Sei Nazioni Cottages
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe cottageshot waternoisy roadmain roadplace to staypuerto princesabest thing about this placestayed here for nightswalking distanceclose to townspecial thanksisland hoppingnoiseaccommodationwifitoursmattresses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2014

to be fair, the rooms were quite nice, with spacious bathroom, although the bedroom is a bit smaller than we expected. however, the bathroom floor in my parents' room was all oily, like somebody spilled oil on it and I wonder how well the housekeeping did their job if they missed that.

the location was good, it's only a few steps to centre of town. you can walk to the beach where there are lots of beachfront restaurants, the Art Cafe, tour agencies, etc.

it's very close to the bus terminal, only about 1km but the tricycle still charges 50 php/ tri. however, too far to walk so tri is the only option. but on the way back from hotel to bus terminal, I was able to bargain down to 70 php for 2 tri.

front staff were helpful. they answered any questions we had but kept reminding me to pay for the extra bed. when I asked if I could pay later because I needed to exchange some more money, they asked me to give them my passport for deposit. Maybe it's their policy but it made me feel being treated like a criminal. Other hotels let me pay any extra charges on check out.
our rooms were the furthest from the main road but it was still very noisy, not to mention that dogs barked day and night, even if it's 5AM in the morning.

one night, behind my room, there was loud chattering, laughing for hours. I was patient hoping that they would eventually get tired and go to bed but no, at nearly midnight, they started singing and the talking got louder and louder. I couldn't suffer anymore and went to find the staff on duty to ask if there was anyway he could talk to his neighbours to keep the voice down. Turned out, it was not the neighbors, it was the hotel's staff having a party. How considerate of them, in such a small premise where all the rooms are only foot steps from one another.
After my complains, the singing stopped but the talking was still on. With my room so close, it was like someone was talking to my ears while I was trying to sleep.

Overall, with the price I paid for this hotel, I'd rather go somewhere else where I could have some proper sleep without being interrupted by barking dogs or partying staff at midnight.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vanchi228
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I really like this hotel. Although it's little small, it looks really nice. The cottage and surrounding areas are clean. The staff are friendly. The only disadvantage is that it's not near the beach but it's okay for us because we already enjoy island hopping tour all day long.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The rooms were nice but service was horrible (because if the owner). The locals cant do anything without his permission and we didn't receive anything we paid for.
They charge extra for hot water- there was no hot water.
We missed our first night because of flight delays and they were not willing to give us back any of our money although we informed them 24 hours in advance, when we arrived we didn't receive the breakfast we paid for. The location is really bad. Much better and nicer places in town.
For us service is 90% of the stay and the service was horrible (again because of the greedy owner)

• Stayed: April 2014
FaraLeeElNido, Owner at Sei Nazioni Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Our hotel has the policy refund written in our website and also in the booking engine our partner.
You reserved our hotel directly in our website , so,you agreed about our policy.
After a couple of weeks you reserved also 2 more nights never paid.
I didn't ask for the money because the first 2 nights was already paid.
Cancel a room only 1 day before the check-in meaning no refund also because the most of the times is impossible to sell it again.
The manager , during your check-in, asked you if you want the breakfast but you refused it becaused you was minded only about the refund.
Our staff , and in this case the manager, has the power to do what she think is better for the hotel and she know perfectly the policy.
She informed me about this situation but , together, we decided for it.
Again I repeat, and not only for you, before book an hotel read carefully the policy of payment and the refund and after decide if you agree or not.
We don't force anyone to stay with us and also I didn't force you to pay the last to nights that you refused to pay.
Last thing.... we had some customers arriving from your country and always we had some problems. You don't want never pay something and you make always troubles to the staff.
I would really like that this kind of person stay away from us.
this is the reason that we ask the total payment of the reservation before the arrival and from now I will never let someone arrive with out .
Sometimes we decide for some partial refund but only for a good reason that was not for your case.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Sei Nazioni for duration of ower holiday, and it was very good atmosfer and relacsing time. The owners and staff very friendly and helpfull. The cottages it self nice and clean all you need.At reception you will get all info you need for your holiday and they will help you with everything you need.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ovislt
Reviewed 27 February 2014

It's true that the cottages are located right next to the road so that when the trikes start rolling in at 6 in the morning, it gets noisy, but the staff have a good foresight and leave ear plugs for guests. The earplugs really did the trick for us; moreover, Lyn the receptionist told us they are going to soundproof the cottages in the next few months. The best part is that you get a cottage all to yourself, which is why we chose it in the first place.

I really liked that it was right next to town because you don't have to worry about getting a trike to go eat, shop, etc. The beach next to the town is not recommended for swimming because the restaurants/resorts dump their waste there, but it's nice to just sit there and enjoy a coconut juice or seafood dinner.

I don't agree with one of the reviewers that the cottage's housekeeping is not good. Theirs are the best I've seen in budget accommodations in the Philippines, and that's saying a lot since I've traveled for over two years all over the country. I figured out that their system is to change the sheets and towels every other day, which was fine with us since you don't really get them that dirty, and it's more environmentally-friendly. They meticulously clean the showers/toilet, and I did not see one bit of sand throughout the cottage even though we tracked in a whole bunch. I'm very meticulous when it comes to hygiene, and their cleanliness impressed me.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple