“Excellent Hotel! Would definitely come back to this hotel. Very clean!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marco Vincent Dive Resort

Marco Vincent Dive Resort
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Hotel! Would definitely come back to this hotel. Very clean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

My fiance & I stayed here for 3 days when we visited the Philippines and we were very pleased! :) The room was very clean, the pool also looked amazing! It was just right in front of our room & we really enjoyed it especially in the morning whenever we're having our breakfast, the view is just so relaxing! Btw, the breakfast is awesome, i've already been to so many hotels here in Canada and the breakfast at Marco Vincent Resort is my Number 1 in the list! The food in the buffet that is by the pool was cooked perfectly every time! The Longanisa is the BEST! :)
Now the one thing that sets this resort above anything else is the front desk staff! Everyone was so helpful in every need that we had especially the beautiful girl who checked us in named Marriane. The Manager Miss Rizza is very nice and even called about an hour after we checked in to see how we liked our room which was very nice. Then the night before we checked out she gave us another call to see if he could help us arrange any special needs upon checking out!
The service at the resort was superb! Staff ~ very friendly and helpful. This hotel is my new favorite place to stay in Puerto Galera. I'll come back to this hotel and would bring the whole family next time. The guest service here is absolutely amazing and very personalized. If you book a stay here you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Lsjalos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I can never think of the most appropriate word to describe the experience provided by Marco Vincent Resort to my family. From the hotel room, to food, pool, staff, and amenities, everything was just so awesome! I've never seen such a cozy, peaceful, and attractive place for relaxation and quality time with my husband and baby, and fun times with nieces, and in-laws. From the very first day, the front desk, Marianne, greeted us with a genuine smile then offered complimentary drinks which made us feel very welcome. The manager, Rizza, made sure we have everything we needed to feel comfortable all the time, in and out of the hotel. The food attendants and housekeepers showed patience and kindness in performing their duties. I've felt sincerity and seen consistency in every employee. Everyone just made us feel at ease.

The location is a perfect one for a quiet place to rest. A little walk to get to the beach front would not hurt to witness the beauty of White Beach. Music, drinks, food, and friendly people added up fun to the night life in front of the Marco Vincent Divers and bars. Another thing that really made me feel special was the sunset cruise along the mesmerizing view of the beach then followed by a romantic dinner on an island. Rizza and the whole team made the cruise and dinner perfect! I wish I could also experience diving with the masters and capture the beauty underwater.

We even extended our stay for one more day for us to have more time to bond and feel closer while on a vacation. I would recommend it to my friends and other relatives. Indeed, one of the best gifts, superb getaway, by my husband was made possible at Marco Vincent Hotel and Resort. Thumbs up!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Cory V
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I am diving last 15 years and it was one of the best scuba vacations I ever had.

Hotel. Staff is very well trained and friendly. If any problems, resolved after you came back from diving. Amenities in a reasonably good shape for a tropical island. Seems like a best places in the area. Many thanks to Rizza (hotel manager) who build an excellent tram.
Food. Eat in the hotel. Different kind of food and personal is very responsive to your personal needs. They can arrange food in hotel or on the beach. Did try a several local places, does not worse it.

Diving. Dive master Warren and crew was an excellent. Every day something new, seems like he knows every corral in the area. Diving is very safe and service is very professional. Unfortunately after typhoon in November we did not have enough people to go to Verde Island but Puerto Galera area is interesting by itself. Hotel does not have direct shore access from the diving shop. No problems. Staff will move all your equipment to the beach or with a short drive they will launch a boat from nearby Marina. During entire week of diving we did not carry anything heavy, all was handled by the diving crew.

Dive shop is next to hotel. It has everything necessary with the exception of the photo room. I had to carry my camera and maintain it in the hotel room.

Underwater photography. Puerto Galera is very reach and diverse marine environment. Check out my pictures made on this trip: https://plus.google.com/photos/110061054982304076855/albums/5954816983850312369
Place is excellent for macro. Visibility was not always good enough for wide angle
House reef. Actually it is not a reef but sandy bottom. Good choice for a night dive. Very interesting. A lot of small creatures – check my pictures(link above) , 12 of those was made during this night dive.
Surrounding area. Cannot tell too much. We were happy diving, diving, diving.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Leon B
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Puerto Galera is contesting for the "Best Bay in the World" Award in 2020. Well, unless a major tsunami cleans the place up first, they might as well scrap their efforts...
I used to come to PG quite a lot some 15 years ago and at that time places like Sabang, Big and Small LaLaguna were already quite spoiled. But somehow they have managed to cramp even more hotels into non-existing spaces and even the previously unspoiled White Beach is now one long row of low effort, low class, low quality restaurants and guest houses (dont deserve the title hotel)...
Stayed at the MV resort which is (luckily) not on the beach but on a shabby side road so at least you have some peace and quite while the loudspeakers are blaring on the beach.
The resort imho is too expensive for what is offered but again, it is probably your best choice in White Beach. The dive shop area looks half finished/occupied but they bring you with a Jeepney to the pier where a nice yacht is waiting to bring you to the dive sites.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

My wife and I spent 2 nights and 3 days at this spotlessly clean resort from December 15-17. The accomodations were superb compared to anything in the immediate area. The staff was exceedingly friendly and hospitable. Moreover, they were very knowldgeable and were ever available to make calls and/or arrange ferry rides or book events.

