Badladz Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Punta Del Este(Puerto Galera)
View Hotel
Badladz Dive Resort(Puerto Galera)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Utopia Resort & Spa(Puerto Galera)
  • Pool
Encenada Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)
  • Breakfast included
Oceana Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)
View Hotel
Franklyn Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)
  • Room Service
Villa Fernandez Resort(Puerto Galera)
  • Pool
All reviewsmexican foodbeach resortburritorooms are smallwhite beachmuelle piera great stayrooms are clean and comfortableclose to townrelaxing weekendtricycle ridememorable stayfilipino dishesmangonice beachhome away from homepeace and quiet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Its our first time in the Philippines, and we stay in Badladz beach resort. The weather is bad when we arrived, we expect that its gonna be boring for us in that kind of weather and in the entire time of our stay..But its not.. When we arrive, the friendly staff of the resort have warm welcomed us.. they are always happy and have a big smile in their face, our room was perfect, amenities works great, and have a comfortable bed. We have dinner in their restaurant which their specialty is Mexican which exactly me and my friends love, and what surprises us is the taste is exactly what we are craving for :)).. Around the resort is quite even they have some guest.. some of them are partying and dancing with the staff together after work..and you don't hear that party noise all the way up in your room. We decided to join them and it was great fun!.. The next day we decided to go around the island and they give all the information we need and our day went fantastic.. we went back to the resort and spend some time in the pool and walking around the beach. Our time in badladz beach resort was great.. from our arrival, comfortable room, perfect location, friendly people, and awesome food.. I thank all the staff of the Badladz beach resort as making our Holiday fantastic. We will surely come back and recommended your place to more of our friends.. :))

Room Tip: third floor with great view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank anita l
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Hi Anita l ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write out a review for us , all of the staff here really enjoy reading the kind words you left for them. We do our best to make sure everyone has a memorable experience :) We hope to see you back here again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

In our day of arrival in Badladz Beach Resort with my wife, we got such nice welcome from the staff, start from the beautiful receptionist and the happy and friendly waitresses. And the next was the surrounding of the whole resort, very clean and tidy,, before we went to our room, i went first straight away outside the restaurant, and there the view! the very awesome view.. Very fresh air, private,and quite surrounding, which all we need for having well spent holiday. We went up to our room, and they have the amenities we need. Clean room,breathe taking view,and relaxing bed. When it comes to food, fantastic! the waitresses make sure always your order with a huge smile always in their face. When the power went of, it takes only a second to turn on the generator, it looks like no brown out at all as we heard that there is power off problem in the island but not in Badladz beach resort..Surely they are professionally prepared to look always after what their guest needs. This resort is perfect for everyone to stay and enjoy their holiday, they organised what you need to go around the island and they are always making sure that their guest is safe.
Its more like, YOU ARRIVED AS A GUEST AND YOU LEAVE THEM AS A FRIEND... Definitely will come back and recommended! till next time.. :)

Room Tip: Second floor with the awesome view..
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank geroge c

Hi Geroge c ,

Thanks a lot for the great review George , everyone here at Badladz really appreciates you taking the time to let others know about your time here with us.We hope to see you back here soon for more good times.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our stay at Badladz beach resort was really bad even if it is not expensive for the rooms. From the website it looked like a nice place and we booked it cos it was No. 1 on Trip Advisor. My friend and I were shocked when we first got there - can't believe it was a No.1 resort. And when we get there no one welcomed us and there was no power and hot water to have a shower. And dont expect a welcome drink or any drinks in your room. We had to buy our own in their store at 60 peso each. The staff are very shy, but they are nice, but they are dressed just like other local filipinos and we always have to find them to ask a question.

Our room was very small with air con and fan so noisy we could not sleep and the power kept stopping for 30 minutes and we had no lights except our Ipads. And the shower room was so slippery floor maybe they putted a wax on it. And hot shower is not working also. Valued extra for free is only bath soap. We had to go to nearest store in a tricycle to buy water, drinks, milk, coffee, shampoo, but we had no ref in our room for water and milk and soft drinks. We had a cockroach in our room with mosqitos during brownout.

Resort is not a good location and we did not feel safe as men were always drinking in front of the resort. But even worse on our second night we had a drink at the resort, there is an outsider interrupt everything and slapped one of the staff of the resort and wants to fight him. It's makes us feel so worried we went to our room scared. I found out that they don't have a security.

Room Tip: Second floor the right side face the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
10  Thank gem_precious88
BADLADZRESORT, General Manager at Badladz Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hi gem_precious88,

First of all I would like to say thank you for your feedback even if it is negative . For me it is important that if you, our guest had a bad time here I wish to know so we don't have a repeat situation in the future , I personally am hugely appreciative of guest feedback whether it be positive of negative because we put a big effort into making sure that each and every guest we have has a positive experience with us.

It is a shame that when you visited here in Badladz that Puerto Galera had the worst typhoon in 8 years , during this time we did our absolute best to cater to all our guests needs as best we could, unfortunately the damage from the typhoon meant that electricity and water was not functioning for the entire town for a few days. We did our best by using a generator to supply electricity and using a pump to put water up to our holding tanks for the guests to use. I am sure that had you visited us at any other time your experience with us would have been much nicer.

I hope your time with us didn't put you off visiting ever again. If you do plan on coming back to Puerto Galera please contact me through either our website or phone as I would personally like to apologize for the misunderstanding that took place. I hope you give us another chance to show you that we love to give our guests a memorable experience every time.

Kind regards

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was booked at Badladz Dive Resort. Bad weather triggered loss of power there, so almost upon walking off the ferry next to the resort I was approached and advised that they had arranged for me to lodge at the Beach Resort instead as it had power. It was a seamless transfer and very well managed.

The Beach Resort has attentive, friendly staff, clean and well-appointed rooms and good food. The ever-present owner (Sean) keeps a watchful eye on things, and makes sure that all guests are well looked after. It is NOT located in the more doubtful parts of Puerto Galera, being instead located on a quiet beach. You wake up, not to the sound of an engine or boisterous tourists, but to the sound of waves lapping the beach.

The staff are good. They handle requests efficiently and will ask you for clarification if they are not 100% certain they got you right.

The rooms are nice. They are, perhaps, spartan if you compare with a Shangri-La, but they are clean, have a good bed, a fan, A/C and a bathroom where the water-heater works!

The food, especially the tex-mex selection, is excellent and freshly made on the spot.

Diving: Gavin, the instructor, is a dedicated pro and will ensure that you not only pass the exams, but that you actually LEARN what you need to learn. This is not a diver-mill, it is a proper dive-operation where safety and protection of the underwater environment are paramount at all times. Highly recommended if you want to learn diving - not just tick your way through boxes. Equally recommended for regular diving, as you will know you are in capable hands.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Carl Martin F

Hi Carl Martin F ,

I am really glad to see the great review you left for us, I will make sure our staff read your review. We love reading reviews like this because we always aim to make our guests experience with us the best it can be.We look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I´ve been for 4 nights there and I really enjoyed. You have almost a private beach and a little swimming pool. The area a 5 minutes by tricycle from Muelle Pier, perfect location if you want to dive with Badladz. I had a great experience with them, the service is excellent and they do have a great Mexican food.
If you want to relax and have a perfect environment just go there. This time it was low season in Puerto Galera, so I almost was alone, perfect for relax. I couldn´t use the aircon as it was switched off, the weather was cool but inside the room was hot. I hope to see you soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank UnderWater888

Hi UnderWater888 ,

Thank you so much for the nice review , I'm really happy to read your kind words about your stay here. We really appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your experience here.