Gloria's and Rico's Cottages
Buena's Haven Travelodge(El Nido)(Great Value!)
US$52
Cadlao Resort(El Nido)
US$399
US$319
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 October 2013

It's my first time at Rico's Cottage. I already seen this space last time when I was in El Nido. It located downtown El Nido at the beach. Staff are very nice, rooms are clean. But you pay for the location not for the rooms. If you want to get up in the morning and have a nice view to the bay this is the place.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the new building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2013

the room is clean, staff are nice. good view located by the beach. has a nice patio where you can have your breakfast.
The only problem is out breakfast is always served late.
Hmmm... how come they serve the foreigners first before the Filipinos. 7:00 am breakfast is served either at 8:00 am or later. We've tried to notify the staff to serve or meal exactly at 7 am because we are trying to catch a bus, still they served it late.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Located in El Nido Downtown, you basically pay for the location, not for the services.

One night during the peak season costs 30USD, quite expensive for a mattress, a dirty electric fan, a dirty bathroom (No Shower and dirty mirror) and no breakfast (Tea or coffee included)

They nevertheless have a nice terrasse, front beach for you to chill out and enjoy the sunrise.

We went there three years ago and wanted to come back as we have a great experience at that time .. Unfortunately nothing changed in three years, no improvement, no reparation done, and 50% more expensive !

I would suggest to find a place outside from El Nido town, more affordable, more quiet and cleaner !

Room Tip: Ground Floor rooms have a balcony - Front beach
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2013

My son and I spent 10 days in El Nido in mid-January 2013. We stayed at Rico's on recommendation of friends. Absolutely fabulous. My son was upstairs and I was below him. Right on the beach. Air-conditioning came on reliably at 2.00 pm each day. Going to sleep listening to Mozart with waves lapping the sand right outside my open glass doors was magical. Charming and obliging staff. Right in the middle of all the El Nido "action" but always peaceful. To use the words of General Douglas MacArthur - "I shall return" and will stay at Rico's. In fact I would happily live out my remaining years right there.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Rico's has a prime spot right on the beach, the best value I know of on the beach. As mentioned there is a higher and lower end building next to eachother, priced accordingly but both are good options. The rooms that don't face the beach are nearly the same price and therefore not as great a value. There's also a guy renting kayaks out front, which we took most days.

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms are the real value
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple