1,009 results
All reviewsbig lagoonel nido resortsbig macjack fishgarden cottagewater cottagessister resortentalula beach clubfull board mealsactivity coordinatorbuffet stylebuffet lunchboat rideour honeymoonresort staffmarine lifeprivate dinner
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My partner and I travelled to Miniloc last March and it was really an amazing experience. We got a two nights 3 nights package. Although we came to the island exhausted as the flight was early in the morning and we didnt get enough sleep the night before, the moment we stepped in to this wonderful island, we felt so awed by the place that we started to do the island activities that the resort has to offer. The service is really excellent. Weng, our guide really delivered exceptional service and attended to all our needs. Food is just average, and accomodations are not really five star quality but the service makes up for it. Also, the location itself is just truly amazing I felt so sad when we left. I also admire el nido resorts for trying to make the place 'green' and in balance with nature. I hope they really continue preserving this place for years to come and it wouldnt turn in to a very commercial, crowded and environmentally deteriorating place like boracay.

Room Tip: we stayed at the beach front casitas which has a direct view of the ocean. I also recommend trying to visit Lagen island for breakfast.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kris l
ElNidoResorts P, Public Relations Manager at El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for allowing us to be part of you and your partner's memorable experience. With the help of our guests, like yourself, we will be able to reach more people and make them aware of the beauty of Bacuit Bay and the need for it to be protected, so that future generations can enjoy it as well. We look forward to having you back in the islands.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

My aunt, sons (ages 8 and 10 ) and I stayed at the El Nido Resort on Miniloc island. We were supposed to stay in the hillside cottage, but were upgraded for free to a beach cottage because my aunt can't climb too many stairs. The resort itself is gorgeous. It is surrounded by limestone mountains and the rainforest. We snorkeled in the reef in front of the hotel everyday. IT is the best snorkeling I have ever experienced, in terms of the corals and variety of fish. Every morning at 8:45 and 10 AM, they feed the huge jackfish everyday. It's quite a site to observe underwater! The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had a marble bathroom with a rainshower. They give you a pitcher of distilled water and will refill it for you whenever you ask. Everyday, they left good night messages for us on leaves- such a nice touch.
The food buffets were delicious.
Every family has their own tour guide. We had the pleasure of working with Cris and Joelle. They took us to the different islands and lagoons. They went out of their way to ensure that we had a great time.
The staff at Miniloc is very polite and courteous. No request was turned down.
My boys and I look forward to returning to the resort in the future!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lourdes70
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We, 3 friends, have booked the hotel through Splendia.
I asked Splendia about the transfer from El nido to Miniloc...
As I am used to book through this site, I was hopping to get answer quickly...that was not...I decided to sent an email by myself...no answer !! Never get an answer anyway! Like they never check their email!!
And finally, we had to use our phone ! International calls, and difficulty to join them...oh my god!!!
On arrival, we had to pay the total stay...Never see that in a "luxuary" hotel...
And the funniest thing, is that at the end of our stay, the manager came to us during dinner, to announce that we have to pay 6500 pesos per night for the 3rd person...no way !
He absolutely wanted us to pay, whereas the Splendia voucher never indicates that anywhere !
He wouldn't understand that it ha to deal with Splendia if there was a problem, not with us, as we didn't know anything about that !
We hadn't have to pay finally...
But he asked us for the fees for conservation area !!!
Wow !! This hotel never stop asking us for money!!
I mean, If they told us everything when we arrived, or if they have checked their email, it could have never happen the way it happened !! Other details I won't talk about...
Fortunately, the site is beautiful, and you are close to every island in Bacuit...but 3 days for us were too long and we felt a little bit like in a luxuary "jail"...go if you like snorkeling everyday, or laying on the beach...

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Viliv
Reviewed 11 June 2013

From the time you arrive at the airport in El Nido, Palawan, you will be greeted by the personnel of the resort with a big smile and welcome song. At the arrival lounge, guests are treated to "biko" (native sweet rice) and refreshments. After that, you will be approached by a "coordinator" of the resort, assigned to your family. He will arrange the activities that you want to do during your entire stay at the resort. There are activities that are FREE, such as kayaking, snorkeling, paddle boarding, fish feeding, etc., and going to Lagen Island (another resort belonging to El Nido Resorts group) and Entalula Beach Club (owned also by El Nido Resorts). Tours going to other places of interest in El Nido are for an additional charge. All meals are FREE, however you will have to pay for the drinks that you will order (except service water). If you want to have an exclusive/private dinner or picnic in one of the coves maintained by the resort, you will have to pay for the service fee and drinks, but the food is for free.

From the arrival lounge, guests are transported to the "pier" on board an air conditioner jeepney (less than 5 minutes ride). From the beach, guests will have to walk along a "boardwalk" to a waiting motor boat (less than 5 minutes walk). Be wary of the sand flies (attracted to dark clothing). The motor boat takes the guests to an outrigger boat (less than 5 minutes ride). The outrigger boat will take the guests to Miniloc Island (more or less 45 minutes). Guests will again board a waiting motor boat that will bring them to the resort where smiling staff are waiting with cold refreshments, cold towels and welcome necklace made of coconut leaves. Guests are also treated to a song and dance number of the personnel of the resort. After the orientation, guests are already free to do the activities that they have chosen to do.

The family cliff side room that we had taken has two beds on the first level and a queen size bed on the"loft". It has a very good view of the ocean in front of the resort. It has a veranda with a day bed. From the veranda and from the windows of the room, you can see monkeys dangling from the trees at the side of the mountain. Bathroom is clean and with adequate toiletries. Housekeeping personnel are very efficient and very fast in bringing our requests.

Selection and taste of food are okay.

There are a lot of activities for kids. The resort has no swimming pool, however, guests can use the swimming pool in Lagen Island free of charge.

The private dinner that we had at Danggan beach was great! (Thanks to Rodney!)

The resort itself is a typical island tropical resort with accommodations made of indigenous materials. What sets it apart are the ever smiling and very accommodating personnel of the resort. (Special thanks to Chie, our activity coordinator!).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BDCE
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Wonderful location but the resort needs to be renewed. WERY NOISY STAFF!!!
Customers come there to relax....not to watch the staff playing basket!! The management doesn't care and let them playing....is it normal?!?
We were unable to rest in the afternoon....
As several guests declare, the ECO contribute is only a dream for tourists as the local doesn't care so much. We saw engine boat leaking oil in the Laguna etc etc.
If you can effort this resort price is better you look forward as you will find something better.

• Stayed: May 2013