“Think one time extra!”

Coco Beach Island Resort
Ranked #21 of 54 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

If you are planning to go to beautiful Puerto Galera for diving, please do.
Try to avoid room nr. 70 as the toilet has s water overflow and the hotel resort wont fix it. Avoid the restaurants as the waiters have no bonus and try not to serve you. Prices are very chubby after local standard and the cheifs are headhunted from a military field kitchen.
Try not to exchange money at the hotel as you only get half price.
Enjoy every morning an old greyhaired man employed at the hotel spitting at your house every morning.

Please book at another resort to enjoy your holiday in puerto galera.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank Søren S

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Everythings good except for the power shortage because there was an incoming typhoon. They should have a generator or something because its REALLY dark. Or install emergency lights.

Food is great, rooms are wonderful. The sight is breathtaking.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Imba M
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed there for 3D2N. It was a good resort to feel much closer to nature, literally! At night there were frogs all over the walk path, when we had dinner at Coco grill, there were winged termites all over the place, flying and dining with you. The scenery was peaceful and relaxing. I was amazed with their version of cable car, which is really helpful coming up and down the hill. The food was good though quite expensive. The room is clean, well-ventilated and had a great view of the sea. You have to make sure to close your windows or else, you might end up sleeping with insects, though mosquito nets were provided. The staff were really courteous and friendly. We could have enjoyed our stay more if it wasn't for the winged termites.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Arabella S
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We went here last December 2013 with my bestfriend and stayed for 3D/2N.

The food was good! and the 'place' itself! The ambiance and environment is very "perfect" for those who are seeking to get away from the hustle and stresses from everything. Away from the "noise" and "crowded" beach.

But I suggest that you get the aircon room becoz all the other rooms involves a lot of walking in the place. It is ok at first but eventually your feet will get tired esp if you are going there with some old folks.

However, you won't regret going to this place. The price is worth it. You will find the calm, quiet and peaceful environment you are looking for.

The staff are all courteous. Kudos to them!

We really enjoy our stay here. Thanks! Keep it up! :)

Room Tip: Pick only the aircon room if you are the type who doesn't want to go walking and walking.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank rain_23
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family of four stayed at Coco Beach for four nights this June. We really enjoyed our visit, but after our last day, we felt that it was time to go, and another day would have been too much.

We stayed in a hilltop room that was 225 steps up from the beach. Although this made going up to the room quite inconvenient, in the beginning it was well worth it because the view was great and the location on the peaceful hilltop was quite nice. Also, the walk up passed through beautiful gardens with plentiful flowers and birds. However, after about the tenth time that we made the journey up to our cabin, it became somewhat of a burden (although, it was a good source of exercise to have on vacation). But once we got to our room, the great view never got old. The room was much better than we expected after seeing many previous Tripadvisor reviews that talked about rooms there being run down. In fact, we thought it was actually quite nice and comfortable for being a cabin in the jungle. All in all, if you are fine with climbing up many steps to your room, then definitely go with the hilltop because the views are amazing.

The rest of the hotel was also nice. The pool, which is something we always look for in a hotel, did not disappoint as it was big, very clean and refreshing, and we spent a lot of time in it.

We ate at the main restaurant for all of our dinners because we found the other options to be relatively expensive. For the most part the food was decent, and given that my family has to eat gluten-free, the people at Coco beach were very accommodating with our allergy requirement.

The beach was good for snorkeling. You have to get out a little ways, past the grass and dead coral, but once you get out there, there is some good stuff to see. Although I recommend that you wear sand shoes or other foot protection at the beach because its not all sand.

The service was quite good. From the service family, who attended to all of our needs, to the waiters who served us our food, everyone was very friendly, and they all tried hard to make our stay the best it could possibly be. For example, they personally remembered all of our names, and made us feel comfortable and welcomed.

Finally, the hotel has many activities and things to do around the resort. We went during the lean season so not everything was going on but I would assume that during the high season, the place would be buzzing with activity. As you can see from the website, there are many things to do around the resort.

Overall, as a result of the service, the room, and the activities, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank RyanA-C
Reviewed 28 June 2014

It has been a terrible experience... my worst so far...
The rooms are eco which could be great, but no air-conditioning and old fans, no water boiler, no music, no tv, nothing electric basically... a caveman great resort for sure...
The staff is on holiday there, not you... if you need nothing you are well served... even asking for snorkel get you with no fins, and takes a long while...
Nothing is organized from there, no island hoping or anything of any sort...
And the worst of all, if you thought nothing can get worst, the food... overcook alternates withundercooked and bad taste... to the total iindifference of the cook or staff srving there...
AVOID AT ALL COST

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Alain V
Reviewed 4 June 2014

One BIG thing: the dives were SUPER GOOD!! Thanks Henry, my divemaster, who always helped me take great photos. The water visibility was excellent and the fish variety was big. I found my lovely seahorses!! I enjoyed the dives so much.

Thanks for the Coco Express; they waited for me even though my alarm clock was out of function and I woke up at the time that they were about to leave Miramar Hotel. Thanks so much for the generous driver!! Big thanks!! the service family was also very special in this kind of beach resort. They were helpful and friendly.

A few issues: it's just TOO HOT to stay in a fan room, and most of the rooms there are fans; the rooms I think are overpriced in PG area. They should be much cheaper, especially the standard room. I paid US $56 for agoda.com for 1 night standard room. When I entered the room I thought it should be half-priced!! How come?? It's so small, rustic and too simple.

I think the Coco beach resort needs to re-consider all prices there. Rooms?? too pricey -- as 99% no air-con.

The spa was great, though -- believe it or not, also there's no air-con.

I want to dive with Coco Divers, but I don't want to pay such a high price for the standard room. So, maybe next time I won't be there any more.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo