My boyfriend and I visited this resort in October of 2012. Almost a year later I still day dream about my time there. We booked a garden cabin and it was very lovely and clean! We were greeted with a Filipino song and a fresh coconut drink. The food was good with plenty of variety. They plan your day according to what you would like to do and how busy you would like to be. If you enjoy snorkeling this is the place for you! Since it is a wildlife preserve, the number and variation of fish is countless! I saw fish that I never knew existed!! Warning is not to hang out in one spot for too long, if you happen to be over a fish nest you will get bitten and it will likely draw blood like it did for me! There were jelly fish too but they had stings similar to a horse fly, annoying but not enough to keep you from swimming. We were able to take out the kayak as much as we wanted and we toured the islands nearby and watched the sunset from our kayak. Absolutely beautiful!!
The one thing I would complain about is that we never received a phone call for a morning wake up. We wanted to go on a sunrise tour. We were there for four nights (you need a minimum of 4 to see everything) We requested a wakeup call every morning and when we complained about it they said the reason why they didn't call is because they thought the water was too low. In their defense it was low but still high enough for us to enjoy it (we set our own alarm on the last day). We went to the big lagoon for sunrise and it was well worth getting up early. We saw all sorts of wildlife and we had the whole lagoon to ourselves. We certainly would have missed out had we not set our own alarm!
Also there wasn't much to do in the evenings. We just went to bed early to make the most of the morning. We will most definitely be returning. It is well worth every penny!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miniloc Island is a rustic and charming hideaway reminiscent of a coastal village. Miniloc Island is located in El Nido, in northwestern Palawan. It takes a 75-minute direct flight from Manila to get to El Nido or a 6-hour travel by land from Puerto Princesa City (Palawan's Capital City).Miniloc Island Resort is tucked within a beautiful cove surrounded by towering limestone cliffs and a vibrant coral reef. It is a gateway to popular activity sites in a breath-taking location known for its high biodiversity. The resort has 50 cottages and rooms built in traditional Filipino design over the water, beside the beach, or surrounded by garden and limestone cliffs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resort Miniloc Island Hotel El Nido
- Hotel El Nido
- Resort El Nido
- El Nido Resorts Miniloc Island Palawan Island