Resorts in puerto gallera are over crowded...too commercialize. So the accomodations depend where you checked in. Staffs in mermaid diving resort are polite, wifi is strong, in lobby they offered beers and snacks and incase you check in request a room facing the shore if possible. Because as ive said resorts are over crowded and some of the rooms located at the back of other resorts kitchen.so its a bit noisy at night and smoke and smells of food went to bathroom windows,just like what happend to us.
Over all if you went there to experience diving...the resort is fine and its amenities. But dont expect that you could swim in front of the resort because it dirty, like theres diving service boat everywhere and not so clean water, sometimes theres motor oil on water. You can swim a little far from the shore line. Or if you want you can go to sabang beach resort, other side of the island thru tricycle at 50 php to 100php (TRANSPO ARE NOT REGULATED so sometimes its up to you...if you think the price is not practical look for another ride and negotiate the price).
The diving location is very nice and i can recommend thier diving spot a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mermaid Resort Puerto Galera is the finest dive resort in Sabang, Puerto Galera. The waters around have been dubbed the center of the center of marine biodiversity in the world. Mermaid Resort features 40 large guest rooms and suites -- all exclusively furnished with the comforts of a modern hotel resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mermaid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mermaid Hotel Puerto Galera
- Mermaid Resort Puerto Galera