“Good place to stay if you want to really relax”

El Nido Four Seasons Resort
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in El Nido
Paranaque, Philippines
“Good place to stay if you want to really relax”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a late review. :)
We booked with 4seasons last May 2013 for husband's birthday.

You would definitely enjoy the view if you will insist to stay on their 2nd floor. The room is basic but enough for us to rest. The shower isn't working right, the sliding door to the balcony can't be locked either. We can't do anything about the bathroom but they fixed the door. Their food isn't good and very expensive. We just didn't have a choice but to to order from them on our first night because we were so tired from the travel.

Their staff were very nice. We signed up on their tour packages and I could say their boatmen are really kind. They will assist you when you go snorkeling or on my hubby's case, they literally pull him back to our boat as he was so tired of swimming all day. :)

Only disadvantage is travelling from the resort to the town. But I didn't mind at all. The tricycle only charge 50 pesos anyway..

It's a place that's quiet yet the view is amazing.. I would definitely be back and rent a room from them again. :)

Room Tip: Facing the beach, select last 2 rooms from the right.. :)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 14 October 2013

So, you want to go to El Nido? Island hopping, crystal clear waters, Shopping, Paradise on earth? Well, you are in luck, El Nido delivers everything and more, you will not be disappointed. Should you choose to stay at the four seasons however, your visit will be a bit tarnished. The resort is old, unkempt, harbors rude front desk help, and is in very, very poor repair. First off, most transportation services will not drive you to the resort because it rests at the bottom of a steep hill which becomes muddy and slick after even a sprinkle of rain. If hiking with luggage after a harsh 6hour van ride is on your itinerary, then by all means, waste your money on this dump of a "resort". The rooms are riddled with insects, the comfort of the bed is akin to a prison cot, travel to El Nido requires a hike up the steep, muddy hill and a trike ride from the resort, the whole atmosphere of the place is just "off", uninviting, empty, forsaken and trashy. I'm surprised this motel posing as a resort can stay in business. Oh, and electricity is turned off at 6 am, yes that's right, no electricity.

I would have given 4 Seasons a two star rating out of generosity, however, on our last day there we went island hopping. After returning to the resort/dirty motel, we were given a different room to shower and get dressed, than the one we initially rented. When we went to shower in the NEW room, the shower handle fell off and water began to spray out of the pipe. We informed the front desk that the room had a defective shower head, she explained that that the shower head was "just repaired" and that we would have to pay to fix it again. My wife was not happy and a torrent of Tagalog ensued between the front desk help and the Mrs. I stayed out of the conversation and let my wife handle the negotiations as this was not the sort of issue my American input would help. I just waited for my wife to let me know how much we would have to pay to leave the premises without involving local authorities. After the heated discussion, I found out we had a repair bill of 560 pesos, reasonable for a plumber's fee, but again, the shower was broken when we were put into the room. A nice way to have the foreigner pay for some repairs on the facility.

Ok, you have been warned, if you stay here, it is your own fault. Please, do yourself a favor and just book something closer to where the main portion of town is located. This resort is not only dirty, it is a potential legal calamity waiting to happen in which you will have to buy your way out of trouble.

As far as El Nido, do not hesitate, the most beautiful place on earth, you will not be disappointed. Mabuhay.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, trust me,
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Bob S

Travellers are raving about these El Nido hotels

Bacolod CIty, Bacolod, Philippines
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Given the fact that tourists search the web for the perfect place to stay, I fell for Four Seasons Hotel's allurement of presenting picturisque views of the place. Unfortunately, it was quite disappointing.
We arrived late (around 11pm) due to the draining 6-7hrs land trip from Puerto Princesa. The tricycle driver overly priced our fare from the terminal to Four Seasons at Php100. When we got to the hotel, all lights were off and 4 ladies are asleep on the couch/lobby.

The room is basic and old. The electricity is only until 6am (better charge all gadgets before power is out). The place is far from the town center, which is very inconvinient.
On the other hand, the terrace has a great view of the pool and the rocky beach. The garden is clean and well maintained. Free breakfast of your choice is a plus though.

