El Nido Overlooking
US$541
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewspool villacountry innla plage restaurantsteep drivewaysmall swimming pooloutdoor lounge areabacuit baycooking facilitiesa minute tuk tuk rideinternet wififrench press coffeeisland hoppingfor making our stay so memorablemini barbeautiful roombreakfast ordercan't recommend this place enough
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

We went for 3 nights as part of a 10 day trip celebrating our anniversary.

The staff were fantastic in replying to emails and arranging airport pick up even though our domestic flights from Manila were delayed 3 times....

When we arrived, we loved the view from our room. And how the set up had an outdoor eating area but the bathroom and bedroom indoors. Simple but beautiful!

Staff were always friendly and helpful. Anyone in town who knew we were staying there would comment about how nice the place was. We felt like we hit gold :)

The rooms were serviced well and the breakfast was delicious always, delivered to ur room and set up beautifully.

The only negative thing was that you had to get used to having small lizards in the room near the roof area. There was one in our room and two in the outdoor area of our room. At first I was worried and a little bit uneasy but once I got used to them being everywhere, I realised that they always stay high in the roof and never come near you or your things.

The hotel wasn't in the middle of town but it was only a 5 minute tuk-tuk ride that costs 15 pesos per person each way. So still cheap and easy to get around from it.

Really loved our stay here and will definitely be back to this hotel if we return to el nido.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We had a 5 night stay and had a wonderful time. We had cottage no 3 which I believe had the most amazing terrace and view.
We loved the local staff, they were so kind and welcoming and prepared the best fruit plates on the island for breakfast.
It has been all so beautiful that I can only join those folks here that are raving about this little place.

From the other side I am very critical and I do have some comments which might be useful for the management to improve:
- please have cosmetics (we were only provided a promo pack on shampoo on our arrival, the rest nothing)
- please have more hangers available, to place towels, hand towels in the bathroom.
- please provide more towels (they only give 1 per person) , at least a hand towel
Small details count!

The only thing which annoyed me a bit was the often presence of the management & friends in the only common area (in front of the pool where you can go to use internet) having conversations in French, and eating mouth watering food right in front of your eyes. BUT: there is no restaurant in the place, you can only have breakfast. So this is why I found this very unprofessional and intimidating for the guests.

Room Tip: we stayed in cottage no 3. the view is really wonderful from there, but the bathroom is a shoer only.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank szirat
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed for 4 nights here. This is the BEST ACCOMODATION you can ever get in El nido town though its just a bit far from the beach.We could just stay inside our villa for 4 nights without being bored because the place is just so BEAUTIFUL!!! Delicious breakfast, nice pool, big tv, good shower. Friendly stuff and very accomodating host. The only thing I can complain is the soft scratching noises at night which I think are mices from the roof.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sarami11
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

We arrived at El Nido late in the afternoon, and found El Nido Overlooking warmly welcoming us.

We got to stay at the Pool Villa, and the Cottage on different nights since the Pool Villa was already booked on the second and third night.

I love the Pool Villa for it's tub, and shower that overlooks at El Nido, but gives you enough privacy from prying eyes. I wish we stayed indoors and just did a staycation there.

The Cottage gives a different feel but it was just as beautiful, as the Pool Villa. Both rooms, however, does not have any doors to it's toilet, and bath but the interiors are designed to give you enough privacy.

I would recommend this it for couples, and/or a staycation.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Absolute hidden gem in El Nido. Right from the beginning of booking this hotel, the service was brilliant. The resort has only 4 cottages hidden in the hills, with amazing views over El Nido harbour. We stayed in the family villa which was only 2 weeks old, we had 2 large bedrooms both very clean and 2 lovely large bathrooms. The room also has 3 lovely outdoor seating areas for food, relaxing and sunbathing. it also comes with a kitchen to do your own cooking, although we didnt bother. The prices of the drinks in the fridge are very reasonably priced, as well as the breakfast served to your room which makes it perfect for a lazy day at the resort.

The pool is beautiful, overlooking El nido and is perfect for late night swimming watching the sun going down. My partner and I stayed in this room just the 2 of us, as the other rooms were fully booked, which now I am so pleased they were, as it was worth every extra penny having a private cottage of this standard! We loved everything about it.

Thank you to Arnauld and his lovely sister who made us feel very welcome at the resort! We would highly recommend your cottages to all of our friends and family.

Room Tip: The Family Room is worth the extra for your own infinity pool!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple