“great weekend!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Quezon City
“great weekend!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Thank You so much Ms. genny and staff! You made our team bonding memorable. Oceana is the best, very relaxing, sound of waves soothing, good food, great service! I love Oceana! see you again soon!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Anne C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I have been to Oceana Beach Resort countless of times and every time I go there, the place gives me a serene and peaceful feeling. Being in the opposite of White Beach, the resort offers privacy and safety to tourists.

I especially commend the warmth of the owner and his staff. I also love it that they have many recreational facilities such as kayak, freshwater pool, billiards, pool, basketball courts, etc. to keep me and my company entertained.

Breakfasts here are fantastic. The slow-cooked / grilled porkloin is also delicious, very tender.

Of course, Puerto Galera is known for its underwater attractions. The coral garden in Muelle Bay is only 15-minutes away from Oceana.

Oceana Beach Resort is located in Dulangan Beach, far from Sabang and White Beach. The beach is clean and private.

Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: For families travelling together, the pension house is the nicest. It has a veranda fronting the bea...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kayesale
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

Under new management but it's really relaxing and very quite We really want to come back here again and stay. Beautiful people.....We recommend it to all our friends all over the world!!!Go Oceana We'll see you all Cristmas Time!!! Love it Love it...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank ellesingapore
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

Place: 20 minutes away from Muelle port, 25 minutes away from the hub of White Beach life and 25 minutes away from the bustling night life of Sabang, Oceana Beach Resort is an almost perfect get-away. though the resort was undergoing a lot of renovations, noise was so minimal it did not disturb the peace and quite we sought from the hustle and bustle of everyday city life. the lawns were landscaped and carpeted with lush greenery (a little trimming might do some good though). pool was not that big but it served its purpose without a hitch so we had much fun using it. the deck chairs were comfortable especially for reading or just lazing around or having your suntan. we also enjoyed having our suntan at the sandy volley court with comfortable deck chairs while reading or just gazing at the ocean or passing small bancas.

there was also a mini library where you can borrow books during your stay, a lounge area with big sofa chairs where you can sit and relax and sip a cold drink from a wide choice of cocktail drinks from their mini bar.

Rooms: the cottage was spacious for two PAX though air-conditioning unit was a little on the old side and can emit a not-so pleasant noise. the small balcony was a perfect place to relax during the night where you can see the glimmering lights from the civilization of the other islands and the bobbing lights from the fishing boats, not to mention fishing trawlers. we also enjoyed a cable TV, the comfort of a big bed and lots and lots of pillows and the room had its own hot and cold shower.

Service: nothing beats Oceana in terms of services rendered. what service they can offer, they do it first class with you in mind. super great service especially given by the new owner Mr. Michael Cha and his resort manager Jenny Latap. so with Jenny's assistants Kat-kat and Rizza. personal accommodation given was really amazing.

Food: choices can be found in their menu and you can ask them for specially prepared food to your own specification. Michael and Jenny can go out of their way to cook for you personally with whatever your requests are.

Equipment: my partner loved playing table tennis with Michael who remained unbeaten until the time we said our goodbyes. beach volleyball was available. there were also two kayaks, one for double and one for single use. we enjoyed using the kayak exploring the coast and finding a good place to snorkel. Jenny can also arrange diving and snorkeling activities with only minimal fees as what she did with us.

hopefully by the end of the year that badminton court/basketball court which was halfway into construction will be operational.

Beachfront: though a little rocky, we had a great time swimming during high tides as then the sand along the beach was covered by the water so we get to stand on it instead of the rocks from further down deep. but there's a good sandy beach a hundred or so yards away from the resort which was isolated and great for swimming.

a little improvement on their infrastructures, amenities and with additional equipment, Oceana Beach Resort will go a long way.

CHEERS to Michael and Jenny who really made our stay very comfortable and enjoyable. this really is a place you can call a home away from home.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hazool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

My boyfriend and I planned to go to Puerto Galera. I was looking for a relaxing place near the beach, and I found this place via Tripadvisor. Our schedule was hectic, we had to visit his cousin near Baco near Calapan and 2 days after we had to go White Beach so I was looking for a resort between these locations before going to White Beach. Then I found this resort through Tripadvisor. I contacted this resort and Ms Jenny was very helpful. She was even concerned to text me asking where I was because at 2pm we were still on the road. When we arrived, welcome drinks were served and immediately showed us the room. The resort was very nice, Ms Jenny introduced us to the owner of the resort..they were very hospitable. It was like a second home from us! The place and the room were very clean. There's no tv in the room but it was fine because overall we enjoyed every minute of our stay. They even showed us the beach front cottages. As for our complimentary breakfast, they informed us that they are going to serve bangus and tocino..so I was expecting just a small portion of tocino and a small bangus..but no I was totally wrong, they served the biggest bangus I ever seen! Tocino, rice and egg..that type of serving was actually brunch for me :) My boyfriend fell in love with this place, this resort is a must try!! My boyfriend said that we can't go to Puerto Galera without visiting Ms Jenny and staying at Oceana! This place is already included in our next trip to Mindoro. We will try the beachfront cottage and hopefully their spa service! I strongly recommend this resort for couples,families and group of friends that are looking for some quality time and a relaxing ambiance!!thank you so much Ms Jenny :)

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank Rica T
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

We stayed overnight at the resort's beach front cottage. I was with my husband and two little kids. Perfect service, beatiful resort! I would have given the resort a perfect rating had our room been equipped with a television and wifi coverage (although there was wifi coverage in the dining and pool areas). Still, overall, we very much enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back with our friends! :-) For a more detailed review and to view several pictures, you can go to http://www.graceinfullmeasure.com/2011/03/oceana-beach-resort.html.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank GraceInFullMeasure
Gold Coast, Aust
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

We loved the family beach cottages right on the ocean. They were nice a clean with a great Pilipino style to make you relax. The kids loved being able to walk out the door to play on the beach or have a swim in the pool. Us adults enjoyed the hospitality, great bar selection and wonderful spa experiences. The staff were excellent and catered for all our family dietary needs.
We will be returning to this value for money resort with class.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family