“Location, location, location”

Tamaraw Beach Resort
Mesa, Arizona
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stay in one of the huts on the beach. It is basic, that is true. But who needs more when you have the views you have? Everyone is friendly and helpful. Great place to kick back and relax. You are steps away from White Beach and all the restaurants there. We have been there twice in 6 months and I am sure will be back again in the spring. Check it out. BEAUTIFUL location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Arizona828

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Glossop, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Me and my family left Philippines 4 years ago, but time to time we still talk about Puerto gal era, and our favorite place is Tamaraw resort. We've been going there since I was pregnant now she's 13, everyone there are so nice to as we come twice a year, we like the place because it's a good price, quite, very relaxing and the staffs are very friendly. Every time I come I just text them were on the banka and place my order for lunch, and when we get there lunch is ready. I always bring friends and all of them comes back all the time. I miss Tamaraw very much, it's very homie specially now I'm in the cold weather country. But I'm sure one well all come back again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Ma P
Manila
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I chose Tamaraw Beach Resort primarily beacause it is located on the quieter Aninuan beach (as compared to White Beach). I was more convinced after reading the reviews here. As for my own experience....

Positive:
* the beach area, though more of pebbles and rocks, is clean
* it is indeed quiter on this side of Puerto Galera. Although, we came towards the end of peak season that made White Beach a bit peaceful as well.
* bed is comfortable to sleep in
* provided free shuttle service to the port (it was supposed to be FROM/to the port, but more on this later)

Negative:
* room is not well-kept. The inside of the closet is full of dust and there are even spider webs at the corner of some drawers. The bathroom mirror has water stains.
* food is pricey, but tastes average.
* service is really disappointing. (1) I called the resort when we were still inBatangas Pier. Tld the person at the other end that I have a reservation and would like to request for a pick-up at White Beach. She asked me where I am and then told me to just call again once we reached White Beach. When we got to White Beach, I called their the mobile numbers but to no avail. I think I gave up after 10 tries and just decided to take a tricycle to the resort. (2) On our second day, I asked reception if there are free shuttles to White Beach or Muelle Port...she said, "yes, upon checkout". I asked if there is a fixed schedule for the shuttle...she said, 12 noon (which I presume she only told me because it is the standard checkout time). I asked again if there is no earlier schedule--because we needed to check out by 9am, but had not told her yet--she said, "wala, di ko po alam". The funny thing is that when I settled our bill the following day, the same lady asked me if we need a shuttle to White Beach. I told her we are checking out at 9am to, which she replied OK. It seemed to me that she was just not in the mood to answer my questions properly the firt time I asked. Tsk, tsk. (3). Delivery of food for lunch/snack/dinner is slooowww. (4). When my boyfriend was having lunch in their restaurant, a couple of religious sisters entered the lobby carry stuff. Nobody even cared to approach them and offered help.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the upper floors if you want a great view of the water. If you want quick access to...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RoCheMD
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Room is small and water in the shower is scarce but it's airconditioned and price is okay good value, but not that great. it has pool which have an unusual shape. The beach in front of it is nice and clean in comparison with white beach which is always full of people. The problem is the transportation at night because from white beach you have to pay 100-200 pesos for the tricycle just to go back here.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank jetglenn
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 27 May 2013

if what you're after is relaxation and peace, then this is the place to stay in puerto galera. the beach is a lot cleaner compared to white beach and the rooms are well maintained. they have a pool area which is great for night time bonding with friends. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: get rooms at the upper floor. the view is great.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank hlim34
Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This resort is perfect for families with young kids. We had a blast spending our usual summer family getaway here in Aninuan...the best side compared to White Beach. The rooms were clean, well stocked and maintained. The reception was very considerate and gave us studio units at the ground level, very near their new infinity pool and the beach. All amenities described on their website proved accurate. We enjoyed the not so crowded beach through the resort/hotel was fully booked. The infinity pool was a welcome alternative to the beach esp at night. Be sure to wear your pair of aqua shoes though as the beach is pebbled (where the sand meets the surf). We went to their local market to buy the things that we need for cooking our meals since each of our four units have kitchenette w/complete utensils, etc. All in all, this resort is an ideal summer location and met our expectations!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Donivy
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We did a last minute booking for Tamaraw Beach Resort for my birthday. I have spent my past trips to the area at White Beach so it was new for me to spend above Php 1000 per head, but it was definitely a good investment.

The resort was more private - peaceful and not crowded.It's the best option for a quick, affordable, relaxed and do-nothing getaway. If you need a change of pace during your stay, you can always cross the rocks separating the two beaches (the safer option is to just walk on the main road - Don't take a trike, they will charge you about Php 50 - 100 pesos for a 15 minute walk).

My only issue was that the food was pricey and below average. The food service was also terribly slow. We finally got our food after about 30 minutes and they seem to have soaked their food in sea water - way too salty. We spoke to the manager about it. She was nice enough to take care of us and cross the dish off our bill.

I will definitely go back. It's not absolutely perfect, but we've developed a level of trust in their management. Next time around though, we'll make sure we have food from White Beach with us before 10 PM.

You can read this to know more about my stay - http://gagamgirl.tumblr.com/post/41691743325

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple