Sunset at Aninuan Beach Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$187
US$166
US$86
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Badladz Dive Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$38
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Lalaguna Villas(Puerto Galera)
US$117
US$93
  • Pool
Badladz Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$50
US$131
US$114
Agoda.com
Papa Fred's Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$40
  • Beachfront
Steps Garden Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$32
  • Pool
Montani Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$20
  • Pool
Blue Ribbon Dive Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$34
  • Pool
All reviewswhite beachbeach toysaninuan beachsound of the wavesrelaxing weekenddive shopbeach frontnew buildinglounge chairsbottled waterbatangas pierquiet beachbanana boatscuba divingmangowater activitiesprivate boat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2011

My family stayed at Sunset for two nights, after reading all the fantastic reviews here. We had booked a family room in the old wing but were upgraded to the new wing on arrival bc there were a large group of guests staying in the old wing and they were concerned it would be too noisy for us!! The rooms in the new wing are fantastic, complete with all the amneties, a flatscreen LCD tv, airconditioning, balcony, sunbed, hammock, and a view of the ocean that is just to die for. My cousins and I had so much fun splashing in their brand new swimming pool, using their free wi-fi, paddling out in their canoes and drinking their super yummy mango shake!

There aren't enough words to describe how amazing the staff are at the resort. Lexy the manager made us all feel so welcome, she really takes the time to talk to the guests and get to know them. I even scored a free martini ;) Lez, the man behind the bar and manages all the bookings is heaven sent. He answered all my emails when making my reservation and he really made us all feel like more than just "guests". The waitresses, chefs and housekeeping staff are all so lovely and accommodating to each and every one of our requests. I've never met a group of people more down to earth than the staff at Sunset, they really made our stay unforgettable :)

What more can I say… the food is delicious!! We tried almost everything ;) The whole resort is charming and clean and the little details made our time there all the more special. We took a walk to White Beach but it really didn't compare to the beauty of Sunset... where you get the most spectacular view of the sunset every afternoon!! There is absolutely no need to leave the resort bc there you'll feel nothing but peace, serenity, seclusion and like you're in total paradise!!!

Thanks again to Lexy, Lez and the Sunset team, i'll definitely be coming back next year :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2011

My wife her mother, brother, nephew and I spent 5 wonderful days at Aninuan Sunset. Having traveled extensively in the Philippines I was not expecting the level of service that we received. Much more expensive resorts in Boracay do not compare to the quality of staff at Aninuan. The meals alway arrive together never have the mistakes that one is accustom to in the Philippines. If the sun moves and lands on your foot, someone will adjust your beach umbrella to block it. When you step out of the water there is a towel being handed to you. It was very hard to leave.

Lexy the owner is a pleasure to be with. She took us for hikes in the mountains to waterfalls and to Subang for dinner and dancing. We sat with her and watched the awesome sunset everynight. While their I upgraded to Advanced Class Scuba right at the resort. Lexy even loaned me flippers that I forgot.

Until next time.

1  Thank LeyteJim
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I was excited about our trip to Sunset because of the great reviews here in TripAdvisor. We were only able to stay overnight because of their full accommodations the day before. When we arrived we were so mesmerized by the place. I can easily say that this is the best looking resort that my family and I had the pleasure of staying in Puerto Galera so far. In terms of service, it was excellent. The staff observe what their guests' needs are and catered to us even without us asking. The rooms that we stayed in was simple yet very charming. Even their bathroom was cutely designed. We greatly appreciated the free use of canoes, snorkeling masks, table football, table tennis, and billiard table. Kudos to Ms. Lexy for making such a wonderful resort! :)

Room Tip: Reserve weeks before to get the rooms you want.
1  Thank chinadoll_tin
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Sunset at Aninuan Beach Resort... really getting away from it all. After the noise of the city, after the hustle of a crowded bus and a ferry that just took too long to depart, Sunset gives you a sudden feeling of calmness just as you step off the vessel.

The reviews you read here previous to this one are accurate. The friendly, courteous and attentive but unobtrusive staff. The clean surroundings. The comfortable lounging beachside furniture. A place with a certain character, a certain air. Of quiet. Of tranquility.

And of course the breathtaking sunset view. Stress reducing... pulse slowing... relaxing the mind and reducing muscle tension... I'd swear my blood pressure dropped several points... It's like taking a vacation within a vacation.

1  Thank larrydlp
Reviewed 13 May 2011

My husband and I stayed here at this beach resort and found it to be so relaxing and so customer service oriented. We were catered to in every way, from hammock retrieval (I fell out) was immedicately scooped up, service with food or drink, towels, and quests were quiet. We would stay here in a heartbeat. We were met with the hostess right off the ferry and escorted to our room quickly. It was great!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple