“eXCellent place ( home stay )”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palawan Island
Malapacao Private Island
Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
“eXCellent place ( home stay )”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Last Dec 2012. I was there with my wife. We enjoyed the place very much. Food was of my choice. Owner did not allow us to get bored any day. We enjoyed day boat trip, Kayaking, Snorkeling, Swimming, Massage, Mud massage, Raw Food. One must visit there, without any say. Staff and Owner of the island are very good and helpful. We would like to visit and stay there again. Earlier we were scared after reading anti reports on internet. Thankfully, all reports seems biased. Leeann has become good friend of me. Our stay totally detoxed mind, body and soul.

Room Tip: All cottages are sea view.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank indianvegan

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed here for a month and found it quite scary and in the end persuaded one of the staff to take me to another island - Leann was not allowing me to leave and kept all my possessions and money. It was the most scary experience of my life - she was practising medical trials without knowledge or qualifications and uses her guests as experiments. She basically held me hostage there and it was frightening. The staff and island are wonderful but Leann Cruz is an absolute danger, she sexually molested guests, oppressed her staff and used the isolation of the island (and the fact that only she can control you leaving the island) as leverage. Please please stay away

• Stayed July 2011
74 Thank Justgivingthetruth

Travellers are raving about these Palawan Island hotels

Hiratsuka, Japan
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Me and my wife visited Malapacao island in october 2011. It was very interesting experience. We did not look for a detox vacation, but when I found information about this place in interent, we decided that we definetly should visit it, because always interested in healthy life style.
The owner of the island (her name is Leeann), very nice woman, treated us with warmth and care. Almost everyday we went on boat trips or snorkeling. Lian longtime resident of El Nido, so she knows all the most interesting and beautiful places to visit. She also knows the time of the main influx of tourists during the day, so we were able to visit all the main sights of nearly alone (but you should be ready to wake up early). She acts as a naturopath. And she encourage her visitors for a deep detoxification programm. But she never forced you to do something you would not like to do. It is absolutly not a problem to say "hey Leann I dont want to do it"!And one more thing, that I think people should be notified, that she is a naturalist and used to walk naked. She offered us to go naked too, but never forced us to do it. So if you're shy nudity, keep in mind this fact before you arrive
Accommodation on the island in a very cute and eco-bungalows. Our was called "life" and was located on the edge of the beach, away from the main buildings. It was so cute and very simple house with just two walls (the other two walls can be covered with shutters, in the case of inclement weather). Therefore there is a feeling of complete oneness with nature. The house was equipped with shower, toilet and hammock. Bed covered with a canopy (protection against insects). Electricity was only for a few hours a day. Very eco-friendly and romantic atmosphere. Cuisune on the island is vegetarian. And, honestly, sometimes I missed a good chunk of meat or seafood dish. But anyway it was very nice experience.
So as a conclusion, I can tell you that if you enjoy a healthy life and nature, if you are not afraid of a little ascetic way of life, or if you would like to briefly escape from "pesky fruits" of civilization, or improve your health - it is a perfectly attuned place.
But if you are looking for glamor and all the comforts of civilization (which are absolutely not a bad things) - you better look for another place. Otherwise you risk to spoil your impression about the vacation and create an erroneous impression about the place in other people, leaving negative feedback.

I am not from english speaking country, so I apologize for possible mistakes in my post.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank AlexDeLight
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Malapacao Retreat is locatred in one of the most beautiful places in the world. It was a great experience for me. I learn so many things with Leann about healthy life style and I had the chance to relax and enjoy my holidays there. It was a great experience.

Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Celia B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I visited Malapacao island, and stayed their for 3 weeks. It was my husband's birthday present for my 40th.

When I arrived to the island, a beautiful natural lady welcomed me. Her name was Leeann.
I found her very disciplined and strict, but at the same time very kind and helpful. She was a good a listener.

I came to the island to detox mentally (a sort of de-stress from my business), and at the same time I'd had enough of disgusting food; chocolates, cakes, supermarket food etc.

When I landed in this island I thought it was paradise. This is what I always wanted, to go to an island where there were no advertisements for any kind of food or drink. And no temptations. This allowed me to detox completely (mind and body).

I was taught how to prepare and eat all kinds of raw food. A fascinating experience.

It was nice to walk around with only a bikini. I felt free. Besides, I didn't see any men on the island because I chose the season where only women are allowed.

The staff looked after me well. They massaged my feet and pampered me all day long. When I rested on the beach they always came and put flowers on the sand around me.

A very pleasant stay. I highly recommend this trip to anyone that wants to get away from it all.

Helen from London, UK

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
10 Thank Helen S
Ammersbek, Germany
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Malapacao Retreat was closed down by the government due to unhygienic conditions but owner keeps operating. She changed the name of the retreat and has falsely written e-mails to us ending with "Margie Pasco". Once we arrived, she told us, she is in trouble with the government and that her real name was Leeann Cruz. She claims to be a naturopath but has no qualifications. The detox programs are dangerous in my eyes, there is no protein provided which can be very dangerous for a person (muscles weaken etc). The hygienic circumstances are not good at all. I found many actions of the owner disgusting (being nude when eating with us, sticking her fingers deep down her throat and then back into OUR food, the flea infested dogs scratching right next to us eating dinner etc.) The toilet had a dirty old used brush to clean yourself with and we were told that we shouldn't use toilet paper. Dishes can't be cleaned properly, as there is no hot water on the island. The owner was a bit touchy for my taste, also her skin is open in many places and I wonder what kind of disease that is. It put me off a lot. She also practices urine therapy (drinking it and washing herself with it) and she was drinking it out of the plastic glasses we were given to drink our "healthy" cocktails from. The raw food is only a small variety, not good for your body to miss out on so many minerals, carbs and proteins. I had stomach problems but was told that it's normal to go to the toilet (number two) at least 5-6 times a day. (I don't think that's normal!!!)
If you are after a detox: Look for someone legal and with qualifications and a place that is clean where you don't need to fear to contract diseases.
If you are after a relaxing island experience: choose another island! There is loads of them.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
54 Thank Globeriders
Fremantle, Australia
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We were in Malapacao island in november 2011. This is not really a resort where you eat good raw food. The owner has limited products (no seeds or nuts) and her activity is not really based on the raw food but more on the detox (only liquids, green juices, coal juices, etc.). People shouldn t go there for the raw food as it is still at the level of experiment with very limited products found mostly on the island. The meals are not very well balanced. When a resort advertises for a raw food retreat, it needs to be more prepared for this kind of customer who wants to eat healthy food....or then just refuse to accept people wanting to do the raw food, and only accept the people wanting to have a detox. People actually go there to loose weight, but it is not pleasant as it is a radical change of alimentation, so think about it before paying this amount of money, it won t be the vacation like you would dream it would be.

We were a bit disappointed because we always felt bad energy in the air since the owner always had to give a comment on everything you do and she s very present during your whole stay. You should also know that this is a nudist island. We had nothing against that until we felt pressure to be naked ourselves. The owner made us feel guilty to wear our bathingsuites in the jacuzzi while all the staff and herself were walking around and passing by it.

The price for the general experience and for the food is too high.

On the good side, we appreciated the feeling of being disconnected with the world, we really got to do a retreat. The cabins were really nicely done and ecological. Everything was very clean and new flowers everyday on our porch was very much appreciated. The filippino staff was extremely nice and polite. And the island in itself is amazingly beautiful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple