Dolarog Beach Resort
US$541
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewstable tennisresort staffricekieparadisekayakbilliardsfisheslagen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have spent amazing 4 days in Dolarog!

After travelling around Philippines and visiting few places on Palawan we decided to take a rest in this little paradise away from any town or village. The hotel is situated near Dolarog Beach at the shore where you may get only by boat. A charming scenery of the resort and its surroundings is breathtaking!

ACCOMODATION
We were located in a standard detached cottage ~20m from the beach. The room was very spacious, nice and cozy with a huge king-size bed from which you might admire astonishing view on the bay. There was no air-condition but the fan. It was enough for heat lovers. Bathroom was nice and clean with one wall made of boulders - by the shower. In the front of the cottage we had two seats with a small table for afternoon relax and a hammock where you might lay and listen to whole bunch of nature voices surrounding you.
The hours of available electricity were not bothering too much if somebody doesn’t need to use a computer all the time or charge cameras, mobiles etc. so often.
During rainy day some ants wanted to get into the cottage but an ordinary bug repellant was good enough to set a line which they couldn’t cross :) For future - it’s really helpful to have one with you.

STAFF
The staff members were very friendly, helpful and competence. Nothing disappointing.

FOOD
Each meal was served to the table. For breakfast we might choose between European breakfast and Asian delights. Lunch was always packed for us to take with to the boat trip (sandwiches, fruits, drinks). The dinner was the best part. We got several dishes to choose from including soup, oysters, fishes, exotic vegetables and dessert at the finish. The dinner was served after dark so some candles and torches made the atmosphere magical.

EXCURSIONS
Each day of our stay we could choose one island hopping excursion included in the price. We got a packed lunch for our trip, snorkeling equipment and a nice guide with us :) We could admire amazing sea life under the water and blue lagoons in unbelievably crystal tones.

It’s a place just for leisure – best for relax on the beach or hammock, taking part in beautiful boat trips, eating well and spending time (the best choice - with your second half).
When somebody is not that stiff but open minded will definitely appreciate this place!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler_Firefly
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I am thankful for the nice reception of the resort. Edo and his staff are all welcoming, nice and helpful. I was happy with the overall cleanliness of the resort thought some guest who might be so critical might not agree. Electricity is limited because the supply is only due to generator set own by the resort. This is the norm in El Nido.

There is a monkey in the resort and is mischievious! Do not let your stuff lay around... the monkey will really be tempted.

The food served are fresh & tasted good. The beds are clean but could use some replacement soon. The bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious and clean. I suggest you still bring bug repellants.

Be prepared to hear Nature at night... tuk-koo will be a constant "background music". You'll get used to it, I loved it!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Having read the various reviews here on trip advisor we booked to stay at Dolarog with a little trepidation. We needn't have worried....From the moment we arrived our stay was punctuated with smiling willingness and competency. One should remember that nothing happens too promptly in The Philippines and isn't that the joy of stepping out of the rat race for a vacation? I do believe previous reviews must have been taken on board by the resort because we saw no evidence of the poor experiences by former guests. The food was of good quality. Various options were available for breakfast , all very pleasant and although dinner was a fixed menu there was an ample amount of food and a good variety on the three nights we stayed. The bungalows were clean, modern and airy with ceiling fans and plenty of access to window vents.
Island tours were inclusive of our stay as were rental of snorkelling equipment including fins. The crew on the boats were knowledgable of the area and happy to oblige with longer or less time at venues as requested.
We had an amazing massage ....best ever. Well over an hour and every muscle group worked on - only P600.
Dolarog is set in a beautiful location 20 mins by boat from Coron Coron beach. Telephone the resort on your arrival into El Nido to ensure you are waiting in the correct location for their boatman to find you, then your transfer will be straight forward.
The peace and tranquility of the resort is mirrored by the calm, gentle approach by all the staff. No sign of a grumpy manager during our stay.
The Fearies, Bristol, UK

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Fearies
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

When reading the many bad reviews, and since we could not find any better available option, I thought: "how bad can u go with a $250 (!!!!!) a night..?".

The location is absolutely amazing. Can't think of a better way to describe it.
Rooms decent at most.
Staff are very nice warm and greeting, although I have to add (unfortunately) incompetent.

Attention - Food is by far the worst I have ever had and it is not a joke as the place is remote and literally with no other option for food.

It is safe to say that the hotel is highly over priced.

Our theory (and I really hope the owner is reading...) is basically that the resort is just poorly managed holding only due to lack of options.
It is a shame because an energized professional manager and a reasonable cook is all needed to make our stay from terrible to excellent.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Yuval S
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The Garden room was dark and humidit. Very big but very spacious. No water between 10-4 am.( couldn't have a shower after the beach)
A similar room another hotel would be around 700 pesos.
Even though it was so big, the resorts answer to my request for an extra bed for my daughter in the room was refused.
Wonderful garden and wonderful view.
The only nice person was the massage and housekeeper. The owner was grumbly and unpolite, the staff was arguing with the guests, if they even understood what one was trying to explain to them. The owner told me "don't ask them they don't understand anything"
Information on website was not the reality.
You get an island hopping when you stay more than one night, it said. Actually you can join as many as you want, which would have been nice to know.
The website say that you can be transported by boat when ever you want, latest at 9 pm. Real life is latest at 5.30 pm. And it was a problem to leave the resort before 9 am, which meant that you actually couldn't join any tours or even diving from El Nido or have dinner in El Nido.
I was waiting for 1 1/2 hour in Coron Coron to be picked up, had to call the resort to ask where I actually had to be, on the road on the beach.
As I was travelling on my own, I was placed with a table on my own and couldn't change. Could those among breakfast but there was no bacon so I was served ham and couldn't choose anything else, even though I would pay for it.
I left after 2 nights even though I had paid for 5. Life and holiday is to short to get all these bad and lousy influence from a resort and its owner and staff. Absolute waste of money.

Room Tip: Don't choose the garden room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo