“perfect summer getaway”
Review of Buri Resort & Spa

Buri Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed in a 2-storey villa with a perfect view of the garden, pool and all the way to the sea channel. Nice, clean, good beds. The hotel has all the things you would want for a summer getaway. There is an awesome medium-sized infinity pool. Buri is in a secluded place and you can only reach it by private boat. The Puerto Galera beaches are 1-hour boat ride from Buri, where the famous Luca Restaurant is located (it's a must). The staff were all very accommodating, gave us bread for the fish to eat and good quality life vests when we went snorkeling. Perfect and indeed one of our best family vacations we have ever had!

Room Tip: Get the villa closest to the pool with sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank RLyndon B
There are newer reviews for Buri Resort & Spa

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Did not have the chance to submit a review when we had our vacation last year. But would really want to, since we had a fantastic time. The resort in itself is fabulous and refreshing place to have your vacation with family or friends. Staff were all courteous and nice. Everything we ordered were delicious. Although you have to ride a small boat to get to a beach where you can swim and snorkle but they have kayaks which guests can use & enjoy in front of the resort. Overall experience was great & will definitely come back & recommend Buri Resort & Spa to family & friends :)

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The first time I saw the resort, I fell in love with the place for the relaxing ambiance, with all the greenery surrounding the entire resort. The nice cool breeze…the trees…the garden….the pool…even the food served --- in its entirety, could be considered food for the weary spirit ---enough to rejuvenate and heal your entire being.
If you are looking for a place to really relax away from the stress of it all, Buri would be a very good choice --- even for couples who would want to spend quality time together while enjoying the beauty that nature has to offer. To top it off…they have very friendly and accommodating staff.
The only drawbacks would be…the beachfront area is not really recommended for swimming. The amount of steps going to the room is not wheelchair accessible or for people with limited mobility. And, as it is located on a different island, you would need to take a boat to get to Muelle, White Beach, or Sabang in case you would get bored.
Then again…who would even get bored with a place as soothing to the soul as Buri Resort?
Love the place!

P.S.
Not a first-timer as I've been to the same resort a couple of months before.

Room Tip: The garden room is great for couples and the pool villa can accommodate up to 5 people. Pick the one...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TheRoadWeTravel
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were looking for a place to relax and chill-out away from everyday stresses.
We found it and more!
The hotel arranged for minibus transfers from our previous hotel outside Manila and a private boat transfer direct to the resort. Bearing in mind this is the Philippines, this all went without a hitch. Transfer was about 2 hours from Manila and one and a half hours boat crossing. One of the charms of this resort is that it really is only accessible by boat and the transfer takes you directly there. Unfortunately the jetty had collapsed and whilst plans are being drawn-up to replace it, not sure when this might happen. As a consequence embarking/disembarking from the boat is onto the beach via a gang plank and the practicalities of this depended on the state of the tide; low tide was a problem. However, as we soon discovered this is no different to most of the other places of interest around the area.
Travelling as a group - three couples, one teenager and two young children must have made us a difficult client, but Helen and her team managed to provide excellent service.
The hotel is situated on a steep hillside and some of the rooms require a climb of some 300 steps - not for the faint-hearted but manageable for most. We were fortunate in that our garden room was probably the closest to the pool area. The bathroom was totally open-air. The room cleanliness was excellent and the beds comfortable.
The pool area and gardens are well tended and more than adequate size for the number of rooms.
The food in the hotel was good - breakfast was excellent - especially if crispy bacon and freshly baked bread are to your tastes
The hotel arranged a full suckling pig for us one night and offered market-fresh fish a number of times throughout our stay; even taking requests the night before someone was dispatched to the market. The staff made good cocktails and the wine selection was surprisingly good and reasonably priced for a hotel.
We secured the services of a local boatman recommended by the hotel and he was on call for us whenever we needed. (NB. A local sim card made this a lot easier) As we were out and about most days, the hotel provided picnic lunches, cool boxes drinks, towels and snorkeling gear each day. The food and drink obviously appeared on the bill, but everything else was complimentary.
All in all a great break away from everyday life.
We are already planning a return visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ExSandPit
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Buri has a special place in my heart and for a while, I've never even wanted to share it with other people that's why I'm reviewing it just now. We stayed here as a post Valentine, "newly engaged" couple's trip and my then fiancee and I fell in love with Buri so much so that we actually even wanted to get married there! It's the best place to stay in Mindoro/Puerto Galera. I cannot even get myself to associate Buri with Galera just because it's in an entirely other league of its own compared to what's in that area.

Buri is one of the most romantic places we've been to. We enjoyed our Buri Villa so much. The spa, while it's quite a hike, was also unforgettable since it was on top of everything and you'd be watching the sunset while getting a massage.

Not a lot of people know about this place but believe me when I say, it's totally worth it.

Room Tip: It's expensive but get the private transfers from Buri--the public ferry ride is so stressful!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kai111
Reviewed 11 April 2014

And I was back once more in this lovely place and believe me when I say, its unusual for someone like me to be back in one particular place more than two times in less than 1 year and I think the last was my third or fourth in a span of nine months -- yeah I love the place a lot! During my last overnight stay which is for me tantamount to an full weekend stay already considering my busy metro life, I came across the following reasons why I am sort of "magnetized" by Buri:

1. The place >> lovely and serene! Be prepared to be close to nature with all the greens and the turquoise waters :) A very peaceful place especially for those who are like me who appreciates quiet time more than party scene (not sure if this comes with age).

2. The people >> I told Helen (the manager) about how warm they're people are, all of them are just so nice, friendly and accommodating. They're not the resort's staff, but your friends. I'm not gonna pick nor highlight someone because all of them are the best in their own rights.

3. The massage >> one word to describe their massage "unparallelled". For someone who experienced quiet a number of massages not only in Phils but across Asia (and yeah Banyan Tree) Buri Massage is just at the top! Fun story, I came across a family enroute to Muelle who were staying in Buri as well and I told them not to miss the massage, lo and behold, when I went to their spa, it was the lovely couple i had a chanced upon the boat that morning and they thanked me for my advise and they will have the massage again the next day :)

4. The food >> gastronomic delight, you should not miss: Sinigang na Hipon, Grilled food (all of them), Basil-chilli Chicken, Veggie spring roll, Beef Tapa, Bacon and practically everything on the menu!!!

5. The Manager >> kudos to Helen! She's a warm, awesome and lovely manager -- no wonder it transcends to everyone in Buri :)

Thank you for taking time reading this review, dont waste your time thinking of whether or not you will stay in Buri, trust me when I say...there's more than what was written here...discover it yourself :)

To all the guys in Buri, see you in weeks time, cant wait to stay longer!!!

Room Tip: Get the pool family villa :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jui1216
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The resort is a boat ride from Muelle pier so it is a quiet resort away from the noise of White beach and Sabang. You can hear alot of birds and the occasional motorized bancas. Although the beach is so so, it has a very nice and adequate pool. Staff are nice esp. Chef Wesley and Jessa. We booked a pool villa and it was very spacious. However, the following renovations are needed to make it more excellent:
1. Plunge pool into jacuzzi
2. Door connecting the pool to the bathroom
3. Sun loungers at the plunge pool area
4. More ornaments for the sad looking 2nd floor bedroom
5. More taller plants or an improved fence to make the villas more private

My tip: Ask for the nearest villa because it is an uphill climb not fit for the elderly nor the disabled

Massage was excellent!