“Small Pension with good rooms great service”

Marikit Pension (El Nido)
Ranked #48 of 90 El Nido B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Small Pension with good rooms great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Stumbled upon this place after being disappointed with other choices in El Nido.
Was informed that fan rooms were 800php and AC were 1500php. After agreeing on 1200php per night for room # 1 with AC, we settled in and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Each morning the owner would put hot water and coffee on the table outside our room, and the service in general was good.
Location was excellent, on a quiet street, 150m from the beach, providing tranquility and peace from the bustle of the main "drag" in El Nido.
Highly recommended for good clean pension in El Nido

Room Tip: There are only 6 rooms at this pension, my choice is room 1, corner room and very cozy
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank PHoenix242

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this understated pension house for 3 nights during Chinese New Year. I cannot fault the service, from my emails with the owner when we booked until we checked out.

The pension is located a walk away from the beach and as such it isn't as busy as the main area. All rooms have a connected balcony outside, where you can sit and have breakfast or relax after a day island hopping. Our room was clean and the bed was ok.

Also, although the Pension organises tours and bus rides to Puerto we chose to do it ourselves as we were able to negotiate better rates.

Only regret I had was not initially booking for the duration of our stay and then being unable to because it was fully booked.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Cluelessduo
Paranaque, Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

We travelled as a family in January 2013. We arrived at 1am from Puerto Prinsesa but they still accepted us since usually other hotels/pension houses would charge 2 nights since we will be leaving at 6pm the next day. The place is just few walks to the beachfront, they fixed the tours for us as well as the van to Puerto Prinsesa. Kuya Sonny assisted us in our tours and other needs and even gave us tips so we could save. they don't provide toiletries so make suer to bring your own. Amenities are quite standard which is okay since it's not like you'll be staying there for the rest of the day. My parents slept well during our stay and Ms. Merlie was kind enough to monitor us on our way to El Nido. Great experience indeed! :)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Castle C
Metro Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed at Marikit Pension House for two nights. It's located a few blocks away from the beachfront. It's also very near the van terminal going to Puerto Princesa.

For my first morning in El Nido I ordered breakfast from them and scheduled it at 7AM. When I opened my door before 7AM I was pleasantly surprised to see that my breakfast was already available. This was really a plus point for them. They really have a good service. As for the amenities, it's pretty standard. They have a double-sized bed, A/C, toilet and shower. They only have cold shower though, but it's ok since it can be very hot in El Nido. They also provide two bath towels. However they do not provide toiletries so you better bring your own (soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste). This did not bother me since this is not really a hotel but a pension house. What I love about it the most is that it's very quiet.

So yeah, overall I enjoyed my stay at Marikit pension house.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo