1. The room (executive suite) - very very nice. Great view, tidy inside, big, nice tv etc. Cost about 5500 per night for exec suite, with additional vat and credit card charges.
2. Location - its on little laguna beach, which I would highly recomend vs staying in Sabang properly - its about 5-10 minutes walk along the beach path, so get a porter if you have a bag, but its easy to go into town and a little quiter.
Cons. Unfortunately - Everything else.
- Facilities - there isnt really anything - no pool, no restaurant, etc, which is something all the other places have. Whats worse is you can see next doors' 2 pools from the room so you know what you are missing!
- Access. Its down a fairly dingy set of alleys, and the place looks like a construction site. There is some limited noise from this.
- Security. A group of friends turned up unnanounced at 2am (which was fine), but the security guard (if he was there) just let them through without any questions.
- Steps. The nice rooms are all up a lot of steps. Fine for me, but anyone unfit would struggle.
- Booking/Payment. First I had issues using the online booking system to pay a deposit. And then on the last day, their credit card machine didnt work and they had no back-up. I spent an hour running around with them trying to find a solution, nearly missed my boat and left without paying, I then had to make a special trip to a local bank to put a cash deposit into their account. Simple basics of a hotel, make it easy for people to pay.
- towels - skungy looking old brown towels, they didnt smell fresh, and one fell apart and covered me with brown fluff after a shower. I was left looking like a grizzly bear.
Over-all, there are lots of good places to stay, I'd be reluctant to go back, even though the room was very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lalaguna Villas Resort in Sabang, Puerto Galera is an exotic beach resort resting along the lush green forest mountains of Mindoro that connect to a white sand, blue water beach. We offer a private villas-style atmosphere with charming Filipino hospitality on a quiet beach within a short walk of the center of the lively town of Sabang. We offer a variety of rooms, ranging from studios for the budget conscious, to suites and villas to suit even the most discerning traveller, up to our signature multiple bedroom Penthouse apartment. We have a large pool and recreation area, complemented by rooftop gardens. All rooms are equipped with top quality brands such as Slumberland mattresses, Samsung TVs, DVD players, Refrigerators. Guests receive unlimited free bottled water, free laundry, 24 hour room service - truly a 'home away from home'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Lalaguna Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.