“Simply paradise!!!”
Review of Buri Resort & Spa

Buri Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Got married at buri in 2005 and my husband and I have been going back there ever since and even my son who is now 4 years old loves it there. Like I said at the top " It's SIMPLY PARADISE" Fantastic place to be to relax & enjoy the peace and tranquility of the surroundings, fantastic food and very friendly staff and service.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank wildchildUk

Reviewed 4 July 2010

The place is nice and quaint. but the compound is surprisingly small. There is no beach front. Worse of all, it is located in an "enclave" where sea does not stretches out but is blocked by some small hills, resulting in relatively stale air. The place is not as big as the photos. It is overpriced and there is not much to do at the resort, unless you want to pay 1,500p just to get to white beach.

But having said that, the staff are superb! always readily going beyond their call of duty to make you as comfortable as possible. they make an otherwise mediocre trip more meaningful.

Rooms are clean and air-conditioned - one big plus point (but again, no view except that of scrubs and trees, unlike in Coco beach, all deluxe room is guaranteed a sea front view)

Getting there, like everywhere in the philippines is a pain! we need to hire a private car to take us from manila to batangas and then haggle to get a boat ticket with FSL - FSL is horrible. delay, took 2 hours instead of 1 and over-crowded! very typical philippines practice with no regard for safety and lives.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank rhine29
Reviewed 10 March 2010

Recently had the pleasure of staying with the wonderful folks at the Buri Beach Resort. I found this place to be great place to relax and unwind. While it's no 5-star hotel, the service is second-to-none and you are well taken care of at this resort. It is small but the staff do a great job of making you feel like you are somebody, not like other large resorts.

The food was outstanding!! And it's a good thing because you have to take a boat taxi to eat any other place. They have a great little pool,,,2 actually, no beach to speak of so if you came to swim or hang out on the beach, it is better you go to Sunset Beach. But do stay here at night and visit the other beach during the day.

We had a wonderful couples massage at the top of the hill. It is quite a climb so if you are not in reasonably fair shape you may want to skip climbing to the top. It does however offer a fantastic but limited view. I actually had another massage session the next night to address a specific problem with my lower back and neck, the therapist managed to help with her "gifted" hands. A true professional! Truly a world class therapist. That alone was worth the entire trip.

We did experience some minor problems (water pump noise and some power outages), minor for us, and the manager did offer to board us in another hotel. But after visiting the other location, we chose to stay and overlook the noise of the water pump at the back of our cottage. It really was not that bad while the A/C was on, and we had our laptop music going. There are always power outages in the Philippines no matter where you go. The generators came on quickly and no problems there. The manager sent me an e-mail after my return home to ensure me the problems we experienced had already been fixed.

The beds are 5-star! And the pillows! A great night's sleep.

The bathroom and shower area of our cottage was strange if you are shy,,, you had to pull two panels (not attached to the door opening) together if you want some privacy. The shower is not where anyone can see, but the sink and the mirror are just there in the open. They have a full size bath tub sitting outside. Nice for a midnight dip.

Each cottage has some degree of privacy with its own gate.

Overall a very very nice find in Puerto Galera. Most of the folks that come here visit for the diving,, this is no dive resort, it is a fantastic little gem compared to what we saw in Sabang.

I would stay here every time I go to Puerto Galera.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jo-Bob_Bob-Bob
Reviewed 16 December 2009

We didn't have a good start. We hired the resort van and specifically told them there were 7 of us. The van that came was for 6 persons. 1 of us had to sit in the middle of a seat for 5 hours. (Journey was supposed to be an hour +, but there was a massive jam).
However once we arrived at the resort, we forgot all about our previous unhappiness. The place was awesome. The beautiful beach, the attractive tropical villas, the shimmering pools and the scenic surrounding were breathtaking.
The spa was located at the highest point of the resort. I was panting so hard when I arrived there, but then, the quiet and sceic surroundings make it worth the while. However, the lightings at that area were minimal, thus it was quite dangerous to climb the steps at night. We expressed our concerns to the spa staffs, and were quite happy when they arranged for a security guide to bring a torch light and accompany us back to our villa.
Overall it was a satisfactory trip, the only set back was the slowness of service in the restaurant. We had to wait > 30mins for most of our meals even though there was only 1 (or the most 2) table(s) being served. We also realised when ordering our food, don't deviate from the standard menu. Just stick to what they list there.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank LimSN
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Really happy I found this resort on the internet! Had a wonderful three days with my wife snorkeling, eating a lot and spoiling ourselves with a lot of great spa treatments..Truely the best place to stay in Puerto if you want something a little (or lot) more luxurious, intimate & private than the other PG resorts.. I really recommend you do a picknick lunch on one of the many little nearby beaches! Great find!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JumperPasigCity
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I go here atleast 2x a year... although going to Mindoro may be a hassle for some people, this place is deffinitely worth it. Think of it this way, I would go through the drive to Batangas and boat trip because this place is simply worth it.

The ambiance is simply relaxing. It's always been my mini paradise if I want to relax and unwind, Buri is really the place to go. ---It also ads that their beds are one of the best I've ever slept on.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank gel0530
Reviewed 28 July 2009

One of the best resorts I have seen in the Philippines. Unique in its style and settings. For rest and relaxation you cant go wrong with this resort. Great villas, awesome pools, great food, excellent staff. Very well maintained and landscaped.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family