“A pretty stop if you are passing through Puerto Galera”
Review of Tamaraw Waterfalls

Tamaraw Waterfalls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Right on the main road through PG, have your photo taken with the waterfalls as a backdrop. The waterfalls are quite high, but you can park right next to them on the main road for your photo opportunity. Not quite spectacular, but quite pretty all the same. There are a couple of market stalls just opposite, selling food, drinks and dresses.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Got excited to see the Tamaraw Falls. I rented a motorcycle (nego from Php600 to Php500) then hired a tourguide / driver (Php300), and rode for 30-45minutes to the said destination.

It was a relatively dangerous ride uphill and down.... at least for a first-time back-rider like me. Once we got there, I was like, THIS IS IT?!

Yes the place is nice, but I have seen better. The waterfalls is on one side of the bridge, you can't even approach for a swim, or a better photo op, to say the least. You could only stay on the bridge to take pictures. on the other side of the bridge is a man-made pool, which I did not bother to visit anymore, as I was exhausted from the ride, and a bit disappointed because no one could swim at the bottom of the falls. I mean... There's no point dipping into that pool, since you go the the falls to experience the FALLS, not the pool.

It was not worth the ride and the negotiation with the tour guide who was obviously trying to rip me off. I won of course... or so I thought... considering how disappointing the destination turned out to be.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I like this place very quite and very relaxing , I love the fresh air, the water from the water falls is so nice. From sabang it takes 40 minutes in car. The people their is so nice.

2  Thank sweet_romie
Reviewed 15 April 2014

On the way to Tukuran Falls, it's located along the highway. A nice waterfall but the pool doesn't look enticing. We didn't try swimming because of time constraint, but we wouldn't swim still, even if there is enough time.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The falls is beautiful, no doubt about it. But what disappointed us was that it's not the kind of falls you hike to and get to swim In. The falls is in the main road. And there's a man made pool on the other side of the road. My guess is that the water from the falls is used to fill that "pool". It also seemed like a tourist trap cos the tricycle drivers will rip you off with their "tour rates".