We drove our car from Manila to the port at Batangas. There we boarded the ____ ferry and departed the port at 8:10 a.m. After a noisy ride because of a whiny, undisciplined brat, we arrived at Port Calapan at 10:40 a.m. We wanted to drive to Port Galera and see whatever sites there was to see. The trip was 56 kilometers.

We arrived in Puerto Galera after a few stops here and there, where we were warmly greeted. Our room was upgraded for free as the representative at the dock make several errors as to the departure area of the ferry. The first thing we noted was the high level of cleanliness. The entire area was spotless.

The room was large enough (see photos) and the bathroom had a full tub as well as a separate shower. Hot water was available.

If you're there to watch TV, forget it as the cable choices blow chunks.

White Sand Beach is about a 3 minute walk from the resort. It is rife with vendors hawking everything but their mother and sister (but maybe we missed that pitch). While they are indeed annoying, I have seen worse in Angeles City.

The beach leaves much to be desired in my opinion. It is good for swimming and the diving is apparently superb. There is volleyball as well. Of course, the boardwalk as it were is lined with souvenir shops, bars, eateries and tattoo joints.

Swimming is best done in the hotel pool which is big and exceptionally clean.

The one thing I did not like about the hotel was the lack of windows looking out towards the pool and beach. Rather, we had one facing the narrow road. It was pretty much worthless as far as I was concerned.

One of the better things we found to do was visit Xtrene Sports about a few km's down the road. The resort will arrange it for you but we went on oour own. For 999 pesos (about $25), one person gets 10 laps on 150cc go-carts, 3 laps in muddy terrain on an ATV, and 3 laps in a mud buggy. That was awesome!

Of note, if you have ever seen the picture on the cover of Lonely Planet, it is a picture of a yellow house on the beach in Puerto Galera.

We likely won't return again as there are better resorts closer and the ferry trips blow chunks.

Nevertheless, the resort is way above average and it is no fault of the owner, management or staff that the beach is what it is.

Room Tip: Avoid the Pirata Galera restaurant on White Beach. It looks great but the food is horrible.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I can't say enough praise about this hotel. The staff was extraordinary from the moment we (32 divers from California) walked in the door and they addressed each one of us personally by our names. That never happened to me before and I have worked in the travel industry for over 19 years! Wow, what personal service. Every morning we were greeted by each staff member by name. This place is immaculate too. From the daily early morning polishing of banisters to the constant attention to detail made this stay extremely comfortable. The wonderful owners, Mercy and Mel, were on property or on the dive boat with us the entire time we were there. No request went undone. When Mercy asked me the first day out on the boat what she could do to make my room more comfortable I remarked that I have light sensitivity and preferred darker curtains. When I returned to my room that afternoon I found that the curtains had been changed to a darker set. How nice is that? The staff was exemplary. Michelle and Nathan are a lovely team of hospitality management graduates who created beautiful lunch spreads with finesse equal to any catering professional worth their salt -- and they did it easily on a rapidly moving boat. There was a wonderful chef aboard every day who served barbecued meals that were to die for. The service was just fantastic. Anything request you desired they were more than happy to indulge us with and with their warm smiles. Our hotel staff did everything they could to make sure we were completely satisfied with everything you could imagine. The general manager, Lynn, was on the premises from the wee hours of the morning until way after dark. We wenr zip-linng with Mariane who made us feel so happy. she is a warm example of Philippine hospitality. Dedication to excellence is how I would describe this hotel staff. They are like family. The owners provide housing for their staff next to the dive shop so that it's like home for them. No wonder they are all so happy all the time. The dive masters were brilliant at their jobs though it's hard to call what they do "work" because they are so happy to dive with us. As a relatively new diver, my dive master Warren made sure I was completey safe and confident before he let me go on my own. He knew exactly where to show us each fascinating animal even if they were buried beneath the ocean floor. We divers and staff became fast friends and even FaceBook friends with our new found extended family. I could say more but this is getting to be a long review. find out for yourself how great this place is. I will jump at the chance to return to Marco Vincent Resort especially if it is arranged by Bamboo Reef, the dive shop where I got certified (located in San Francisco and Monterey, CA). Marco Vincent Resort is a place that beckons its guests to return often. I will be one of those returning guests for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Caroljoy0427
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I arrived at Muelle Port by public boat and transferred to hotel by aircond jeep for about 15 minutes. The moment we arrived hotel we were warmly welcome by hotel staff and till the time we checked out hotel, we felt great hospitality extended to us anywhere and anytime.
The room was not big, but it was clean and the mattress and blanket were comfortable and enabled us a good night sleep.
Amenities seemed short of something. Such as I found no drinking glass in room; perhaps everyone just drink bottled water and glasses are redundant. But right outside my room there was a distilled water dispenser which was very considerate to roomers.
I think the illumination in bathroom was not bright enough for me to read, it could be my personal problem. But when i mentioned to front desk about there were two big towels in bathroom only; and i found out two more big towels was placed in bathroom when we were out on beach. I could not help but praised their staff's attentive service.
Only thing I hope to see solution is the portion of the breakfast which was included in the room rate. An ordinary size of Omelette plus two pieces of toast may not be enough for mid-age or under customers.
We decided to do a sightseeing tour within Puerto Galera area. Hotel was able to provide a nice van and a guide for PhP2500 for four hours use.We went up to Ponderosa golf course enjoying panorama view and visited church and Sabang town. The trip made me know Puerto Galera better for the reference of my next trip back to here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple