“Amazing staff very helpful and friendly..”
Review of Big Creek Mansion

Big Creek Mansion
Ranked #91 of 116 Speciality Lodging in El Nido
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed there almost 5 days I think ..I find the hotel very good,clean and has a really nice structure.I miss staying there, be back soon..its funny every time we arrived in hotel after our tour one receptionist a girl who's very friendly and she always say that " your too dark na" ahahahs and I dont mind it ..I really like the way they treated us.hope if she could read this ..I can put a smile on her face and she'll remember me :)

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank cutyzizzy

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Spent three nights here with a group of friends. We rented out three rooms.

The receptionists were really nice and accommodated us well even when we checked in at 3:00 AM (long ride from Puerto Princesa).

The rooms were beautiful and unexpectedly spacious. One of the rooms had a malfunctioning aircon. Thankfully, when we raised this concern, this was immediately addressed and the aircon was fixed.

The breakfasts were delicious and well-made (I had corned beef). It was really quiet and peaceful, despite the ongoing construction works. The place had a lounge of some sort where friends can just chill and play billiards.

Overall, it was a good stay. 4/5 will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I had a good time when I was there. Everything was different. Being familiar with construction I could see that a lot of effort was put into making the Big Creek look good. Spoke with the lady who works there and was told that pool is coming soon. Cable tv and flat screens. AC. power out for half day time all over city everyday but no need stay in da room. Get out, its a free country [--]!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

I stay here last April for four days. By the way ist time I arrived nobody wants to help you your luggage . Small rooms and iron smell of water. Not everyday change the towel and very bad I pay one day before in van going to puerto to reserve 2 in frontset but I arrived there is occupied . Well don't pay in reception to reserve your set number . If you go there is occupied the other passenger

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Stunning big creek, cold even at noon vast area and garden, delicious hang with friends, friendly and pleasant to talk to the staff. Treat you as a family member. choose big creek for you lodging needs.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Big Creek Mansion: located where the former bus stations use to be and is under major construction. It is located on the edge of El Nido so traffic is minimal. A second and third floor is being added. Only the first floor with 7 rooms is completed at this time.

Our room very spacious, modern fixtures, comfortable beds, numerous outlets, backup generator, excellent water flow and hot water. No safety hazards but no room fire alarms, I brought my own. .

Construction equipment and material adjacent to hotel was unsightly, but we were not there to spend time looking out our balcony as most of our day time was spent away from the hotel to tour and dive around El Nido. The evening at Big Creek was exceptionally quiet compared to the hotel we stayed earlier in down town El Nido. There was no construction noise.

If you stay anywhere in the PH, you’ll have to get use to roosters greeting the sun. I used them as backup alarm clocks. The hotel has a unique sense of décor, somewhat Disney land like with a lot of concrete sculptured and painted to mimic trees and logs. We didn’t run into the pig as mentioned by other posters.

Staffs were exceptional. On our first day, we transferred from another hotel, they allowed us to check in at 7:30am and leave our bags in the room, we able to go to our next island tour at 9am with no problem. Staff were very friendly, diligent and helpful. Anything we requested was quickly responded to and cheerfully carried out. Free filtered Ice water available for the asking. Breakfast was provided and delivered to where ever you wanted to sit. There are numerous places you can have your meal. They have motorcycles available for rent, unknown cost as I had rented from another vendor

Once third floor is completed, you'll have a great view of El Nido.

Room Tip: Theres only 7, we were in 101 which is right next to the receptionist.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Spent 3 nights at Big Creek resently. There was some construction work going on but it was not done during the evening.

The rooms are clean and the Air Con is good.
The staff are the real asset of the hotel, fast friendly and really know the local area. We had a dispute with one of the boat operators for island hopping. The hotel arranged a new company for us and arrange a great discount to make up for the issue the day before.

The hotel is close enough to the beach for an easy walk there and far enough away to not hear the music and people when it is time for bed. The rates are VERY resonable, almost feels to cheap.

Room Tip: Always check the aircon in tropical locations. Make sure it works and is quite so you get a good nig...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple