“Extremely attentive to details - superb trip!”

Marco Vincent Dive Resort
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
San Francisco
“Extremely attentive to details - superb trip!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I am an extremely picky person typically but I have to say that this place, by and large, exceeded all my expectations. My fiance and I usually travel on a shoestring, but signed up for a scuba diving trip at this place which was slightly more upscale than we are used to. This place did not disappoint and is well worth the slightly extra cost.

First, the staff is terrific. I have never seen most positive, cheerful and attentive people. They attend to your needs before you even have a chance to request anything of them, that's how remarkable everyone is at what they do. Even when I'd wake up tired after a whole day of diving, their attitudes managed to cheer me up. From the staff at the hotel to the people working on the dive boat, I have nothing but high praises for everyone. Even the owner, Mel and his wife, were inordinately nice and treated us like family. I can't speak highly enough what a difference it makes to stay at a place where the people are actually happy to be there and happy to serve and help you so graciously. A special shout out to the manager of the dive-shop, Danny, for his special sense of humor and for escorting us on a memorable night out in the nearby town.

Second, the dive operation is very well managed and runs smoothly. The dive masters are all well trained and they are always checking up on you to make sure you're okay. The food served on the huge new boat the hotel has acquired is absolutely incredible. Fresh BBQ-ed chicken, shrimp and squid, among many other sides, every single day. Who can complain? I'd smell the mouth-watering aroma of the chicken before I even got back on the boat after a dive and almost wanted to ask the staff to throw me a piece while I waited to get on the boat. The dive shop management was even nice enough to comp us the equipment rental even though it wasn't included in the initial package we bought with them.

Lastly, the location is private and far enough away from the riff-raff of crowds to where this can be a great intimate place to spend time with a special someone. Although the town is nearby enough to where it is easily accessible so the location isn't too remote. It's exactly right.

I can't think of enough good things to say about this place. All in all this has been a memorable trip and I can't wait to return in the future.

Room Tip: All the rooms are exceptional, can't go wrong. No elevators though so you may want to select a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chazmaster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We experienced enough in a short period of time to know this place is special. The location and property are simply stunning. Everyone working there will go out of their way to help. The service ethic is truly special, both when things go well and when things go badly. It was one of the best hotel we have ever stayed at. Two thumbs up and will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Yakovodka
Mexico
Reviewed 10 January 2013

It was our second time in Galera, and staying in Marco Vincent is the
reason why we will come back again. At first you will be surprise of the
cost of the rooms and Diving, but afterwards you will be amazed what they
can really offer.

We did Discover Scuba Diving and it was very good.. Not only the Dive site
we’ve been but also the gears and other equipments they have, the
instructor and the staff are very approachable.
Their rooms are awesome and very systematize, the bed sheets are clean and
fabric.
Restaurants are very fine specially the one in front of the beach. We love
the ambiance, and the food.
And most of all the very very very friendly staff..

Without any doubt I can now say that Marco Vincent is the most excellent
Hotel/ Resort in Puerto Galera.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alicia C
Baguio, Philippines
Reviewed 8 December 2012

We’re on a vacation with my 2 kids for 8 nights in Marco Vincent. Upon check in, the staff welcomed us with a smile giving a wonderful feeling of being at home, you will just feel it right away. We booked for a Family room and because we are four people they upgraded it into Super Family. The rooms are tastefully decorated. The one we had on the second floor, is spacious and comfortable.
The distance of the resort from the beach gave us more relaxing nights because the noise from the partying people at the beach front is a big “NO” for kids.
My kids loved swimming in their indoor clean pool and Jacuzzi; the staff would even open the jacuzzi and extend its use just for them to enjoy, that’s why they loved swimming the whole time.
My hubby and I had our first DSD or Discover Scuba Diving and the instructor is professionally great! DIVING is definitely a wonderful experience! And if our kids will be at their right age, I will not hesitate to let them experience it. The offered massage is perfect the night after we had our dive.
The food is incredible! And the way they served and prepared the food is magnificent. My husband loved “CHICKEN CURRY” and been curious how the chef prepared such a sumptuous dish. Plus the pizza special and sizzling bulalo at Aqua bar at the beachfront is a must try for everyone.
During our stay, the room is cleaned and well kept by the housekeeping, no need to request for a makeup room every time.
WIFI connection was excellent all-over, useful for travelers whose job needs to update the internet always.
Ladies of front desk, was very helpful and quick to offer information on "the locals" favorite places to eat and hang out.
Service in all departments is very attentive.
I would recommend it to my friends- pretty good value in terms of price and service. So excited to come back this SUMMER!

Room Tip: rooms at the second floor facing the center of the resort
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank DaniellaDavid08
Cherry Valley, Illinois
Reviewed 18 November 2012

First, the hotel. The open air courtyard and pool are beautiful. The rooms were pretty basic but we didn’t expect luxury accomodations and spent little time in our room anyway.The women at the front desk were probably the friendliest and most eager to please staff I have encountered anywhere in my travels. The serving staff were equally friendly and attentive. So a big shout out to Khimmee, Marianne, Reyadel and Rizza. We were there as a dive group with 9 divers. We booked on an all-inclusive package so meals were provided. The breakfast is made to order off a basic menu but the food is excellent and the presentation was professional. The dinners were incredible. Served family style with an amazing variety I would classify it as excellent overall and as stated earlier the staff were great. As for the area, the hotel is a short walk from White Beach; a beautiful white sand beach. There are lots of restaurants and bars on the boardwalk and lots of souvenir shops. There are also lots of roving street vendors selling jewelry and trinkets out of backpacks and they are persistent and incredibly annoying. You have to actually be rude to make them go away or they will dog you on your entire walk, trying to show you their wares and get you to purchase. I know they are only trying to make a living but they are true pests. And once you buy something from even one of them the rest will descend on you like vultures and follow you around en masse. So I would recommend you not purchase anything until the last day you are there. Now for the diving and diving operation. The dive boats are modern and well appointed. They are not set up for divers with cameras and only had one bucket with fresh water for cameras. Since there were 5 of us with cameras finding a safe place for your camera was not easy. The divemasters were a mixed bag. Some were excellent and were very good at finding and pointing out the sea life and others were not very good at all. It didn’t take long to figure out who to follow around. There were some distressing incidents too. On our first dive we encountered extremely strong current; too strong to swim against. At other dive locations around the world I have often seen divemasters assess a site prior to having divers enter the water and if conditions are bad move to another location. Sometimes midway into a dive, however, conditions change. This is not entirely unusual and happens occasionally. When it does happen usually the divemaster has a “plan B” and turns it into a drift dive or adapts in some other way. In this case we encountered the strong current immediately when we descended and the divemaster leader was clueless as what to do. So the divers fended for themselves and found small coral heads to hide behind or anchored themselves to the bottom and that is how we spent the entire dive; stationary! The second thing that happened was that on 3 separate occasions the boat crew who were in charge of changing out our tanks after each dive failed to change tanks for one of our divers. Not once but 3 different times on 3 separate days! This is both inexcusable and dangerous. Even though you should always look out for yourself I was pretty shocked by this and highly recommend you always double check your gauges prior to each dive. I don’t want to leave the impression it was all bad because it wasn’t. They were friendly and as stated earlier some were exceedingly good at finding sealife and pointing it out. And the dive sites were very good overall. I saw more species of large showy nudibranchs here than any other place I have ever been! Verde Island is a must see. It is among the top 3 dive sites I have ever visited. The quantity and variety of fish is indescribable. You have to experience it to appreciate it. It is truly spectacular and the site is actually a pinnacle and is large enough you can do multiple dives and see different sides. So even with the rough spots I noted earlier I would still describe the dive operation as a “good” one and the dive sites as excellent. For some additional fun, take a jeepney or trike into Sabang for a nite and visit the nightclubs (discos). The trip there and back will be an experience to be remembered and the nightclubs are fun. Overall I would rate the hotel and staff as excellent and the dive operation as good. I would definitely return; I would just be extra careful to make sure I was looking out for myself and my dive buddy while diving.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you have trouble with steps request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Randy V
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 July 2012

It was our first time in Puerto Galera 2 weeks ago.The staff are very accommodating and polite, they will assist from first day to the end.The food was pricey but delicious.Definitely i will use Marco Vincent when i come back for vacation.Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Aileen D
phil
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Although Marco Vincent is not infrnt of the beachc, i still like it since you will have privacy. not like if you stay infront of th beach, it's noisy. besides what's a little walk... The food in Aqua restaurant is so good....

They have excellent service. Their staffs are acommodating especially the ones in front desk and housekeeping. We are well attended. The room is spacious and they will clean your room everday, no need to request it, not like the other resorts in Puerto Galera.

Some resorts are misleading. if you see their resorts in the brochures or in the internet you think its beautiful but once you get there its not. Not with Marco Vincent. What you see is what you get....Money well spent

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family