I have stayed at the Mermaid Resort Hotel about two weeks ago. In the past I stayed at a different resort in Puerto Galera but this time I thought why not try out the Mermaid Resort because it really looked nice. The rooms are simple but nice and for $52 a night it's a pretty good deal but that was basically the only thing that was good about the hotel. Me as a five-star hotel manager expect a certain kind of service which I totally missed at the Mermaid Resort. I don't expect high standards of luxury but friendly staff, yes that is a thing I would expect. To give you a couple of examples why the staff was so unfriendly and unhelpfull.
I have booked two rooms for six days but something came up in the meantime so I had to shorter my stay to five days. I already paid everything is advance when I checked in and then they told me that is your problem sir if you want to leave one day earlier. So, I basically lost one day and could say goodbye to my US$52.
Then on the day of the departure I told them one hour in advance that I would like to check-out both of the rooms. They said to me no problem. One hour later when I checked out they told me I could not pay by credit card so I had to run to the western union to get more money and when I finally did check-out they came running after me because I still needed to pay for the other room and I did really mention it to them that I would like to check-out two of the rooms. With all this hassle I barely made it on time for the last boat back to Batangaz. Besdide this a nice goodmorning or evening or even friendly smile on the staff faces is parently hard to say or difficult to see.
When you do stay at this resort please make sure you only book the room without breakfast or dinner. I have found a really nice restaurant that's just opposite the resort called T-Zone. The French Chef up there makes some awesome and finger licking food. Please make sure you try the cheeseburger (one of the best I had since ages) or his delicous French Boeuf Bourgunion.
The prices in the restaurant are a good value for money and the staff is "oh so friendly" up there. The owner is very flexible and nothing is too much for him. I asked him if he could make me a proper breakfast and even though it was not on the menu; he said sure no problem and it was delicious.
So, next time I would not stay at the Mermaid Resort anymore but I will go back to the restaurant called T-Zone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mermaid Resort Puerto Galera is the finest dive resort in Sabang, Puerto Galera. The waters around have been dubbed the center of the center of marine biodiversity in the world. Mermaid Resort features 40 large guest rooms and suites -- all exclusively furnished with the comforts of a modern hotel resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mermaid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mermaid Hotel Puerto Galera
- Mermaid Resort Puerto Galera