Over all, The place is a little pricey for what it offers. The tricycle rides going to the tour-meeting-place in the town center also cost us a lot of extra unnecesary payments.

I recommend hotels near the drop-off sites of the "El Nido Tours", it has a long stretch of white sand beach with variety of bars, hotels and restaurants located in the town proper.

Room Tip: I recommend hotels near the drop-off sites of the "El Nido Tours", it has a long stretch o...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Darryn C
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed 31 July 2013

First thing you need to know about El Nido Four Seasons (which we didn't) was that there is no electricity in this hotel during the day time (8am to 6pm). When you check in, they tell you about it. When you question it, they will show you in the fine print on their website where it says there is no electricity (clever).

At any rate, once you get over that, the hotel is just super basic. Quite a bit different than what you expect from the photos you see on their website. Also, it's a bit far from the city proper (where everything is) so if you like to be in the middle of all the action, this hotel is not for you.

The hotel staff is not very accommodating and spend most of their time watching their kids (hotel staff lives on site with their kids).

Food is marginal and well worth just eating outside.

Only thing I could really say good is if you want to take one of their boats on a private tour around the islands, the boat staff is very friendly and makes your day on the water enjoyable.

I loved El Nido as it was my favorite place to visit in the Philippines, however, on my next visit I will definitely be staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose one of the rooms facing the ocean on the upper floor. Nice sunsets.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jay M
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Four Seasons Resort El Nido is a simple, small quiet hotel, offering only basic rooms. They have a well maintained pool and nice garden fronting the beach. Located in Corong Corong, its a 10 mins trike ride from the El Nido Town proper, so be prepared to pay a bit for tricycle. Some people may actually prefer the distance though because it makes for a quieter and more peaceful location. The staffs are generally polite and nice. Our check in was fast, the staff helped us bring our luggage to our rooms.

CONS:

From the main road, you'll pass by a short muddy dirt road before reaching the resort. Some trikes refused to take us directly to the hotel because they will be stuck to the muddy road. Hence, we were forced to walk a few minutes towards the hotel. Not a big thing really, but because the road was not lighted at all, it was a bit of a chore at night. Aside from that, their rooms are quite dated. Furnites are old, shower head was falling off, CR door was damaged. The rooms also has thin walls, you could hear the conversations on the other room. Food was quite expensive, better take your dinner/lunch at the town proper.

Overall, its an average resort. Their rooms are quite expensive for the state they are in (in need of renovation) and resort is also quite far from the town proper. They have a swimming pool though which is a rarity in El Nido. If that is a deal breaker, then stay at this resort. However, if you could do w/o a pool, then better look for a resort in El Nido town proper. Lots of hotels there with better maintenance and amenities.

Room Tip: if you're staying here, better get the beachfront rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank hlim34
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My overall experience was decent only because on my last dsy there I hired their private boat service to tour the islands and their 2 employees that run thst service was quite accomodating and friendly. Had it not been for them, our overall experience would have been poor.

The hotel is quite far from the little town proper which made it inconvient. We had to always rent a tricycle to go anywhere and most times you cant even find a tricycle so you end uo being trapped at the hotel for long periods waiting for transportation.

The front desk staff was not friendly nor helpful at all when asking them for tourist information, etc.

The food.... well let me make it simple; go eat somewhere else.

I will close by saying El Nido was truly amazing and to date, my favorite destination in the Philippines. Just find a better resort to stay at than frustrate yourself with this one.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Jay M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

If I could have my own company, without a doubt I would hire these multi-tasking,honest & hard working employees. They are very efficient & knowledgeable in their line of work. Friendly and caring too. They deserve employees of the year award. They are Flor Relacion , Arsenia Relacion,Arnel Relacion, Orlando Faustino, Beverly Gomez, Karen Pedroso, & Aiza Caampued. And the owners, I would like to thank them for putting up this Four Seasons El Nido. Sir / ma'am , you are the best.

• Stayed June 2013