“Pangulasian - Heaven on earth”

El Nido Resorts Pangulasian Island
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in El Nido
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I went with two other friends back in May 2014 and stayed at the El Nido resorts Pangulasian Island. This was one of the best vacations I've ever had.

Beautiful beach a few steps away from our beach villa, blue pristine waters, glorious sunsets... Pangulasian is simply put heaven on earth. The resort itself offers impeccable service and one of the best, personalized experience I've had, right from the time we were picked up by our "own" guide Daren at the airport and when we got off the boat at the island being welcomed by the hotel manager Frank and the resort staff to even preparing us a stand-up paddle board which was ready by our villa within 5 mins of requesting. The people were just so nice and will be one of main reasons coming back next year.

The activities offered were also top notch. Can't get any better when you can snorkel with reef sharks in the morning, dive with turtles, boat trips to the lagoons. Just simply amazing!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Pangulasian is an amazing and seamless experience. I have tried the other island of El Nido Resorts (Miniloc and Lagen) but the beauty of this island - its nature and architecture is just something I will always treasure.

First, It has a wide open view of the sea and the mountains. Second, the design of the resorts simple looks good in all angles. Our room, the Sea View is one lovely place with a very stylish bathroom and comfortable beds.

Pangulasian is one place I would want to visit every year of my life.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank lexbonife
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Words cannot do justice to how magnificent out honeymoon here was. It is, quite simply, the most beautiful place on earth.

Despite some rainy weather in June this is still the most fantastic honeymoon location.

There is a great diving school, where I got my PADI. We saw all manner of aquatic life including a giant sea turtle!

The food has been criticised by some but I cannot agree. Two restaurants both served a variety of delicious meals.

The complimentary activities and tours are a must. In particular the lagoon tour will stick in my mind. Snorkelling at the big lagoon is my big tip, lots of aquatic life and almost as good as diving.

One other minor note, the internet here is great. Totally unexpected for a tiny island but meant I could stream the World Cup while lounging on the beach.

It's only 18 months old but this surely has to be the best destination in the region! I struggle to see how it could be improved.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RyanDeean
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed there for 2 nights and it was very nice experience. I really liked that the hotel is very close to the beach and its right at the main street. The room is very clean and comfortable. I would recommend it and would go back there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank HennySyChing
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed 8 days in Pangulasian over Chrismas / New Years Eve.
It was fantastic. Our pool villa with nice day bed, huge bathroom, very comfortable bed, modern infrastructure like Wifi, iPod pre-loaded with music & movies, which was mainly used by our kids.
Nice pool area with sunset views. Very good food and the personnel very friendly and attentive. Frank the manager was always very present and helpful.
Looking forward to coming back soon - for sure!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank DrKnudel
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My friends and I stayed in a Beach Villa during our time in Pangulasian and loved every minute of our trip! From the beautiful villa with thoughtful freebies (straw hat, water bottle, snacks etc) to the gorgeous beach right at our doorstep, everything was amazing, and definitely worth the slightly steep price tag. What makes the resort really stand out are the people; all the staff we met are exceptionally friendly; from the hotel manager to reception staff to guest activities officers; no request was too big or small for them. It was a resort where you almost only had to think of your request and the guys would already have it arranged for you...! Although expensive, the price is worth it; non motorized waterspouts equipment are free for guests to use, along with a guide to teach us how to do various activities like the standup paddleboard and the hobiecat. There are also tours that are included with our stay, such as the reef shark snorkel and big and small lagoon tours. Only breakfast was included in the room package, and food tended to be a bit expensive but not outrageously so. Food was fresh and well done; their lamb chops are to die for! Our 3 night stay definitely went by too fast, can't wait to come back, we will definitely be part of the 5% return rates of Pangulasian guests.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Fina_J
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We traveled as a couple to Pangulasian. As avid travelers, we've stayed in all types of resorts - average to high end luxury. As smart reviewers and critics, it's important to calibrate expectations depending on what type of resort you're staying at and think about whether you are getting what you paid for.

Location - Prior to Pangulasian, we stayed 2 nights at Miniloc island resort. It was only a 7 minute speedboat ride to Pangulasian. This is the only island in El Nido with a long, wide stretch of white sand beach. All other islands in El Nido are limestone rock formations and have very small beach areas. As such, we understood why this resort was the priciest of all El Nido group of resorts in the area. The coral reef surrounding this island was OK but we have seen better. Miniloc's coral reef and marine life was much better. This is no fault of the resort of course, but good info to have especially for avid snorkelers. The beach is peppered with the most gorgeous shells, corals and rocks in different pastel colors. Just wonderful.

Facilities - The restaurants, landscaping, heated pool area, gym, spa, reception and rooms were all top quality/luxury facilities. I was very, very pleased with the look and feel of the resort. There was a hiking trail which guests could explore along with a resident guide. It offered a lovely view of the entire island along with neighboring ones. The resort also offered a variety of water sports like paddle boards, kayaks, aqua shoes, hobie cats and windsurfers. Snorkeling equipment was new and in great condition.

Room - We booked a Beach Villa which is the beach front room, with a wonderful porch outside and private loungers, plus a large luxurious bathroom. The bed was large and comfortable, interior design was sophisticated and played very well to the high end feel of the resort. We could not complain about anything in the room. It was stunning and superbly comfortable.

Food - The breakfast buffet was pretty good. They offered a wide variety of dishes, Filipino options and international food. Only breakfast is included in the package. The food in the Pool Beach Bar was OK, but not spectacular. It was "comfort food" and was more affordable than the fine dining restaurant. Price point was as expected in a luxury hotel.

Service - This was the absolute best thing about this resort. I am highly critical about the demeanor and attitude of staff in any place I visit, and I could not find anything to complain about in Pangulasian. Frank, the hotel manager was very friendly and stopped for quick chats everyday to see how we were doing.

Concerns:

The resort offered snorkeling with the reef sharks, docile creatures but allegedly around 5 feet long. My boyfriend went for the trip but unfortunately, none of the guests saw any sharks. This again is not a fault of the resort. It was a unique offering and we thought it was great for the guests to experience something like this with the guidance of the resident staff and divers.

We arranged for a private dinner by the beach, for two. It was a lovely set up, with candles on the sand surrounding the table. Very romantic and the food served was great, This will run you about $250 for two. My only complaint was that the candles were not lit as scheduled, so when we arrived, we had to wait for them to finish arranging everything. The thrill of walking towards the dinner set up was diminished significantly because of this.

Another concern we had was an incident which occurred when my boyfriend decided to go for a late night walk on the beach. Security was patrolling the area and one of the guards kept flashing a light on him non stop, like he was some kind of intruder. This offended my boyfriend and he approached the guard to ask whether there was a problem. The guard said, "It's very late Sir." To which my boyfriend answered, "This is my vacation and I am going to take a walk at whatever time I want to. You should stop flashing that light on your guests. It is very rude." The guard apologized and walked away. We reported this incident to the hotel manager and we were assured that the head of security would be informed about our complaint. Frank also assured us that as guests, the island was like our property and we can walk whenever we want to.

Overall, it was a great experience in Pangulasian. Would we come back? Certainly, we would.

Room Tip: Beach Villa #4 has an unobstructed view of the beach. Get this room if you can.