“A lovely place”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in El Nido
Oslo, Norway
“A lovely place”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here for five nights, an it was a lovely experience. The staff is very friendly and service-minded, The food is some of the best in El Nido ( a little overpriced), the garden and the bay view is just fantastic. Too cool you off, they have a small swimming pool.
The rooms are comfortable, and there is always hot water in the shower.
The place is a to 10 minutes walk away from the noisy nightlife in the center og town. If you find that to be a problem, do not worry, they have a tricycle service to bring and pick up until 10PM.
They also have their own boat to take you on the island trips. They serve a very good lunch on a nice beach during the trip. It is best to go a little bit early in the morning (no later than 8AM) as that will bring you ahead of the croud, and you can have some of the spots alone.
If you go there from Puerto Princesa, they also can provide a van service (takes 5 - 6 hours including a stop, and costs 6000 PHP).
Garden view rooms are as good as ocean view, also when it comes to the view.

Room Tip: Dhe garden view rooms are a little bit cheaper, and the view is almost as good as the ocean view roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank arg02

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

It was a wonderful experience to stay here.
Beautiful place with gardens and a awesome view of the bay.
Close enough to the town so you can enjoy the nightlife but far away that it can't bother you.
Comfortable room and nice staff with great food!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I love Cadlao resort. I stayed for only one night after staying at a cheaper place in the city, and I wish I was able to stay at the Cadlao the entire time.

As soon as I walked into the Cadlao I thought "wow. I wish I came here to watch the sunset earlier."

My only regret is not staying longer. I wish that I planned for a day to just hang out at the resort by the pool.

As for food, it is definitely on the overpriced end. I ordered ice cream. It cost 200 pesos, was freezer burnt and definitely not worth it. I decided against ordering any other food while there other than the complimentary breakfast which was really good.

I appreciated finally having proper hot water at a resort, as my other resort the water did not get hot.

I would recommend booking in advance. I paid a little over $200CAD directly to the hotel, but when I was looking some months ago, on Agoda you could find it for $130CAD.

It is a perfect option if you can't afford the El Nido Resorts option, and do not want to stay in the city.

(I will post another review about a hotel in the city, and the city hotels are not worth it. Even if on the beach).

The wi-fi was not working at this resort and that is something that they need to fix. I didn't mind because I bought a Philippino sim and added a data plan.

There is not enough poolside loungers, so if you plan on hanging out at the resort during the day, snag the one you want early.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank PK_Vancouver
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here for five nights with my gf and three friends. We had a fantastic stay at Cadlao resort. The hotel and rooms are really nice; beautiful lush gardens, infinity swimming pool with a great view over the bay, clean and nice rooms, friendly staff.

This is one of the best hotels in El Nido, I can really recommend it. The only negative thing is extremely slow internet (but this is a problem in whole El Nido) ant that the restaurant and bar close at 10pm.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scyscraper
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My fiance and I stayed here for 4 nights in March and we absolutely enjoyed everything about this place. The accomodations were tasteful, clean, and comfortable. The hotel property and garden area are immaculately maintained. The food is on the expensive side but is high in quality. Some of my favs were the kinilaw, curry chicken, and the tapa breakfast. The massages are cheap but VERY high in quality. We had some of our best massages while in the PI here. El Nido was my favorite part of the trip in the PI and Cadlao helped make our experience there most memorable. I highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Longville, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I just got back from El Nido. I cant say enough about how much I enjoyed staying at this resort. Upon arrival I was handed a cold mango orange drink to quell my thirst. The resort was very clean with well maintained grounds. The staff was very friendly and nice. The woman who was the manager spoke good English and was also very nice and helpful. The food was good as I am a foodie, also try Altos pizza in El Nido the best I had in years. The resort is outside of town but a short ride by tricycle which is provided by the resort. When traveling from Puerta Princesa to El Nido take the bus not the van. The van I was in had 18 people in it stuffed like sardines. it was a miserable 7 hour drive. I would not think twice about staying at this resort again I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We paid approx £125.00 a night.Compared to other hotels in Palawan,Bohol and Manila this hotel was far overpriced.It is advertised as a resort but it is merely a cluster of rooms like a travel lodge with a glass door ,in a small garden.It has a very small pool which is only 2ft and 4 ft deep with approx 6 sunbeds around it.The view from the pool and hotel restaurant is lovely but it appears you are paying the price for the view and not the rooms or facilities.The food is overpriced.The shower in the room was cold ,you had no kettle,no fridge, and had to go to the restaurant if you wanted any hot water or cold drinks.You had a walk to the town of about 15 minutes which was fine during the day but not good for woman travellers at night.I would suggest you simply visit this place for an early evening meal in the evening for a view around 5.30pm/6pm.The service was non existent.The curried fish in the restaurant was nice but avoid mash (it was lumpy).Breakfast laughable for the price.There was no buffet breakfast:you got one egg,some toast and fruit and a coffee.If you wanted fruit juice you paid more money.One would expect a buffet breakfast for this price.There are far superior hotels in Palawan (see Daluyon).

Room Tip: Not worth the money.stay elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple