1,009 results
All reviewsbig lagoonel nido resortsbig macjack fishgarden cottagewater cottagessister resortentalula beach clubfull board mealsactivity coordinatorbuffet stylebuffet lunchboat rideour honeymoonresort staffmarine lifeprivate dinner
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Fabulous welcome as you step off the plane. Then boat out to the island. Then an amazing welcome by the staff - its their speciality! Did a 5am canoe trip across the bay that was magical. Had monkeys dropping coconuts on the bedroom roof but i didnt mind. Was invited to let loose some new born turtles. Oh and the diving was brilliant. Loved this trip to philippines and will go again. Reception at airport in manilla was 5 star too!

Room Tip: Didnt have the beach villa but didnt mind. Take care if you do the traditional dancing. The wooden poles can be dangerous.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank datavalue
ElNidoResorts P, Public Relations Manager at El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

We are glad that you were able to help us release and make sure those turtle hatchlings reach the sea. Great that you enjoyed your stay in Miniloc. We hope to see you soon in our other islands. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

what i liked most:

1. Pristine beach, nature, lagoons, marine life
2. Great buffet whether it be for breakfast, lunch or dinner, their selection and range of food were really great and of good quality
3. Staff service, high up there, experienced one of the best services, very professional, whether it be the concierge, guide to the lagoons or snorkeling around, orientation on the gears or dining area concerns
4. Beachside Cottage Room - modern and spacious! :)

what needs improvement:

1. the island hopping tour needs to provide mineral water for guests while touring around
2. check the shower heater in the rooms before leasing it out to your guests

Room Tip: better to choose the beachside cottages, more value for your money :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My partner and I travelled to Miniloc last March and it was really an amazing experience. We got a two nights 3 nights package. Although we came to the island exhausted as the flight was early in the morning and we didnt get enough sleep the night before, the moment we stepped in to this wonderful island, we felt so awed by the place that we started to do the island activities that the resort has to offer. The service is really excellent. Weng, our guide really delivered exceptional service and attended to all our needs. Food is just average, and accomodations are not really five star quality but the service makes up for it. Also, the location itself is just truly amazing I felt so sad when we left. I also admire el nido resorts for trying to make the place 'green' and in balance with nature. I hope they really continue preserving this place for years to come and it wouldnt turn in to a very commercial, crowded and environmentally deteriorating place like boracay.

Room Tip: we stayed at the beach front casitas which has a direct view of the ocean. I also recommend trying to visit Lagen island for breakfast.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kris l

Thank you for allowing us to be part of you and your partner's memorable experience. With the help of our guests, like yourself, we will be able to reach more people and make them aware of the beauty of Bacuit Bay and the need for it to be protected, so that future generations can enjoy it as well. We look forward to having you back in the islands.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

My aunt, sons (ages 8 and 10 ) and I stayed at the El Nido Resort on Miniloc island. We were supposed to stay in the hillside cottage, but were upgraded for free to a beach cottage because my aunt can't climb too many stairs. The resort itself is gorgeous. It is surrounded by limestone mountains and the rainforest. We snorkeled in the reef in front of the hotel everyday. IT is the best snorkeling I have ever experienced, in terms of the corals and variety of fish. Every morning at 8:45 and 10 AM, they feed the huge jackfish everyday. It's quite a site to observe underwater! The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had a marble bathroom with a rainshower. They give you a pitcher of distilled water and will refill it for you whenever you ask. Everyday, they left good night messages for us on leaves- such a nice touch.
The food buffets were delicious.
Every family has their own tour guide. We had the pleasure of working with Cris and Joelle. They took us to the different islands and lagoons. They went out of their way to ensure that we had a great time.
The staff at Miniloc is very polite and courteous. No request was turned down.
My boys and I look forward to returning to the resort in the future!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lourdes70
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We, 3 friends, have booked the hotel through Splendia.
I asked Splendia about the transfer from El nido to Miniloc...
As I am used to book through this site, I was hopping to get answer quickly...that was not...I decided to sent an email by myself...no answer !! Never get an answer anyway! Like they never check their email!!
And finally, we had to use our phone ! International calls, and difficulty to join them...oh my god!!!
On arrival, we had to pay the total stay...Never see that in a "luxuary" hotel...
And the funniest thing, is that at the end of our stay, the manager came to us during dinner, to announce that we have to pay 6500 pesos per night for the 3rd person...no way !
He absolutely wanted us to pay, whereas the Splendia voucher never indicates that anywhere !
He wouldn't understand that it ha to deal with Splendia if there was a problem, not with us, as we didn't know anything about that !
We hadn't have to pay finally...
But he asked us for the fees for conservation area !!!
Wow !! This hotel never stop asking us for money!!
I mean, If they told us everything when we arrived, or if they have checked their email, it could have never happen the way it happened !! Other details I won't talk about...
Fortunately, the site is beautiful, and you are close to every island in Bacuit...but 3 days for us were too long and we felt a little bit like in a luxuary "jail"...go if you like snorkeling everyday, or laying on the beach...

• Stayed: June 2013