“Simply amazing”

Sunset at Aninuan Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Stayed 2 nights here and enjoyed our stay. So if you are looking for a peaceful, relaxing, family friendly resort away from the hustle and bustle then the Aninuan is the resort for you when staying in Puerto Galera. We love the resort and the customer service that we had during our stay.

Good Job to Lez and all the staff who are friendly and always welcoming!

4  Thank ImStar20

Reviewed 19 May 2013

My husband and I, along with our two daughters had an enjoyable stay at the Superior Suite on the 3rd Floor of this serene resort. The room is modernly designed, sheets and linen are odorless and the bathroom is clean. But all these are secondary to the great service provided by the staff led by Ms. Shirley as they attend to your needs with their genuine smiles and care. Though our first time to visit Puerto Galera, we won't regret choosing the same resort on our next visit.

2  Thank CaringMama
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I was there with my family, honeymoon suite, 2 kids, perfect. My kids reduced the mango stock on the island, not just there and my wife and me tried these drinks in the hammock. Lez the manager, mr cool, leans behind the bar and the staff is always there for you, always on the periphery just about right. We stayed for 4 nights and went diving every day. Edgar the instructor is another original, mr Cool Nr 2. Try the Philippine breaks, the tocino if you dare and wash it down with a San Miguel light. Whilst the kitchen is very good there is plenty of choice there for 100 pesos a tuk tuk will take you to Lucas Italian restaurant, another original, run by an Italian...

Te evenings in the hotel are superbe watch the sun go down with a bottle of beer or the house sunset drink you will love it and your wife will appreciate this romantic setting too!!

All in all a fantastic experience in all aspects. I will go there again.

3  Thank falk0
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed 4 nights here in a Junior Suite and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. There are no bells and whistles with this hotel just a clean, comfortable and very quiet resort with great service. Is also a private resort so only guests are allowed which may or may not be good for some but was fine by me. Arrived via Batangas City direct to the beach front at the Hotel which was great and check in was quick and event free.

Hotel itself is located about 10 mins walk from White beach which is the main area for restaurants, bars on this side of the Island

Rooms are quite basic but they work, my room had large balcony with ocean views with large double reclining couch and the views were great at any time of the day. (Awesome sunsets)Bathroom had small basin and shower/Bath with removable wash head. Small fridge and another couch near the bed and one cupboard for clothes storage. Some addition cane tubs for clothing underneath the TV

There is a nice pool with ample deck chairs, also lots of neat couches and sofas etc along the front of the resort all overlooking the ocean to which you have direct access to the beach.
There is a small gym and common area with pool table and sofas for relaxation also. I did not use the gym instead using a small gym in Puerto Galera town about 10-15mins by scooter away

Breakfast was included in my rate and was a nice mix of continental and hot selections. I had the English breakfast daily which was ample and accompanied but a lovely banana smoothie. I ate dinner only once here choosing instead to eat at White Beach or Satang which is about 20 minutes away by scooter.

Resort has its own Dive shop where you can hire snorkel gear or arrange escorted dive tours if you want. Price was affordable and on comparison with most of the Dive shops in Sabang where 95% of the dive tours leave from.

All in all I enjoyed my stay here so if you are seeking a peaceful, relaxing, family friendly resort away from the hustle and bustle then the Aninuan is the resort for you when staying in Puerto Galera. If on the other hand you are on the Island purely for diving and partying then I suggest Sabang but for me I would return to this resort.
Big plug also to Lez a great guy and host and all the staff who are friendly and always welcoming!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Derek1971
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Booking a weekend getaway on short notice these days is almost impossible to none. I was planning to have some family time in the beach, somewhere not so far from manila, a place with a decent shoreline, amenities where the kids could exhaust their energy and an accommodation that would be at least tasteful. Since the places I wanted to go to were all filled up from the summer rush, after hours of dismay I had to take some chances and found myself looking for a place where previous experiences tells me to avoid… Puerto Galera! It was already Thursday night when I called SUNSET AT ANINUAN Beach Resort in the hopes of finding a vacancy, luck was with me when the pleasant lady on the other end of the line told me there’s 1 Family Room left, and so I had it reserved. The pleasant lady was apparently the Resort Manager, Ms, Shirley. Details given to me on how to go about with the reservation and getting to the resort was pretty clear.

Saturday came and we’re bustling our way to the chaos of Batangas City Port, the advise and a thoughtful text of Ms Shirley and Lez made everything easier. At this point though I was still a bit skeptical on what awaits us, until we finally set foot on the Resort’s beach front. It wasn’t crowded at all, unlike the one over at white beach. The staff was very pleasant, Ms. Shirley welcomed me as if we’ve known each other and from the moment we got there I knew we’re going to have a great time.

The room was clean and decent, there’s a lot to do with the kids. We had several water activities enjoyed both the beach and the pool, played some billiards, table tennis, some volley ball. There are spots around the resort where we could just enjoy the sun, relax and hangout. Although the menu was a bit limited, the food was generally good. All in all the experience we had with the place was definitely fun and memorable.

SUNSET at ANINUAN BEACH RESORT is a place that gave back the excitement I had with Mindoro once before. Cheers to the owner and staff!!! Keep up the good standard!! I’ll definitely come again!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

Went here from April 20 - 21 and had the best experience in hotel accommodation. Wanted to stay longer because the place itself is very addicting (the kayak, the snorkling, the volleyball, the pingpong, the billards, the pool). You really feel like you are in a very private place. Also, the staff here treats all the guests with a smile, very very attentive staff and we were greeted upon arriving. Was oriented by the friendly manager and got into our rooms, which are exceptionally clean - nothing to complain there.

Night time came and we went to the white beach. A little bit of walking and we got to the noisy part of the beach. After all the drinking and partying, we decided to continue our drinking sesh at the hotel. And upon arriving, you can already sense the difference in the noise level. What i like best is you can go to the beach naked and no one will notice.

They also booked our boat going back to batangas port. Cant express how happy i am staying in this hotel.

If i will go back to puerto galera, i will definitely stay again at this place.

Kudos to the owner and the staff for a job well done.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank KarlGorospe
Reviewed 20 April 2013

My Family had a great time here.
All the staffs are very friendly, kind and accomodating.
The room was spacious for 4person which is very good. clean and great sea view.
Quiet resort... which is i really loved because theres no vendor disturbance!
But then my husband and i are a bit dissapointed about the food or meal cost as we all along thought that food here will be cheap since the place is considered as a province area,but it end up that its a bit over- price even though the quality of food are not really attractive for us.
Over all. We still love the resort and the customer service that we had during our stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family