Agge F ,

Thanks so much for taking the time do give us feedback on your stay here at Badladz , we love reading about all the good memories our guests had with us.

I am happy to see you had a good time here and are thinking about coming back again to see us :) , even though it's nice to relax around the resort you shouldn't miss all the activities that are available in the area like the one's you described.

We hope to welcome you back here soon for more great memories and or course Sean sends his regards.

Take care.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I've stayed at this resort many times; this is my first chance at getting around to writing a review. Badladz is a great getaway from the doldrums of everyday life back in the western world. Excellent Mexican food and the staff are top notch with every whim. Small Tabinay is off the beaten path a bit, but all the trike drivers know exactly where it is. Do yourself a favor next time you're in Mindoro and book a few nights at Badladz, you won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ohhellno1
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Hi ohhellno1 ,

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review , we truly appreciate getting feedback from our happy guests. I am trilled to read you enjoyed our Mexican food , we import a lot of the ingredients for those recipes and we believe it helps make delicious food.

We love our quiet spot here away from other busier areas on the island , a lot of our guests enjoying falling asleep to the noise of waves on the beach front.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I have never seen paradise until I arrived at Badladz resort. I felt welcome from the very start. The staff was there for our every need. Food was very good & they prepared any way we asked. times it was very quiet & other you could hear people laughing with enjoyment of friendship. The views in the morning sunrise with the sound of the surf just kept us of relaxed.

Badladz arranged for us to scuba drive for the first time. I felt I was in good hands on our fist attempt, just awesome feeling. ready for my next dive when I return. this is one place you should not pass by..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Hi Bruman53 ,

Thanks so much for giving us such a fantastic review here , we really enjoy knowing that our guests had such a good time with us here.

The staff will be pleased to hear the kind words you said about them. I'm glad you enjoyed the food we prepared and we were more than happy to alter some of our menu items for you . I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed your first scuba dive and felt safe with your instructor , we really like to make sure our divers feel comfortable during the practice sessions.

We hope to welcome you back here soon.

All the best.

Maylen Cooney.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Had a very overwhelming stay in this resort, from the very first day we step here till our last day. Room was comftable, delicious foods(I love their pasta-carbonara), SUPER friendly & graceful staff's & owner..
Right at the beach, really relaxing to enjoy the sea breeze, listening & watching d waves. Feels good to fill your lungs with fresh air from d sea,mmmmmm.. Breathtaking sunrise!!!!

Had our first diving experience with Mr.Gavin Ohanion, very impressed how professional he was. At first,am so afraid doing it coz i really thought only good swimmer can experience/do diving,and i admit to myself that am not a good swimmer, but when he said "ok lang" i feel relieved and i felt really safe. Our diving experience was very Wonderful, I WANNA DO IT AGAIN OR MOVE TO NEXT LEVEL..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Hi Angela M,

Thanks so much for doing a review for us Angela M , we really like to see that our guests had a great time with us here. I'm happy to see you enjoyed the pasta , we just added that to the menu recently. I be let the staff know the kind words you said about them , and yes , getting up early is worth it to see the amazing sun rises we get on that side if the island.

Gavin will be happy to hear the good things you mentioned about him, for someone who is not a good swimmer you did a great job he said :) .

We hope to see you guys back here again for your open water course so you can move onto the next level.

Until then ,take care.

Maylen Cooney.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Currently staying at this resort and I am very satisfied.

The rooms are clean with basic amenities, a/c although I am not using much because the sea breeze is enough, hot and cold water.

The foods are excellent and very tasty. Eating with a magnificent view, cool sea breeze, and light music is just great.

The resort is great as they have a pool and is just in front of a nice beach and surrounded by the mountains. It is close to muelle port and just minutes away from sabang, white beach, and tamaraw falls.

The resort is very relaxing that I cancelled my trip to white beach. Experience for yourself to be amazed.

Thanks to the staff. :) cheerful and very accommodating. Will definitely be back. :)

• Stayed: January 2014
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Hi GelopySolo ,

Thanks a lot for leaving us such a nice review here. We are all really thankful for it.

Often with the sea breeze here and at this time of year you don't need the air con so you can listen to the waves hitting the beach at night time very easily, a lot of our guests like it here for that reason. I'm glad to read you enjoyed our food here , we just changed the menu recently so we hope everyone likes our new additions.

We look forward to welcoming you back again for another awesome time here.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

One of my fav places to stay when i visit puertogalera. Its a nice hotel, with pool, and good food , drinks and more. I enjoy just waking up early having breakfast watching the waves and feeling the nice sea wind.

It has a very at home feel, and has something to offer for everyone. My son enjoyed swimming in the kiddie pool.

And the shower heaters work really well!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ådäm J

Hi AdamandThet,

Thanks so much for taking some time out of your day to leave us such a nice review, we really appreciate it.

I'm so happy to see what you said about the hotel, I agree about waking up early and watching the waves splash down on the shore, it really is a special place here. We try our best to treat everyone like a member of our own family and we believe that makes everyone feel at home here. And of course we are trilled to see the hot water worked perfectly for you.

See you next time and safe travels.