“Good location thats all”

El Nido Waterfront Hotel
El Nido Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #83 of 92 El Nido B&B and Inns
Manila
“Good location thats all”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Overpriced, although we were given a discount, but compared to others, their rates are still higher than other beach fronts. Unfortunately, we didn't check the other accommodations after we learned that our preferred hotel does not have rooms available anymore. This hotel was the second hotel we went to. We got the room with the jacuzzi at the balcony with a very nice beach view. Then again, all other balconies at the beachfront would have the same views, except we had the jacuzzi which we didn't really use. My 6-yr old son did play at the jacuzzi for 15 minutes but that's it. No electricity in the area (not just this hotel) from 6AM to 2PM. Power comes back at 2PM. Expect to wake up early when power goes off at 6AM.

Still under construction (by reading the other reviews, this hotel seems to be forever under construction/expansion).

The rate which is high enough already does not include breakfast. They don't have a restaurant. They do have free coffee but then by 10AM there won't be any hot water in the pot because there's no electricity.

Don't get the tours of the islands in the hotel or any other hotel. Walk down the road further from the police station towards Bacalaran (that's the landmark I noticed) there's a small travel and tours called APT. I got a great deal (big discount price off what the hotels are offering for the tours PLUS I got a kayak and the normal head gear and snorkels and towels + lunch) and that's a PRIVATE boat too (meaning its only my group composed of only 5 adults and 1 child in the boat). We got TOUR A. When the hotel offered me a Tour, I told them I got one down the road when I told the hotel staff the price he said that's a great deal already. I asked another shop offering tours and when I quoted the price I got, same response: I got a great deal. Our boatman's name is Frank

The hotel staff was kind enough to allow us to leave our things in 1 room so we can change and shower after our tours before we go home without additional charge. We initially checked into 3 rooms and we planned to check out at 8AM for the tour and bring our bags to the boat tour and just pay a few bucks to use the shower room at a hotel when we get back from the tour. The hotel staff offered for us to use 1 room where we can leave our bags and come back after the tour to shower at no additional charge. My companions aren't much for touring so we got back early for the 5-hour drive back to Puerto Princesa.

The best place to eat at is Sea Slugs which is a few yards away from the hotel. This resto-bar has the most complete menu in the area and food is not bad at all.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank system_error

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2013

There is no electricity between 6am and 2pm which makes it very difficult to pack in the dark (the windows are very small and you cant see out of them). Also no internet at this time. The window did not close all the way, letting in warm, humid air and pests. We stayed in two rooms and one smelled of urine, the other smelled musty. Only one attentive staff member. All others were busy on the laptop or watching TV etc. The one attentive staff was pleasant and a sweetheart. No food or restaurant, only a couple dusty bags of chips and cookies. There is a refrigerator with water and beer as well. That wasn't a huge problem though, because there are many restaurants within steps of the hotel. The view of the water from the hotel lobby is quite nice. There was construction going on on the second floor but it wasn't too noisy. We wanted to stay an extra night but they don't accept visa as payment so we had to exchange some cash down the street. The halls in the hotel were very clean; they were constantly sweeping away the sand and dirt so it was nice to walk barefoot in the hotel. Overall great location in the town of el nido, very close to the restaurants, tours, activities and most importantly, the waterfront. Overall, our stay was decent by El Nido standards though a little overpriced if you ask me.

Room Tip: I have no tips for how to chose a good room. Ask to see the room first and check out the window. We...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank darth_vanderr

Travellers are raving about these El Nido hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Cheaper than most waterfront hotels with aircon.
Free wifi. Unlimited coffee.
Staff are constantly cleaning.
Exceptional service: hanged up our swimming gears to dry, looked for a cellphone charger, new towels.
Gave Seniors Citizen discount for my parents.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank doc_elizat
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

We had our honeymoon at el nido.hotel is easy to locate,clean,nice friendly staff. However i find their dining tables were few.it took few time to wait for vacancy. Rooms were clean,but bed were quite unsoft. What's best in this hotel is the location. Nice beach front

• Stayed December 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The Waterfront Hotel in El Nido is one of the best hotels you can get. The rooms are very spacious, with A/C and TV. We got a beachfront room with a huge terrace and a private Jacuzzi. Relaxing in the Jacuzzi and watching the beautiful scenery was simply stunning. The view is breath-taking!

The staff was very friendly, the owner Reden and his wife were very welcoming and helpful. They also offer Island Tours, Laundry Service, free WiFi and free coffee.

I had a wonderful time at this hotel, wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: The Beachfront room in the upper floor are really amazing, great views.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Ad Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Loved the view, but that was a given. Rooms are ok, but what do you expect, you a LONG ways up the coast. Its about a 6-8 van ride from Purto Princesa (Probably where you will fly into). Staff was around but ddint really know who was the owners, workers or just people hanging out!

BIG NOTE. Not just this hotel, but the entire island has no power until 230 pm till 630 am. So you wake up to no fans etc and when I mean 230 pm, thats when the water heaters START to heat up, hence the other travelers comments of a cold jacuzzi, but I just sat in there with a beer and watched the beachfront and world go by....

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeremy W
Makati
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The hotel looks new from outside. They have deck with nice view of Cadlao Island. My room is not dirty but not very clean too. Some staff friendly, some just ok. Location of the hotel was good as it was beachfront. An OK place to stay. The price was alright. El Nido is very beautiful. Took Tour A and Tour C by local boat operators. The Small Lagoon is my favorite as we jumped off our boat to swim inside through a small hole that fits one at a time. I would love to come back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo